Vanished Option (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room

Bandersnatch -> Vanished Option (12/24/2010 5:14:07 PM)

I'm new to Distant worlds and am a bit overwhelmed by the size and scope of the whole thing. I'm well into a game and have been building capitol ships for a while; now the option to build that ship has vanished. What'd I do--run out of some needed component?? [&:]

Krob -> RE: Vanished Option (12/24/2010 6:12:16 PM)

There are two things that come to mind... Either you've accidentally set it to be obsolete or you've upgraded it and it's put it over your maximum construction size. If you switch your ship designer to show all ships, make sure the latest design doesn't have a red asterisk at the end and then edit it and make sure it doesn't have a size warning at the top.

K

Bandersnatch -> RE: Vanished Option (12/24/2010 9:24:39 PM)

[sm=dizzy.gif] I goofed up. Since I began playing, the ship build list always had Capitol just above the troop ship at the bottom of the list. Now its moved to just under explorer at the top of the list. It's the first time there has been a change. I'll be more observant in the future.

Since I'm here, One thing I am curious about, that I can't find in Galactopedia, is how the curser can change to an arrow pointing at a world, and change to an arrow pointing to a troop symbol. and then to a yellow oval. I suspect it has something to do with taking a colony. I hate to be a pest, but I want to learn the game. thanks much.

Spacecadet -> RE: Vanished Option (12/25/2010 1:28:44 AM)

If you have a ship capable of carrying troops and you move the Mouse over a planet a few things can happen.

If you have no troops onboard and there are troops on the planet it should say Load Troops (yellow text).
If you have max troops onboard and hover over the planet it should say Unload Troops.
If you have troops onboard and hover over an enemy planet you should get a red circle & crosshair to attack.

Bandersnatch -> RE: Vanished Option (12/25/2010 8:32:23 PM)

Gotcha![:)] Many thanks. I expect to be around for a while, especially reading all the other posts. Later, Bandersnatch.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI