Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map trouble in long campain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map trouble in long campain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map trouble in long campain - 12/15/2000 9:08:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

Hi, I have 4.4 and all I am getting for maps are medium maps with one of the sets of vic. hexes almost at the edge. Ho do I change it back so I fight on large maps? I need room for my 10k point armies!!! And is there a way to use the larger maps(besides hacking the savegame)? Haupt

Post #: 1
- 12/15/2000 9:21:00 PM   
Warhorse

Hauptmann, don't know if I've experienced the particular problem with the VH's on the side of the map, but yes to the medium map problem, it seems to prefer these?! Unfortunately I don't know of any way, short of hacking, of using the larger maps, you may try to just open the editor, pick large map then exit, then start the generator, don't know for sure if this works, might be a coincidence, but last night I got a 100x100 after doing that? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 2
- 12/15/2000 9:41:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

Hmm... up to a week ago I would get all large maps in the cmpain, then they all started being medium looking like the bottom had been cut off a large map. And I haven't changed anything I know of... Is there a setting in one of the ini files? IIRC there was in SP2WWII when I was still playing that(I liked it, just hated having to have the CD in). Haupt

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 3
- 12/15/2000 9:58:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

Found this while snooping around. Anyone know the codes for map size? and is this for teh last open or is it standard? # game.ini written by DLL config program GAME_TYPE 0 SCENARIO_NUM 0 LOAD_NUM 0 NAME T2, German vs U.S.Ar, 6/44 CODE code: DDD 800 890170733 MONTH 6 YEAR 96 AUTOBUILD 1 AUTODEPLOY 1 SIDE1P 1 SIDE2P 1 SIDE1NATION 12 SIDE2NATION 11 BATTLE_TYPE 2 MAP_SIZE 0 TIME 5 WATER 0 Haupt

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 4
- 12/15/2000 10:26:00 PM   
Warhorse

Interesting...never snooped into that one for some reason, dunno?! Maybe make a copy of it for safekeeping, and try modifying some points to see what happens? I'm at my store, or I would try it quick. Fortunately I have no sound card on this machine, or I would never get a thing done, I'de have loaded SPWAW, and never work ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 5
- 12/17/2000 2:03:00 AM   
skukko

Hi guys: ) Did you find a way to get it big with campaign games?

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 6
- 12/17/2000 9:23:00 AM   
dextertt

I like to play with the larger maps also, give recon and manuever a chance. In regard to spww2 v3, does anyone know how I can ALWAYS get the larger maps ? Hacking the files. Sorry to ask this question here but there are no where else to post.

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map trouble in long campain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI