Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Powered by TV3D 6.5

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> Powered by TV3D 6.5 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 11/25/2010 11:48:43 PM   
Thaliak

When I play the game, I see a "powered by TV3D 6.5" logo in the lower right corner of the screen. Since I have not seen the logo in any of the screenshots and it obscures part of the interface, I am assuming it is unintentional. Is there a way to remove it? If it helps, I downloaded the game through Impulse.
Post #: 1
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 11/26/2010 1:36:44 AM   
PhilSST

Hi,

You're quite correct. It should not be there. The only thing which would cause it to be that way is a missing or corrupt file in the setup, which could be my fault. I have to assume that every single copy sold on Impulse has this problem, so I'm amazed that this is the first I'm hearing of it. I'd better not say any more on that.  I will be in touch with Impulse and Tri-Synergy to ask them to check the installation and fix the missing or corrupt file ASAP.

I trust that this is not happening with anyone who has the Matrix version of the game? Matrix let me test the installer to ensure that everything was functioning correctly and it was definitely working perfectly for me.

(in reply to Thaliak)
Post #: 2
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 11/26/2010 8:40:54 PM   
Thaliak

Thanks for the reply. To see if the problem might be on my end, I disabled my anti-virus software and re-installed the game. That did not help. I have seen two other problems:
1. The game only has one file, the Star Sentinel Tactics executable. There are no modding tools, which is not important to me but might matter for other players; and
2. I do not see text by "Tip" in the load screen.

Good luck fixing them.

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 3
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/5/2010 6:55:12 PM   
Thaliak

Have you had the chance to fix the files?

(in reply to Thaliak)
Post #: 4
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/19/2010 7:19:16 PM   
Thaliak

I messaged PhilST to remind him about this. Here was his reply:

quote:

Hi,

I'm currently not able to check the Impulse files, and so cannot be sure what state they're in. I'm going to assume the worst (ie: they're badly broken) and prepare a patch which will make the Impulse version of the game as similar as is possible to the Matrix version. I'm currently finishing off a patch for the Matrix version of the game, and then I will have the Impulse version patched to match that. In other words, the Impulse patch should fix all the issues which have not affected the Matrix version and fix all the issues which have cropped up since release on Matrix. I suspect everyone has left for Christmas now, so it's not likely that the patch will be available until January. I will aim to get it released as soon as possible.

Regards

Phil

I also contacted Stardock explaining the situation and asking them to verify their copy of the game. That will tell us if the problem is on my end or theirs.

(in reply to Thaliak)
Post #: 5
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/29/2010 7:21:12 PM   
MIGMaster

I bought my copy from Gamer's Gate and the logo blocks out the interface in that version as well. I also noticed that the buttons on the interface are not labelled and some of the reading bars are called TBD ( to be determined I'm guessing).

It's too bad the game shipped in this state as it could have drawn more players with a bit more polish.

(in reply to Thaliak)
Post #: 6
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/30/2010 12:08:15 AM   
PhilSST

Thanks for letting me know, MIGMaster. I'll be making certain (or as certain as I can, given that Matrix is the only distributor I have direct contact with) that the 1.01 patch gets all versions patched to the same point, because it's profoundly unfair that buyers from other sites should have an inferior product. Your description of the symptoms has told me once and for all what happened with the GG and SD versions of the game, and I'm very grateful for that.

I think you're very generous to say that "it's too bad" and "a bit more polish", and I'm not certain I could have been as magnanimous if the situation was reversed.

(in reply to MIGMaster)
Post #: 7
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/30/2010 5:42:21 AM   
bman654

Yeah I noticed the "TBD" tooltips also but forgot to mention them.

@PhilSST: I can imagine the things you are saying under your breath about all this

Good luck and thanks for the support! I look forward to playing when I can sort out the sound issues.

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 8
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 12/30/2010 1:02:08 PM   
MIGMaster

There's a lot of good stuff here - and I find I'm enjoying it so far.

I used to review games and hardware for a Canadian PC magazine and website so I have a great deal of empathy for your situation. I really think this game could gain some legs after a patch or so - I'm hoping you get the publisher support you need !

(in reply to PhilSST)
Post #: 9
RE: Powered by TV3D 6.5 - 1/23/2011 6:46:49 PM   
Thaliak

The problem appears to be fixed. Thanks.

(in reply to MIGMaster)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Star Sentinel Tactics >> Tech Support >> Powered by TV3D 6.5 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI