Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.5 - 2/4/2011 updated!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.5 - 2/4/2011 updated! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.5 - 2/4/2011 updated! - 12/21/2010 6:50:35 PM   
alexalexuk

Current Version - 0.5 - released 2/4/2011

TUNED FOR 1.5.0.8 BETA.

This mod is focusing on modifying the races.txt file to give a more challenging game to the more experienced players.

Key goals of this mod are:

1) Get the AI to build more ships
2) Make the AI bloody hard to beat

Im constantly modifying and adjusting accordingly as i play games, and i also welcome your feedback!!!!

Download link:

Please post a thanks if enjoy this! A little goes a long way :)

http://www.filefrisk.com/download/super_ai_v0_5.zip

Installation notes:

1) extract into your customization folder
2) select super AI from your theme when you load the game
3) start a new game, enjoy!
4) please ensure you are playing with aggressiveness on unstable

Changelog
Version 0.5

updated for 1.5.0.8 BETA patch

please now play the game with maximum setting on unstable, NOT chaos.

- minor fix bug for Mechaniod secondary tech now ion cannon focus.
- all races now like other races that are the same species.
- all races now hate other races that are different species.
- the same races now love each other.
- no one hates the Mechanoids, except for insects.
- increased loyalty to all races.
- increased caution on insect races.

Version 0.4

updated for 1.5.0.6 BETA patch

- reset all settings to default
- adjusted all races primary tech to construction, their "old" primary is now their secondary tech focus
- increased all population growth on all races
- increased aggressiveness on all aggressive races
- increased caution on all cautious races
- replaced "speed" ship focus, with "power" focus.
- replaced "efficiency" ship focus, with "power" focus.
- all races except for mechanized and shakturi can be pirates
- increase to all races for ship maintenance savings

- insects are more most aggressive, followed by reptilian, humaniod, amphibian, ursidian then rodent.
- in reverse order above for the cautious trait.
- specific balancing to the above to suit individuality for each race to avoid red vs blue.

Version 0.3

updated for 1.5.0.1 patch

- Reset of all traits from previous superAI versions to vanilla.
- Adjustment of aggression and caution on all races, suited on a per species basis, insects are more aggressive etc..
- Slight increase on individual traits of each race - ie, Teekans mine more, etc
- Adjustment of intelligence on every race, to suit that race.
- Removal of "efficiency" ship design for the AI, changed it to balanced, found that efficiency ships are ****.
- "War Weariness Attenuation" increased, should lead to longer, less expensive wars.
- Construction is now every races second tech focus, this should lead to bigger ships
- reproduction increased to every race, should progress the game more quickly.
- friendliness decreased slightly on every race

Version 0.2

- moderately increased ship maintenance savings for all races
- adjusted races to focus on power and speed ship design only, the more aggressive the race = focus on power ships, else, speed.
- adjusted tech focus on all races - to none (testing to see what happens in this situation) / except mechaniod.
- increased caution on all races

Version 0.1

Changes from the vanilla of Return of the Shakturi:

- massive increase to aggression to all races
- massive increase to caution to all races
- minor increase to population satisfaction to all races
- minor increase to trade bonuses to all races
- slight decrease of friendliness to all races
- slight increase of loyalty to all races

< Message edited by alexalexuk -- 4/2/2011 6:38:15 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/21/2010 8:05:53 PM   
Igard

This is a good idea. This is going straight into my general improvements theme. Thank you alexalexuk. 

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 2
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/21/2010 8:39:41 PM   
alexalexuk

no problem - i also welcome feedback on how races should be adjusted to strengthen their individual traits.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 3
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/21/2010 8:40:20 PM   
alexalexuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

This is a good idea. This is going straight into my general improvements theme. Thank you alexalexuk. 

will you include my updates into your improvements theme? :)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/21/2010 9:22:15 PM   
Igard

When ever I start a new game with the theme, I'll come check if there's an update.

That's what I find so great about the theme system in DW. I can have lots of themes in my customization folder. Mostly I use My Star Trek themes, but now and then I'll start a new game with the vanilla races. For that I use an improvement theme with music, troop images etc...

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 5
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/21/2010 9:27:25 PM   
alexalexuk

Ok,

Im just playing my first game with this mod, and already there are 4 races with a higher military strength rating than me. Im at war with a very close companion, and its very comforting and unnerving when the AI has a fleet bigger than mine :)

version 0.2 should be out in a couple of days... :)

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 6
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/22/2010 10:58:57 PM   
alexalexuk

updated to version 0.2, please see the changelog :)

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 7
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/24/2010 12:58:56 AM   
Liquid5n0w

How's it working with the new patch, or does it override the changes in the patch to AI shipbuilding? About to try it now with the patch.

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 8
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/24/2010 10:33:30 AM   
alexalexuk

i haven't tried this out with the new patch - im going to be playing a quick game without this mod, seeing what the patch is like, then im going to adjust this mod accordingly :)

should be a new version out sometmie between xmas and new years :)

(in reply to Liquid5n0w)
Post #: 9
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/25/2010 8:16:48 PM   
Liquid5n0w

I'm mid way into a game now, and it seems like I am super insane rich, my taxes are all on low and I can't seem to spend my money. I am playing the trader rats, so that might be it, but the maintenance reduction might be too much. I didn't use this before the patch though, so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 10
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/25/2010 10:46:49 PM   
alexalexuk

yeah seems that maintenance reduction also has a positive effect on being mega rich, but the assumption is, so is the AI

It seems that the new patch does boost AI ship numbers by a considerable amount - im going to release a new version of the mod and change things around a bit to suit this new patch - as opposed to throwing "cash" at it.

(in reply to Liquid5n0w)
Post #: 11
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/25/2010 11:28:16 PM   
Shark7

OK, one thing I have noticed. I added 10 additional races to the game, most with INT, CAU and AGR over 105. As it sits, these empires are keeping pretty close to me in firepower terms...and way ahead of the default races. I think the caution combined with the AGR is really helping kick them up. This is also playing the beta patch.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 12
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/26/2010 3:52:05 AM   
Liquid5n0w

quote:

ORIGINAL: alexalexuk

yeah seems that maintenance reduction also has a positive effect on being mega rich, but the assumption is, so is the AI

It seems that the new patch does boost AI ship numbers by a considerable amount - im going to release a new version of the mod and change things around a bit to suit this new patch - as opposed to throwing "cash" at it.

Well, my issue is that I don't really have anything to spend the money on, except even more ships. If the only affect of less maintenance is that everyone has more ships, whats the point? Why not just normal maint and AI builds ships up to what they can sustain.

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 13
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/26/2010 4:10:22 PM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Liquid5n0w

quote:

Well, my issue is that I don't really have anything to spend the money on, except even more ships. If the only affect of less maintenance is that everyone has more ships, whats the point? Why not just normal maint and AI builds ships up to what they can sustain.

How about giving the AI a bonus to reduce ship maintainence costs in the background not including the racial bonus (IE all AI empires get an automatic 50% maintainence reduction).

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to Liquid5n0w)
Post #: 14
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/26/2010 10:56:21 PM   
alexalexuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

quote:

How about giving the AI a bonus to reduce ship maintainence costs in the background not including the racial bonus (IE all AI empires get an automatic 50% maintainence reduction).

but wouldn't you have to get the human to choose a race without said bonus?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 15
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/26/2010 10:56:59 PM   
alexalexuk

infact, sounds like an interesting idea, box the human player into one race, then modify AI's to be v strong....

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 16
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/27/2010 1:33:25 AM   
Shark7

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

quote:

quote:

but wouldn't you have to get the human to choose a race without said bonus?

No, its in the mechanics and would never apply to the human player. IE not a race bonus thing, but buried in the nuts and bolts of the code. It would be something Elliot would have to do.

Distant Worlds Fan

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 17
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/28/2010 8:11:08 PM   
Sithuk

Alex, any update on your playtesting your mod with the new beta patch (1.5.1)?

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 18
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/29/2010 5:24:38 PM   
alexalexuk

yes, and ive got a new update coming out in the next 24 hours :)

its a major change from the previous versions, but ive got a nice candidate here for the mod, and im just finetuning it

secondly, ill be releasing another variant to this, where you can ONLY play the humans with various adjustment to the traits, AND the AI / races will have advantages ....

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 19
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/30/2010 10:01:15 AM   
tofudog

Nice effort, but consider this:
As it stands now we don´t get our fingers on the real AI (codewise that is), so I think the mod title is a tad misleading.
Here is what I propose for an alternative:
Set up a game with AI races from the same family, and one that opposes yours to boot (to make them gang up on you). The "naturally aggressive" insects or lizards come to mind (lizards with haakonish bonus to finance the war effort). Add a headstart in whatever you like and voila - instant hard game.
No modifying at all involved.

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 20
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/30/2010 11:29:35 AM   
fabio80mi

This is not an ai mod.
Still a good tweaking in one of the few ares modders can tinker with =)

(in reply to tofudog)
Post #: 21
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/31/2010 12:05:06 PM   
alexalexuk

well yeah, im modifying the traits of races to be more aggressive, and boosting individual races traits to be more pronounced.

release coming in the next hour or so

(in reply to fabio80mi)
Post #: 22
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/31/2010 12:33:00 PM   
alexalexuk

0.3 release is out :)

Im now working on a new mod that, as discussed, the player can only choose to play one race, and the other AI races will have significant advantages over the human player, it will be a challenge!

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 23
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/31/2010 1:46:08 PM   
feygan

Just a quick question about this. The instal process states aggression should be set to maximum. Does this mean the entire galaxy endups with lots of wars happening very quickly? If so does it not then lead to weaker races being swiftly wiped out/conquered, leaving just a bunch of war mongerings and the player?

I ask as I like to play very long games where all races get at least a chance to make friends so they can stand up against the nearest galactic bully and meaning war isn't just about who gets a big ship first and drops it over to their neighbour.

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 24
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 12/31/2010 3:00:06 PM   
alexalexuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: feygan

Just a quick question about this. The instal process states aggression should be set to maximum. Does this mean the entire galaxy endups with lots of wars happening very quickly? If so does it not then lead to weaker races being swiftly wiped out/conquered, leaving just a bunch of war mongerings and the player?

I ask as I like to play very long games where all races get at least a chance to make friends so they can stand up against the nearest galactic bully and meaning war isn't just about who gets a big ship first and drops it over to their neighbour.

the short answer is no,

the more passive races have more caution attributed to them, and more intelligence,

eg the Zenox, have been modified to be super intelligent, more cautious, and slightly more aggressive, and they build balanced ships now, instead of "efficiency" ships.

The Insects are more aggressive, and they will war dec on people who are getting to close to them.

Other race types have been tweaked too,

It really depends who you play as, playing as a different race will have different outcomes on who will ally or hate you.

Give it a try, ive played on this version for around 12-14 hours in total three games, and im having a great time!

(in reply to feygan)
Post #: 25
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 1/20/2011 8:08:21 PM   
jalapen0

How is it with 1.05.2 beta?

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 26
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 1/22/2011 12:35:12 AM   
Rosseau

Wanted to let the OP know that he has fans out there! I am new to DW, but am going to try this now. For some unknown reason, I am playing DW, SotS, Armada and Sins concurrently. Guess which game is the best?

At least with DW, if you find you are in walk-over situation or completely outmatched, you can use the editor to possibly give life to the scenario. Nothing worse than spending hours and hours on a game and finding it's "over" due to a critical imbalance.

I will provide feedback if it's of value. Thanks again.

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 27
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 1/29/2011 10:52:17 AM   
alexalexuk

thanks!

i should have a new version out in a week or so with the new beta version - my boy was born on the 17th of December, and he's a very busy boy, and with work - hardly no time to play atm :)

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 28
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 1/29/2011 10:58:09 AM   
Data

may he be healty and energetic, alexalexuk
congratulations

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to alexalexuk)
Post #: 29
RE: ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.1 - 1/29/2011 4:16:47 PM   
hewwo

congrats alexalexuk !

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> ROTS: Super AI Mod - v0.5 - 2/4/2011 updated! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI