Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

infantrie dug in

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> infantrie dug in Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
infantrie dug in - 12/16/2000 3:05:00 AM   
Marder_MatrixForum

In the early version (1.0) the infantry was dug in the ground and not surrounded with sandsacks. In my opinion this looked more realistic, especially for small inf units (panzerschreck) Isn´t it possible that man can chose in a new version between sandsacks and the old ones?

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)
Post #: 1
- 12/16/2000 3:13:00 AM   
Warhorse

Well, I had lobbied for this, but I guess it was too much to put in, with everything else going on!! The icon you refer to is still in the icon mix, it would need to be placed in the space the sandbags do now. In my personal instaal, I have replaced the bags with an entrenchment icon, which I prefer. I had wanted the infantry to use the old dug in icon, and vehicles and guns would use the bags, but this is what we have, so... ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to Marder_MatrixForum)
Post #: 2
- 12/16/2000 3:13:00 AM   
ZDose

After reading this board for 3-4 months I finally bothered to register. I agree with Marder, infantry in trenches looked much better. And if possible, it would be nice to see longer trenches, i.e. so that infantry company that is side to side would be in one big.

Post #: 3
- 12/16/2000 4:28:00 AM   
bchapman

Mike, Could you tell us the #'s of the icons, both the old entrenched and newer sandbag, in case we would like to change them. Thanks, Bascom

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

Post #: 4
- 12/16/2000 4:33:00 AM   
Warhorse

Well, they don't have actual numbers, they are coded in, later tonite when I get home and check out the files, I'll let you know which one, sound good? ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 5
- 12/16/2000 5:59:00 AM   
bchapman

Mike, Sounds great. Don't stay up late on my account though. Just headed to work myself. I would like to thank you for all the work you've put in on this game. Bascom

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

Post #: 6
- 12/16/2000 7:52:00 AM   
Warhorse

Bascom, it's in file 0014, if you use shpedit, open the file, click 'view collage' and the bottom row are the sanbags, you would need to replace both those with the one on the next page on the bottom, the old entrenchment. If you've never worked with shpedit, it might be intimidating, but just back up a file, and experiment! After the Holidays, I may have the guys post some icon files I've done as far as entrenchments, don't want to add extra work for anyone at this time of year!! Take care. ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 7
- 12/16/2000 10:39:00 AM   
Flashfyre

quote:

And if possible, it would be nice to see longer trenches, i.e. so that infantry company that is side to side would be in one big.
Unfortunately, there is a terrain for trenches. You can make a whole network, in the map editor, of trenches. These work as defensive positions, like entrenchment(sandbags) hexes. So, to see a squad in little trenches in the hex, sitting in a Trench hex, would look screwy, I think. ------------------ The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@cvn.net[/email]

The Motor Pool http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550 [email]kmcferren@onemain.com[/email]

Post #: 8
- 12/16/2000 7:19:00 PM   
Marder_MatrixForum

yes you are right, but this isn´t possiple in campaigns or fast battles, where i can´t change maps (moreover it would be a lot of work) So my question: Couldn´t there be a coice possibility in future versions between sandsacks or just foxholes (from the version 1.0) This is as i´ve said in my opinion more realistic because in old documentations about the east war the infantry often where just dug-in in fox holes and didn´t have the time for surrounding them with so much sandbags.

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

Post #: 9
- 12/16/2000 10:18:00 PM   
Don Doom

WARHORSE: Would it be possible after the first of January, that a change be added to the map editor to include, trenches, minor to medium fortification, maybe some medival emplacements or forts/casles. I guess that's enough for now. Don

Doom
Vet of the Russian General Winter
For death is only the begining

Post #: 10
- 12/17/2000 12:08:00 AM   
Warhorse

Don, I'll look into it, depends on some other obligations, but... Unfortunately Nick Papp was the esteemed terrain artist, I only did the trees, gullies, and orchards, so althought the artwork itself presents no problem, the alignment process of the terrain is tricky, so I'll see what I can come up with ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 11
- 12/17/2000 3:14:00 AM   
bchapman

Thanks for the info, Mike. This will give me something to play around with on these rainy/icey/snowy days. Bascom

Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> infantrie dug in Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI