Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Comprehensive Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: Comprehensive Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 9/13/2010 4:28:02 PM   
Panama

quote:

ORIGINAL: polarenper

Don't know if this is in the wish list already, but here goes.

Terrain. I'd like to see a one hex lake tile, as well as differentiated low capacity and high capacity railroads. Possibly another road tile as well, to represent smaller country roads.

The railroads could have different movement costs to illustrate the waiting required when using lower capacity railroads for heavy traffic.

The way I see it smaller country roads = open terrain. Hard surfaced roads (aggregate or otherwise) = the unimproved roads you see in the game. All weather roads = the improved roads you see in the game.

One hex lake tile would be merely asthetic because shallow water already has lake qualities.

The railroads idea is sorely needed. In fact, heavy traffic should occaisionally destroy a low capacity rail over time unless a rail repair unit is parked there.

(in reply to samba_liten)
Post #: 1351
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 9/13/2010 10:04:05 PM   
Curtis Lemay

In the same vein, one thing I'd like to see is for mountains/alpine and major escarpments to have a MP cost even for road movement.

Even when moving through or over those by road, the road has to wind back and forth, accounting for more MP cost. So add +1MP when moving through a mountain/alpine hex by road, and +1MP when crossing a major escarpment by road (any type).

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 1352
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 9/14/2010 5:49:08 PM   
samba_liten

All of which would work nicely with the new supply rules!

About the smaller roads, i was thinking more about the 2.5 km/hex maps (one of which I've been working on for more than a year now with modest progress).
It would be nice to have them for forest roads etc.

< Message edited by polarenper -- 9/14/2010 5:52:19 PM >

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 1353
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 9/26/2010 8:14:35 PM   
sPzAbt653

Since 3.4 had pushed me into using the keyboard more than the mouse, I might suggest a few ideas for the hotkeys. With an air unit selected, maybe 'S' could put the selected unit on Combat Support, 'D' could put it on Interdiction, and 'R' could put it on Air Superiority.

'T' already puts a ground unit in Tactical Reserve, but hitting 'T' again for the same unit might put it in mobile status.

I notice that hitting 'T' with an air unit selected changes its status in the unit report box to Tactical Reserve, but not on the actual unit counter. Not sure what that means.

And using the mouse to click should override using the hotkeys with respect to where the cursor ends up.

Post #: 1354
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/18/2010 8:10:48 AM   
ColinWright

I was browsing the thread on recon helicopters.  I'm uninterested in life after 1945, but have a recurring need for recon that varies in different areas of the map.  It dawned on me that they would be great for this.

Then I read the line '2. Date has an effect. TOAW III will not allow recon helicopters to work before 1957.'

Why?  Surely designers should have the option to make use of the weapon for whatever purpose they see fit.  Like, I may not want Axis recon in my Mediterranean scenario to be especially good elsewhere -- but recon copters would be just the thing to allow them to see Commonwealth attempts to resupply Malta.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 1355
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 3:19:55 AM   
briantopp

Wish list addition: events (like "withdraw unit") that don't get scrambled when the oob is edited.

(in reply to ColinWright)
Post #: 1356
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 6:29:29 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: briantopp

Wish list addition: events (like "withdraw unit") that don't get scrambled when the oob is edited.

Probably hard to do. I tag everything with 'debug [text]' and then go back and fix the unit and formation references when I'm done with the OOB.

...It also helps to just leave formations and units that were once considered but abandoned in the OOB -- but undeployed. Then they can used for future additions without too much disruption.

What would help is a way to jump around the events list fast -- or at least to the beginning/end. Nothing like being on event 798 and realizing you need to check to see exactly what you did back on event 53.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 11/20/2010 6:32:56 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to briantopp)
Post #: 1357
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 1:35:55 PM   
Telumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColinWright

quote:

Probably hard to do. I tag everything with 'debug [text]' and then go back and fix the unit and formation references when I'm done with the OOB.

...It also helps to just leave formations and units that were once considered but abandoned in the OOB -- but undeployed. Then they can used for future additions without too much disruption.

What would help is a way to jump around the events list fast -- or at least to the beginning/end. Nothing like being on event 798 and realizing you need to check to see exactly what you did back on event 53.

Yes, tagging everything with debug helps.

I usually export the events to an xml file which can be watched easily with i.e. Notepad++. You can also search the exported event list for certain event types or debug messages.
quote:

What would help is a way to jump around the events list fast -- or at least to the beginning/end.

Indeed!

< Message edited by Telumar -- 11/20/2010 1:36:10 PM >

Post #: 1358
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 5:05:56 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

I was browsing the thread on recon helicopters.  I'm uninterested in life after 1945, but have a recurring need for recon that varies in different areas of the map.  It dawned on me that they would be great for this.

Then I read the line '2. Date has an effect. TOAW III will not allow recon helicopters to work before 1957.'

Why?  Surely designers should have the option to make use of the weapon for whatever purpose they see fit.  Like, I may not want Axis recon in my Mediterranean scenario to be especially good elsewhere -- but recon copters would be just the thing to allow them to see Commonwealth attempts to resupply Malta.

It's already on there: item 12.1.28.

Post #: 1359
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 5:07:04 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

This is already addressed for units (see item 14.22). But not yet for formations - item 14.22.1.

(in reply to briantopp)
Post #: 1360
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 5:08:11 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

See item 12.15.4.

Post #: 1361
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/20/2010 5:17:29 PM   
Panama

This is probably alot to ask but, could a new wishlist be made with the items implemented removed or put in their own area?

Post #: 1362
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 2:19:12 AM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Panama

This is probably alot to ask but, could a new wishlist be made with the items implemented removed or put in their own area?

Just delete the blue items.

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 1363
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 3:00:24 AM   
Panama

Sounds a bit like blue pill, red pill.

Fine.

Post #: 1364
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 6:41:19 AM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

It's already on there: item 12.1.28.

No doubt, but this one would not be hard to implement, and I can't see a down side.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 11/21/2010 6:42:52 AM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 1365
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 11:49:12 AM   
fogger

I recall reading somewhere that the Germans had a working helicopter ( two seater) very late in the war. Does anybody know if this is correct and can they throw some light on the subject?

Thought for the day:
If you feel like doing some work, sit down and wait....... The feeling does go away.

Post #: 1366
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 2:57:46 PM   
Panama

If you look at Camo Workshop's SPWW2 you can see them. Flettner Fl-282 and Fa223 Drache.

Here ya go. The Drache. http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?203142-Fa-223-Drache-helicopter-test-videos

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focke_Achgelis_Fa_223

Fl-282 Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flettner_Fl_282

< Message edited by Panama -- 11/21/2010 3:06:14 PM >

(in reply to fogger)
Post #: 1367
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 5:39:07 PM   
briantopp

How about a "torrential mud" event which turns every land hex on the map to "wet" -- better simulating WW1 Flanders in the fall and WW2 Russia in the fall/spring?

(in reply to Panama)
Post #: 1368
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 5:48:14 PM   
Panama

quote:

How about a "torrential mud" event which turns every land hex on the map to "wet" -- better simulating WW1 Flanders in the fall and WW2 Russia in the fall/spring?

I always wondered why this wasn't made possible.

Also the reverse, map hexes that were designed as muddy drying up. Also swamp/flooded swamp hexes with woods. Very common in the world.

I'm the type who wants all things that effect game play to be able to be scenario designer modified.

< Message edited by Panama -- 11/21/2010 5:49:44 PM >

(in reply to briantopp)
Post #: 1369
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 5:50:48 PM   
samba_liten

Or recon airplanes. Could just be generic equipment, e.g, Bi-plane recon, Piston engine recon, jet recon, unmanned recon. They could work as aircraft, so that they take casualties from enemy air units on air-superiority.(a recon mission would, i suppose, have to be added- it could work like interdiction, except instead of attacking moving units it would reveal any units in a hex if the success check is passed.) 

السلام عليكم

(in reply to briantopp)
Post #: 1370
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 6:11:13 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: polarenper

Or recon airplanes. Could just be generic equipment, e.g, Bi-plane recon, Piston engine recon, jet recon, unmanned recon. They could work as aircraft, so that they take casualties from enemy air units on air-superiority.(a recon mission would, i suppose, have to be added- it could work like interdiction, except instead of attacking moving units it would reveal any units in a hex if the success check is passed.) 

I'm just interested in a device for obtaining different recon levels in different parts of the map. Of course, the ability to create recon squadrons wouldn't hurt -- but the effect could be there for all kinds of reasons.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 1371
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 6:27:23 PM   
samba_liten

I am assuming that air units only have an effect within their range. Recent experience with GiO would seem to support this thesis, but I have no proof. If, however the thesis holds true, then recon squadrons would allow the player to discover what is going on only with the area covered by the planes, and only as long as the enemy does not devote sufficient fighter resources to shooting the recon planes down.

EDIT: Just to be clear, i'm not arguing against removing the limit for recon helicopters. As you say, it could be useful in many ways. I would simply like to have recon planes(too).

< Message edited by polarenper -- 11/21/2010 6:29:31 PM >

السلام عليكم

Post #: 1372
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/21/2010 10:06:50 PM   
Panama

Can't you make recon aircraft simply by checking the recon tick box in the equipment editor? I realize there would still be a problem with the date.

Post #: 1373
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/22/2010 8:56:22 AM   
Telumar

quote:

Seconded. And it would also help Anzio.

I'd like to add to the proposal that such an event could be combined with a percentage value. This could make a certain percentage of hexes muddy.

And if we are at rasputitsa and mud.. i would like to again promote the concept of "mechanical attrition". (it's already in the wishlist)

(in reply to briantopp)
Post #: 1374
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/22/2010 4:13:12 PM   
ColinWright

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telumar

quote:

Seconded. And it would also help Anzio.

I'd like to add to the proposal that such an event could be combined with a percentage value. This could make a certain percentage of hexes muddy.

And if we are at rasputitsa and mud.. i would like to again promote the concept of "mechanical attrition". (it's already in the wishlist)

It's worth noting that in a lot of cases, 'mud' does a lot more than just add one MP to the movement rate.

The extreme case, of course, is Iraq -- particularly World War One/Two Iraq. It floods; not merely no movement, but no staying put.

In an ideal world, we'd want the ability to ordain onslaughts of not merely mud, but also combinations of marsh and badlands, and even flooded marsh.

Then too, only in certain defined areas. Like non-arid, non-road, non-urban hexes.

Just mentioning it. Not saying the solution is there, ready to be coded.

I am not Charlie Hebdo

(in reply to Telumar)
Post #: 1375
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/22/2010 4:24:44 PM   
ColinWright

Then too, there's massive snowfall.

Like, I've been dealing with the Caucasus of late. These mountains (and plenty of others) don't just become snowy in winter -- they're impassable for eight months of the year. I'm having to block off an area with a border and make a house rule about it -- but surely this isn't the only case.

Lappland comes to mind, for example. I distinctly recall that attempts made there to engage in a spot of Christmas fighting came to a bad end. It proved militarily unfeasible to advance overland to Narvik in April 1940. Then too, the Turks pretty much managed to freeze a whole army to death by trying to campaign in Eastern Anatolia in the winter of 1914/15 (it's commonly described as happening in the Caucasus, but it was really just Anatolia -- well inside of modern Turkey).

There is, of course, the cease-fire event, but first off, this is global, and secondly, combat doesn't necessarily become totally impossible. Vide the Turks. They were able to give it a go. Similarly, the Germans continued to try to advance on Moscow through the Rasputitsa. They just found themselves advancing very slowly.

It's actually a pretty common effect. For example, the wet season and when it arrived pretty much dictated when one could campaign in Ethiopia in 1940-41. I was looking at some slides of the flooding in South Dakota. I'd say that in much -- if not most -- of the world there are periods where if there isn't a road, you're not going anywhere. It's just that since much of the fighting has occurred in one of the few well-roaded areas of the world, and since elsewhere these periods tend to bring a halt to the fighting among the sane, the phenomenon doesn't consume more than a paragraph or two in most histories.

The Russians and Germans both call a halt in the Spring of 1943. There's nothing to discuss. As a result, we lack devices to simulate what would happen if someone tried to carry on -- which does happen.

Given the Rasputitsa, the Caucasus proper, Iraq, and lesser onslaughts in such areas as Tunisia and Italy what would be good would be the ability to code the appearance and disappearance of effects both globally and for specific hexes ranging from ordinary mud, marsh, and snow as we know it through badland-like hexes to outright exclusion zones -- along with some appropriate tiles.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 11/22/2010 4:56:38 PM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 1376
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 11/22/2010 5:02:59 PM   
ColinWright

I suppose as something feasible to implement, it would be good if one could code the appearance and disappearance of specific badland-like hexes as dictated by the designer -- like exclusion zones, but not as perfectly exclusionary, and able to be brought into being as well as removed.

This -- broadly -- would convey the necessary effect. It wouldn't do justice to the Caucasus in winter, and might exaggerate what happens in Italy, but as an average, it's about right. Only non-mechanized units could move, and no supply could get through. As a result, any action would be confined to roads and the hexes adjacent to them.

< Message edited by ColinWright -- 11/22/2010 5:03:37 PM >

I am not Charlie Hebdo

Post #: 1377
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 1/1/2011 4:33:57 PM   
Curtis Lemay

Attached is a zip file containing the wishlist document that Jarek Flis and I have been developing for months. It was developed by collecting the wishes expressed here, there, and everywhere. We've tried to be comprehensive, but, in spite of the label, that is unattainable. We'll try to continue to maintain it as more issues are raised. Hopefully, this will reduce the repetitive posting of the same wishes over and over.

It's very important that everyone understand that this document is totally unofficial. Be sure to read and understand the disclaimer it contains and repeated here:

Disclaimer: This document contains only a collection of WISHES made by anyone and everyone, and is not a commitment by Matrix Games or anyone else to implement anything contained herein.

January 1, 2011: Version 11 posted.

January 1, 2012: Version 12 posted at the end of this thread (post #1748, page 59).

Note: I'm not able to delete the version 10 document attached to post #1 of this thread or the version 11 document posted in this post. Just ignore them till I can get it fixed. The version in this post is no longer the latest version.

Note that items in red are new. Items in blue have been implemented.

Note: Those of you that don't have Word can still download a free Word viewer here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=95E24C87-8732-48D5-8689-AB826E7B8FDF&displaylang=en

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 1/1/2012 4:09:54 PM >

Post #: 1378
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 1/9/2011 9:34:51 AM   
Martin_Goliath

Thanks, Bob for the updated wishlist. I usually skim through each new update of the list, but this time I thought I should try to single out a few items from the list that I find would be interesting to pursue. They fall, somewhat arbitarily, into three groups.

Extended and enhanced gameplay

1.13 multiside
1.14 multiplay
These items would bring new and interesting possibilities to TOAW

1.15 units in multiple-round combats placed in 'engaged' mode
I do not know it that was the origial intention behind this item, but I would like to see a way to weaken the effect of "turn-burning" engagements. Although this is put to good use in some scenarios, forcing the commander of low-proficiency units to adapt, I still find it hard to accept that a single engagement may paralyze the entire force for the rest of the turn. An alternative where the unit's formation has its MPs zeroed for the remainder of the turn might be worth considering.

Extending the scope
I am the first to admit that TOAW already has been brought outside the original intended scope. Nevertheless, one of the main reasons that TOAW appeals to me is the flexibility and ability to model almost any military conflict. If designers are willing to take the risk, I see no reason not to stretch a bit further...

1.3-1.4 extended setting of hex size & turn interval

4.10 OOB hierarchy

9.12 submarines
Perhaps not highest on my list, but would add to the naval component. Could maybe be modeled like air interdiction, attacking transports and naval vessels within range, itself subject to ASW capabilities present.

11 Pre-20 century
Judging from available scenarios, there is an interest for using TOAW further back in the past.

(12.17.2 Sphere)
Well, we had a thread on this a few years ago... Wouldn't it be cool playing TOAW with a GoogleEarth-like interface? (or maybe not...)

"Power to the scenario designers!"
Although no designer myself, the mere possibility to design almost any scenario is a main reason for me to place TOAW as the #1 wargame. I would like to see as many parameters as possible tunable by intrepid scenario designers (although many of those parameters probably would be detrimental to tamper with in most cases)

1.5 free setting of hex size & turn interval

1.6 turn interval changed by event
Would for instance enable speed-up of the Sitzkrieg

2.26 terrain parameters modifiable by designer
Would enable designers to define new terrain types they need

12.1 Parameter expansion
(see title of this group of items)

12.2-12.5, 12.13, 12.25 Additional...

12.21 Old scenarios loadable
Although ACOW-owners in the community are wonderful when it comes to converting old scenarios, it would be great to have direct access in TOAW III to all those older scenarios out there. Admittedly, they need tweaking to play well with TOAW III, but I would hate to see all those efforts slip into the digital abyss. I think Ralph once mentioned that the backwards compatibility was broken at some stage when going from ACOW to TOAW III.

Some suggestions I would like to add:

(1) Detailed game engine documentation
It would probably be useful both for designers and players to have a detailed reference to the gory details of the TOAW engine. As an aside, I have found some interesting material on combat simulation models used professionally, which would be interesting to compare with TOAW. My impression is that TOAW stands up well, at least when comparing to what was around in the 90's.

(2) "Smallest undivisible unit" setting
To make the section '..' workaround unneccessary.

(3) "int -> float"
...which would be a programmer's way to suggest going from using integer-valued parameters (like 1 or 2) to real-valued (like 1.62). This might not sound very cool, but I think it would benefit the game engine to take this step. Some wishes that would benefit from this are:
3.20 more precision in AP, AT (etc) values
6.1 movement allowances scaled correctly
6.7 motorized bonus on road
I realize this would be a major rewrite of exisiting code, but if a future TOAW 4 is built from scratch it might be good to have this in mind from the outset. In the past, I guess integers were preferred in order to save memory and computational speed, but with the current capabilities sitting on desktops that should no longer be a big issue. Watch out though for a false sense of precision that simply cannot be achieved in the modeling: a 32.4 km hex grid with 21.1-day turns, units moving 15.23 hexes per turn, forests having a movement cost of 2.45 and infantry defensive factor 3.28

Regards
Martin

Post #: 1379
RE: Comprehensive Wishlist - 1/9/2011 5:02:37 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarGol

Extended and enhanced gameplay

1.13 multiside
1.14 multiplay
These items would bring new and interesting possibilities to TOAW

1.15 units in multiple-round combats placed in 'engaged' mode
I do not know it that was the origial intention behind this item, but I would like to see a way to weaken the effect of "turn-burning" engagements. Although this is put to good use in some scenarios, forcing the commander of low-proficiency units to adapt, I still find it hard to accept that a single engagement may paralyze the entire force for the rest of the turn. An alternative where the unit's formation has its MPs zeroed for the remainder of the turn might be worth considering.

Extending the scope
I am the first to admit that TOAW already has been brought outside the original intended scope. Nevertheless, one of the main reasons that TOAW appeals to me is the flexibility and ability to model almost any military conflict. If designers are willing to take the risk, I see no reason not to stretch a bit further...

1.3-1.4 extended setting of hex size & turn interval

4.10 OOB hierarchy

9.12 submarines
Perhaps not highest on my list, but would add to the naval component. Could maybe be modeled like air interdiction, attacking transports and naval vessels within range, itself subject to ASW capabilities present.

11 Pre-20 century
Judging from available scenarios, there is an interest for using TOAW further back in the past.

(12.17.2 Sphere)
Well, we had a thread on this a few years ago... Wouldn't it be cool playing TOAW with a GoogleEarth-like interface? (or maybe not...)

"Power to the scenario designers!"
Although no designer myself, the mere possibility to design almost any scenario is a main reason for me to place TOAW as the #1 wargame. I would like to see as many parameters as possible tunable by intrepid scenario designers (although many of those parameters probably would be detrimental to tamper with in most cases)

1.6 turn interval changed by event
Would for instance enable speed-up of the Sitzkrieg

Would enable designers to define new terrain types they need

12.1 Parameter expansion

12.2-12.5, 12.13, 12.25 Additional...

12.21 Old scenarios loadable
Although ACOW-owners in the community are wonderful when it comes to converting old scenarios, it would be great to have direct access in TOAW III to all those older scenarios out there. Admittedly, they need tweaking to play well with TOAW III, but I would hate to see all those efforts slip into the digital abyss. I think Ralph once mentioned that the backwards compatibility was broken at some stage when going from ACOW to TOAW III.

A very good list - although I still see the Sphere as impractical if not impossible.

Note that 12.25 is implemented already - in 3.4.

quote:

Some suggestions I would like to add:

(1) Detailed game engine documentation
It would probably be useful both for designers and players to have a detailed reference to the gory details of the TOAW engine. As an aside, I have found some interesting material on combat simulation models used professionally, which would be interesting to compare with TOAW. My impression is that TOAW stands up well, at least when comparing to what was around in the 90's.

While desirable, I doubt there's anyone who has that info. And trying to discern TOAW's operation via poking around in the code is a fool's errand. It would have to be determined via rigorous testing.

Also, note that the Wishlist is just for code issues. Somebody once posted a list of scenarios he wanted designed. That's fine, but not for this document. I don't even include equipment suggestions anymore, since one can do that oneself. Same for graphics wishes. So, sorry, no documentation requests for the list - regardless of their merit. Gotta stay on topic.

quote:

(2) "Smallest undivisible unit" setting
To make the section '..' workaround unneccessary.

Good idea.

quote:

(3) "int -> float"
...which would be a programmer's way to suggest going from using integer-valued parameters (like 1 or 2) to real-valued (like 1.62). This might not sound very cool, but I think it would benefit the game engine to take this step. Some wishes that would benefit from this are:
3.20 more precision in AP, AT (etc) values
6.1 movement allowances scaled correctly
6.7 motorized bonus on road
I realize this would be a major rewrite of exisiting code, but if a future TOAW 4 is built from scratch it might be good to have this in mind from the outset. In the past, I guess integers were preferred in order to save memory and computational speed, but with the current capabilities sitting on desktops that should no longer be a big issue. Watch out though for a false sense of precision that simply cannot be achieved in the modeling: a 32.4 km hex grid with 21.1-day turns, units moving 15.23 hexes per turn, forests having a movement cost of 2.45 and infantry defensive factor 3.28

I suggested this over and over to Norm practically right from the start.

< Message edited by Curtis Lemay -- 1/9/2011 5:14:48 PM >

(in reply to Martin_Goliath)
Post #: 1380
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> RE: Comprehensive Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI