Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sealion questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Sealion questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sealion questions - 1/12/2011 1:49:10 AM   
RocketMan

1) What effect do the British Radar sites have in the game if any?

2) What do the numbers in the sea hexes mean during the German turn?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Sealion questions - 1/12/2011 8:43:48 AM   
cillmhor

I think the numbers in the sea are related to supply levels? As if you snag a port such as Dover or Ramsgate near to Calais, you get higher numbers, which steadily climb, due to the supply chain being establised perhaps? Where as, if memory serves me correctly from my stab at Sealion, if you pitch your invasion force onto the shores in some of the more distant locations from the French Channel ports, and perhaps Calais in particular, the supply numbers tend to be lower. And as the British interdiction levels rise, you get progressively less troops across in a landing, and the same goes the further your troops have to travel across the Channel, so landings in Southend incur more casualties at any time in the game. Do increased interdiction levels lessen the supply crossing the Channel later in the scenario, I cant remember, but I would suspect this to be the case also.

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 2
RE: Sealion questions - 1/12/2011 12:13:55 PM   
Barthheart

1. Those are not radar sites. That symbol means cliffs. More damage to German units landing there if defended.

2. The numbers are supply points LOST due to the British interdiction. In your picture 17 or 18 points per hex of sea crossing. So you want to capture a port as close as possible to France to shorten the supply path and thus the supply lost. As British interdiction goes up these numbers will go up. They also go up as you have more troops in England because more supply is travelling across the water.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to cillmhor)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Sealion questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI