Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

question about campaign play relating to reinforcement

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> question about campaign play relating to reinforcement Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/24/2011 7:47:46 PM   
Insano

Hi thinking about purchasing this game but one question I haven't been able to figure out by looking at AAR's etc. so far:

Is there a kind of production or reinforcement aspect of the game to link the battles together? I see that Polish forces who escape can come back in France and the action cards look fun. However what if you lose an excessive number of panzers attacking Poland (as an example) will this hamper you in Belgium or from the other side provide an incentive for fighting hard in Poland? How important is it to minimize your losses on any given 'map' for lack of more knowledge about this promising game. Thanks in advance for any explanation from current players.
Post #: 1
RE: question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/24/2011 11:45:20 PM   
RocketMan

There is a loss threshold for the Germans in each scenario which, if exceeded, will effect them in the next scenario. I don't know what the exact effect is though.

(in reply to Insano)
Post #: 2
RE: question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/25/2011 4:20:20 PM   
helgi

quote:

ORIGINAL: RocketMan

There is a loss threshold for the Germans in each scenario which, if exceeded, will effect them in the next scenario. I don't know what the exact effect is though.

And, if I'm not mistaken, in addition to that the Poles can evacuate troops before the fall of Poland, making them available for the defense of France. Believe there's something similar with the British forces in France, they can be evacuated to reduce losses in France, making more troops available for Sealion.

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 3
RE: question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/25/2011 7:29:49 PM   
RocketMan

quote:

ORIGINAL: helgi
And, if I'm not mistaken, in addition to that the Poles can evacuate troops before the fall of Poland, making them available for the defense of France. Believe there's something similar with the British forces in France, they can be evacuated to reduce losses in France, making more troops available for Sealion.

Troops are automatically evacuated at the end of the scenario if an evac route is open. You can't withdraw them mid scenario.

(in reply to helgi)
Post #: 4
RE: question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/26/2011 1:23:36 AM   
Chocolino

Within a scenario, there is no production or reinforcement. (Probably a good decision given the few days each scenario covers).

When playing the campaign, in between scenarios your units (for the German) fully recover automatically - unless you were above the loss threshold in the previous scenario.

When playing the Allies, you can get more units inlater scenarios with the evacuations (as described well by the others above).

< Message edited by Chocolino -- 1/26/2011 1:25:59 AM >

(in reply to RocketMan)
Post #: 5
RE: question about campaign play relating to reinforcement - 1/26/2011 6:07:37 PM   
schwaryfalke

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chocolino

Within a scenario, there is no production or reinforcement. (Probably a good decision given the few days each scenario covers).

you can not reinforce existing units,but often you can play a card (spending pps) to get additional divisions.

(in reply to Chocolino)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> question about campaign play relating to reinforcement Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI