Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Available! - 1/28/2011 10:12:32 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

Hello all,

We have a new update for you to look over. It includes a number of changes to planet distribution and colonies, plus bug fixes and other changes. We plan on making this official next week, but thought we would give our Members a look. It can be found in the Members Club, under Registered downloads. You will need to have registered your game to download it. Remember this is a beta, and any feedback is appreciated.

v1.5.0.4 Beta – January 28, 2011

• Balance and Gameplay

• Further refined number of colonizable planets and moons in galaxies based on Colony Prevalence setting in game startup. By default, there are now less colonies available in galaxies, slowing expansion a bit
    • Ancient Guardians no longer take ownership of lost colonies
    • limit resources (cargo) at new colonies to small amount of Caslon and Hydrogen fuel
    • fixed problem where AI empires sometimes not researching construction tech enough to build larger ships
    • fixed exploit where you could right-click on an unexplored system and get “Colonize” command in right-click pop-up menu

• Bug fixes

• fixed bug where fleets sometimes move to top-left corner of galaxy when assign queued missions
    • fixed rare crash when colonize planet
    • fixed crash when edit planet with ruins for super weapons tech bonus
    • fixed bug where can obtain multiple bonuses from destroying pirate bases
    • fixed issue with incomplete message when offering info on story location
    • fixed rare crash in Empire Navigation Tool when viewing enemy targets

• Others

• Allow scrapping of privately-owned bases in the Ships and Bases screen
    • Altered colony rebellions so that do not begin during invasions. Also ensure that colony will join empire of invaders if present instead of becoming independent or joining another empire

v1.5.0.3 Beta – January 17, 2011

• Colonization and Balance

• balance of colonizable planets - now more colonizable high-quality ice and volcanic planets (with appropriate tech)
    • more independent colonies than previously
    • greatly increased capacity of passenger transport components
    • increased number of passenger ships and freighters
    • improved how passenger ships respond to migration needs

• Bug fixes

• fixed rare crash at colonies when population drops due to invasion
    • removed duplicated components in 'Latest Components' list in Design screen
    • fixed crash when remove planets in game editor
    • fixed crash when switch themes (to a theme with less ship-sets than the previous one)
    • fixed bug in Start New Game screen when start game after switching back from theme with races not in current theme (if missing races set in Other Empires grid)
    • fixed bug where AI fleet formation would often disband and reform fleets

• Other

• in nebula clouds movement speed is now 75% of normal (from 50%)
    • automated fleets now do not auto-respond to attacks if more than a sector away and another fleet is closer
    • space creatures are now shown in mini-map as dark red diagonal crosses
    • can now have more starting empires (Start New Game screen) when have more than 20 races for galaxies with 700 stars or more
    • now always reset research slider to "Starting" in Edit Empire screen of game editor
    • special super-weapon techs set for a race in races.txt file now apply for the race at game start

< Message edited by Andrew Loveridge -- 1/28/2011 10:13:10 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/28/2011 11:24:11 PM   
jalapen0

Sweet, you fixed my reported bug :)

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/28/2011 11:51:34 PM   
Larsenex

This is VERY Nice thank you Andrew!

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 3
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/28/2011 11:52:19 PM   
Caesar_Augustus

Goodness gracious me! 1.5.0.3 has already been surpassed: 1.5.0.4!!!

Other: [special super-weapon techs set for a race in races.txt file now apply for the race at game start]

"The Imperial Senate will no longer be of any concern... The last remnants of the Old Republic have been swept away... Regional governors will now have direct control over their territories... Fear will keep the local systems in line... fear of this battlestation" ("fully armed and operational battlestation", now with the Super Laser tech at game start, that is, hehe )

< Message edited by Caesar_Augustus -- 1/28/2011 11:53:41 PM >

(in reply to jalapen0)
Post #: 4
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 12:26:50 AM   
unclean

Good changes all around, thanks.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

• limit resources (cargo) at new colonies to small amount of Caslon and Hydrogen fuel

This one in particular is huge, resources will definitely be more scarce in the early game. Good stuff.

quote:

• fixed bug where fleets sometimes move to top-left corner of galaxy when assign queued missions

That was a bug? I figured there were blackhole sirens up there or something.

Post #: 5
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 4:05:48 AM   
Igard

I'm so glad you've fixed some of the bugs related to using mods.

quote:

can now have more starting empires (Start New Game screen) when have more than 20 races for galaxies with 700 stars or more

EDIT: OK, it's only 21 other empires, but that's still ALOT. Thanks Matrix and Codeforce.

< Message edited by Igard -- 1/29/2011 7:29:00 AM >

(in reply to unclean)
Post #: 6
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 6:07:06 AM   
J HG T

quote:

ORIGINAL: unclean

quote:

That was a bug? I figured there were blackhole sirens up there or something.

Hahhah! This happened to me also couple of times. Quite funny but super annoying when you accidently warp your main fleet to other side of the galaxy. Worked as an exploit too if you knew what you were doing.

Great fixes again.

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

(in reply to unclean)
Post #: 7
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 7:14:10 AM   
kenata

Ok, so I loaded up my first game which lasted about an hour. I won with 33% of the colonies (around 14 in all) in the galaxy in the first 5 years. The AI apparently did not like expanding at all, as my closest neighbor only had 2. I was playing with fairly standard settings, 11 opponents, 700 systems, restless AI, normal monster/pirates nearby. The only things I really changed were slower research, and a economy victory at 50%.

< Message edited by kenata -- 1/29/2011 7:16:28 AM >

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 8
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 8:35:08 AM   
Data

that's the way to wake up in a weekend morning, no further planning required....Data inserted in the new patch

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to kenata)
Post #: 9
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 9:02:13 AM   
Howard Mitchell

Thank you folks. Another weekend, another DW game...

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 10
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 11:41:06 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard

I'm so glad you've fixed some of the bugs related to using mods.

quote:

can now have more starting empires (Start New Game screen) when have more than 20 races for galaxies with 700 stars or more

EDIT: OK, it's only 21 other empires, but that's still ALOT. Thanks Matrix and Codeforce.

It's good to see Igard is still out there hanging on post #999

I see an anomaly on the screen....it COULD be a cloaked Romulan vessel!
I'm hoping he still has to de-cloak before he fires!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 11
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 12:17:51 PM   
WoodMan

Thanks once again codeforce/matrix, good job! 

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 12
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 4:16:03 PM   
hewwo

Haven't played in a while, but will start up a game with this patch and report back any issues! Anyway, changelog looks good.

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 13
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 4:30:43 PM   
Data

it always does, I bet if Elliot provides a patch with only one change there will still be a bunch of us jumping up with joy

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to hewwo)
Post #: 14
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/29/2011 9:37:08 PM   
Griz

quote:

fixed bug where fleets sometimes move to top-left corner of galaxy when assign queued missions

I'm still getting this. I also had one move to the top-right corner.

Post #: 15
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/30/2011 6:26:56 AM   
tjhkkr

ORIGINAL: Igard

I'm so glad you've fixed some of the bugs related to using mods. can now have more starting empires (Start New Game screen) when have more than 20 races for galaxies with 700 stars or more EDIT: OK, it's only 21 other empires, but that's still ALOT. Thanks Matrix and Codeforce.

It's good to see Igard is still out there hanging on post #999

I see an anomaly on the screen....it COULD be a cloaked Romulan vessel!
I'm hoping he still has to de-cloak before he fires!

I think Igard is under orders for detached contact.
Or the Romulans have finally enter peace negotiations with the Federation. You know what a warm and friendly people the Romulan are.

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 1/30/2011 6:30:09 AM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Griz)
Post #: 16
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 1:06:57 AM   
author

Guys,

please, where is my "must set invasion tactics" ship design bug-fix?

I'm waiting that bug to be fixed nearly one year.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 17
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 2:46:29 PM   
Shark7

1.5.0.4 Comments:

Population/Migration:

This issue is much better now, after 4 hours of playing, my first planet to be colonized is sitting at around 800m population, much of which migrated in from an independent colony I took over. So it looks like this has gone a long way to help the single colony empire kill situation.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to author)
Post #: 18
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 5:05:55 PM   
Data

nice to have confirmation on this, looks like another big one was addressed

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 19
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 8:21:42 PM   
tornnight

This version seems to be much slower than the rest. Only a few years in and my game has slowed to a crawl at 1x.

I think I notice a lot more activity from the private sector and maybe this is slowing things down. Something changed.

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 20
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 8:47:51 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: tornnight

This version seems to be much slower than the rest. Only a few years in and my game has slowed to a crawl at 1x.

I think I notice a lot more activity from the private sector and maybe this is slowing things down. Something changed.

More private ships for sure.I have noticed performance slowing.

(in reply to tornnight)
Post #: 21
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 10:47:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

The private sector builds more ships now to increase migration and the decrease in starting colony resources also results in more active trade routes. If you are playing in the largest galaxies, this could be quite noticeable. I think it's worth the trade-off in terms of game balance for now as we will continue to optimize performance in the future. Keep in mind that you can turn off the display of various ship types in the advanced settings as well to help speed up performance.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 22
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 11:00:34 PM   
Data

interesting, we have another thread where we weigh the gameplay versus 2d/3d and gameplay always wins
now how about gameplay versus performance? i would still go for the gameplay bonuses

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 23
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 11:25:23 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

The private sector builds more ships now to increase migration and the decrease in starting colony resources also results in more active trade routes. If you are playing in the largest galaxies, this could be quite noticeable. I think it's worth the trade-off in terms of game balance for now as we will continue to optimize performance in the future. Keep in mind that you can turn off the display of various ship types in the advanced settings as well to help speed up performance.

Regards,

- Erik

It would be good to have a zoom range option for the display.I would like to zoom in more without the non military ships showing up.

Post #: 24
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 1/31/2011 11:47:00 PM   
WoodMan

quote:

It would be good to have a zoom range option for the display.I would like to zoom in more without the non military ships showing up.

Good point.

Also, while we are on zoom, I know this is a rather minor request but can we get some kind of config file or option to set the zooms that the buttons do.  I would like the Sector view to be zoomed in one notch more than it is and the Home zoom to be zoomed out one more notch than it is.  Heh, that sounds so fussy I know, but I have reasons for both:

Sector view: Galaxy background appears oddly pixelated at this zoom (its only minor), zooming in or out by 1 fixes it
Home view: Big ships less likely to blurry zoomed out by 1, and also I feel its just right to see that slightly bit more in a battle/around a busy port like your homeworld

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 25
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 2/1/2011 1:36:42 AM   
tornnight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Regards,

- Erik

I do have civilian ships turned off in galaxy view. We need an option to turn it off in zoomed in views as suggested.

Post #: 26
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 2/1/2011 2:04:38 AM   
tornnight

I think another effect of the increased private sector is that fuel is now in short supply. At least I've never encountered it on this scale before.

EDIT: Maybe it was just my situation. After building up a few more bases, things seemed to get better. Not sure though.

< Message edited by tornnight -- 2/1/2011 3:51:11 AM >

(in reply to tornnight)
Post #: 27
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 2/1/2011 2:45:35 AM   
Raap

Kind of odd, but seem to be crashing pretty often with this patch. That is, it's a strange kind of crash; windows says the application has stopped responding, but the game just continues running perfectly and even allows me to save/load. In this particular case I saved right after the 'crash', but I get a new one as soon as I load.

(in reply to tornnight)
Post #: 28
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 2/1/2011 5:20:31 AM   
Shark7

One other thing I have noticed is that the AI empires don't seem very aggressive at all in building starports. Since starports are a very large portion of an empires additional income, this is a weakness when compared to a player.

The AI may need to be weighted more to building starports for its economy than it currently is.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Raap)
Post #: 29
RE: New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Ava... - 2/1/2011 6:53:31 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shark7

One other thing I have noticed is that the AI empires don't seem very aggressive at all in building starports. Since starports are a very large portion of an empires additional income, this is a weakness when compared to a player.

The AI may need to be weighted more to building starports for its economy than it currently is.

I noticed this too.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> New! Return of the Shakturi 1.5.0.4 Public Beta Available! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI