Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: how to treat a lady

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/29/2011 3:32:26 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

For those Trekkies in the audience-'going to Uranus to fight the Klingons' is a suitable missive.

never heard that one. Did you jut make that up?

Dude...that's as old an old-school Trekkie joke as there is. Not that I'm a Trekkie or anything...

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 3721
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 4:10:23 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moondawggie

If this poor soul didn't make it with the au pair then his problem isn't depression, he likely has a global cognitive impairment. Don't au pairs pretty much expect someone to come on to them?

....Well, that's what I heard.

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 3722
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 4:12:50 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Oh wait...I just saw it was his "childhood au pair". I suppose that is different but if he was over 13 at the time I still think he may be a retard.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 3723
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 4:25:03 PM   
Moondawggie

quote:

ORIGINAL: BrucePowers

Hey I'm just glad my orthopedic surgeon removed the 3/8 inch long piece of wood from my finger that has been there since the yard work incident on December 31.

Got that covered too:

Attachment (1)

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3724
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 4:30:12 PM   
Moondawggie

quote:

Hey I'm just glad my orthopedic surgeon removed the 3/8 inch long piece of wood from my finger that has been there since the yard work incident on December 31.

To be fair, I've got to include my own specialty...

Attachment (1)

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

(in reply to BrucePowers)
Post #: 3725
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 8:11:10 PM   
BrucePowers

quote:

quote:

Got that covered too:

You're not going to get me to bad mouth my orthopedic surgeon. He's a nice guy and he knows what he's doing. On top of that he used plenty of local anesthesia so that I only felt pressure no pain when he was using the forceps.

Post #: 3726
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 10:04:07 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

quote:

Got that covered too:

Applying the age old wisdom : "Brute force, if it's not working, you're not using enough"

Post #: 3727
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 10:07:20 PM   
Chickenboy

Hey-it's still being taught.

For bovine dystocias, we have the 'two strong guys and a chain' principle for extricating the calf. Failing the presence of two strong guys, some substitute a front end loader or Deere tractor / cultivator, if available. This practice is more-how shall we say-prone to error.

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3728
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 10:13:40 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Hey-it's still being taught.

For bovine dystocias, we have the 'two strong guys and a chain' principle for extricating the calf. Failing the presence of two strong guys, some substitute a front end loader or Deere tractor / cultivator, if available. This practice is more-how shall we say-prone to error.

Well, I suppose you could just tickle the creature.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3729
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 11:29:22 PM   
moore4807

Big dumb guy recognized first big word - bovine - not a clue about the second word, BUT since fit hitting the shan is quickly dismissed as the cause, that leaves animal husbandry as solution, which means from prior experience - big dumb guy did it, but whatever went wrong is his fault AND must be fixed pronto!!!

AM I CLOSE?

Post #: 3730
RE: Bernard Law - 1/29/2011 11:32:03 PM   
stuman

This has to be the most eclectic AAR ever

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Post #: 3731
RE: Bernard Law - 1/30/2011 3:01:34 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

Big dumb guy recognized first big word - bovine - not a clue about the second word, BUT since fit hitting the shan is quickly dismissed as the cause, that leaves animal husbandry as solution, which means from prior experience - big dumb guy did it, but whatever went wrong is his fault AND must be fixed pronto!!!

AM I CLOSE?

There was an email going around my work recently with amusing answers given on GED exams. One of the mas something like:

Q: What is artificial insemination?
A: When the farmer does it to the cow instead of the bull.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 3732
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 3:50:25 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Sign in today IJZOQU which is Swahili for "that damned Britisher brigade have left so let's go down to the coffee auction house and tear down that really annoying bust of chubby boy Churchill or something"

************July 14, 1942**************

50 some odd Zeroes swept over Suva today and encountered a roughly equal number of P-39's and Marine F4F's. Perhaps owing to assigned altitudes, the F4F's took the brunt of the fight. 10 F4F's were lost to 8 Zeroes.

A B-17 raid of 23 aircraft over Noumea caught the Japs sleeping with no CAP. 5 PBY's were destroyed on the ground, probably at Nadi.

The big news is the nest of wee Jap dobbers at Suva finally ceased to exist. 2 USMC regiments, a Marine Def Bn., 3 Bn of Arty and one of AA guns will move to Nadi to begin the destruction of the Ronsons.

The B-17's will attack Tanna today.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3733
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 4:05:07 PM   
Cap Mandrake

OK...who changed the title to "how to treat a lady"?

Smart ass.

Speaking of treating people nicely, I went to the funeral of a colleague yesterday. Big crowd and the speakers were fantastic although the ceremony was at a Masonic temple and I thought they were going to sacrifice a goat or something.

In any event the man was genuinely loved by everyone there. It got me to thinking. I am going to try to be nicer. I hereby resolve not to say "Little Yellow Bastards" anymore.

Post #: 3734
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 4:50:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

We interviewed this lawyer for a by-laws rewrite and the guys wanted $540 an hour Santa Maria! That is worse than Saul the gardener.

Even his "para-legals" bill $180 an hour. That seems high as well but I guess there is an extra charge for jumping out of the C-47 or something.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3735
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 5:10:25 PM   
stuman

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

We interviewed this lawyer for a by-laws rewrite and the guys wanted $540 an hour Santa Maria! That is worse than Saul the gardener.

Even his "para-legals" bill $180 an hour. That seems high as well but I guess there is an extra charge for jumping out of the C-47 or something.

540 an hour ? Geez.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

Post #: 3736
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 6:02:49 PM   
witpqs

The PBY's were ops losses, Cap. BTW, what about the WJD's in the jungle NW of Suva? Have they turned in their rice bowls yet?

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 3737
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 8:43:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

The PBY's were ops losses, Cap. BTW, what about the WJD's in the jungle NW of Suva? Have they turned in their rice bowls yet?

There appear to be NO WJD's on the "North Shore" of Fiji, just 8 "guns". Apparently, before the last WJD of this particular Naval Guard unit perished they gave some Emperor Brand Koolaide to the weapons and now THEY refuse to surrender. Best intel is we have one Type 92, two Type 11's and five "knee mortars"* held up in a cave complex. We lost two Stuarts trying to flush them out a few days ago so the current thinking is just to seal up the cave with lava rocks. Anything we have left over we can use for landscaping at SouPac Air HQ. The armored bn. will move to Nadi which also has plenty of guns but also has WJD's to move them around and such so they are more dangerous.

* These are said to be particularly ill-tempered owing to the silly (and mildly disrepectful) name given them by Allied soldiers. They were already somewhat touchy over their "size".

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 1/30/2011 8:46:08 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3738
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 9:22:54 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Sign in today IJZOQU which is Swahili for "that damned Britisher brigade have left so let's go down to the coffee auction house and tear down that really annoying bust of chubby boy Churchill or something"

What an organized and concise language those Swahilians have. The pronunciation may be a tad problematic,though.

Post #: 3739
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 9:24:21 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

Either the guy is really, really....I mean REALLY good.....or he's just a greedy douche taking advantage of people in a tough economic climate.

Post #: 3740
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 10:02:43 PM   
Mynok

Well I know where the smart money lies on that one. I mean...he's a lawyer. It's obvious.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 3741
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 10:03:54 PM   
Mynok

quote:

It's not the jumping. It's the support bras that cost so much.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

Post #: 3742
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 10:05:38 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Either the guy is really, really....I mean REALLY good.....or he's just a greedy douche taking advantage of people in a tough economic climate.

"OR"? Why not "AND"?

One of my favorite quotes: "I either want to see less corruption in the world or have a greater opportunity to participate in it."

Post #: 3743
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 10:13:11 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

It's not the jumping. It's the support bras that cost so much.

And in a pinch can be used as either a parachute or a flotation device.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 3744
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/30/2011 10:15:08 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

"OR"? Why not "AND"?

One of my favorite quotes: "I either want to see less corruption in the world or have a greater opportunity to participate in it."

Probably because I dont believe that anyone is worth that kind of money. You can certainly be good at something. But it strikes me as perverse that someone can earn in a day what it takes someone else to earn in a month.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3745
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/31/2011 2:16:56 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"OR"? Why not "AND"?

Probably because I dont believe that anyone is worth that kind of money. You can certainly be good at something. But it strikes me as perverse that someone can earn in a day what it takes someone else to earn in a month.

Comrade red mouse: Sorry to disappoint you, but if you parse out some of the top 2% of earners in this country, you'll find hourly wages that approximate those of which you speak. Perverse? Maybe. Supply and demand? Definitely.

Post #: 3746
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/31/2011 2:51:05 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"OR"? Why not "AND"?

Comrade red mouse: Sorry to disappoint you, but if you parse out some of the top 2% of earners in this country, you'll find hourly wages that approximate those of which you speak. Perverse? Maybe. Supply and demand? Definitely.

I know. But you asked why "or" not "and". I took that as a solicitation of my opinion. Therefore....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3747
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/31/2011 7:53:05 AM   
Reg

quote:

quote:

A cynic would say it has more to do with the distance they are from the company treasury rather than the value of their work....

Ever seen an under paid accountant*??? (I can say that because my brother is one )

(*Disclaimer: must be working for a company with lots of cash to be creative with...)

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3748
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/31/2011 8:14:04 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"OR"? Why not "AND"?

Don't think so... maybe the top 0.2%...

The top 2% (in the USA) make 250+K/year, divided by (say) 40 hours/week, working (say) 48 weeks comes out to about $130/hour... of course, most people getting that much aren't just working 40 hours/week, so it probably is closer to $100/hour... $540/hour is about 5x that.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 3749
RE: how to treat a lady - 1/31/2011 10:22:21 AM   
modrow

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso
Don't think so... maybe the top 0.2%...

The top 2% (in the USA) make 250+K/year, divided by (say) 40 hours/week, working (say) 48 weeks comes out to about $130/hour... of course, most people getting that much aren't just working 40 hours/week, so it probably is closer to $100/hour... $540/hour is about 5x that.

Well, not going to defend this steep rate, but I think it is a common mistake to compare what an employee *earns/makes* to what someone who is self-employed *bills*. There are expenses involved in running a business, and overhead processes make it unlikely that each hour of said attorney's working day can be billed.

If you want to arrive at outrageous hourly wages, use a hospital bill for a 4 hour surgery to calculate what the surgeon supposedly makes per hour. The surgeons will tell you that they make much less money per hour, and the difference is not equal to profit of the hospital operator either.

Just my 2cts.

Hartwig

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 3750
Page:   <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: how to treat a lady Page: <<   < prev  123 124 [125] 126 127   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI