Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: PC version?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: PC version? - 10/20/2008 7:59:05 PM   
bosbes

ok guys, I've been long following this thread and I see that I, as bonkie, have been used as an example of how poorly L&L has been with their answers. To be honest, I don't mind because I understand that Mr. Walker has a lot on his mind as gamedevelopment is concerned and that I' m simply a curious spectator. Having said that, I believe this game in development has a lot of potential but I'm beginning to doubt if it will be published.

And guys, it's only a game and life has so much more on offer!

(in reply to GlobalExplorer)
Post #: 301
RE: PC version? - 11/15/2008 10:57:57 AM   
markhwalker

quote:

And guys, it's only a game and life has so much more on offer!

No! To paraphrase Steve Mcqueen..."There is gaming...everything else is just waiting."

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 302
RE: PC version? - 4/3/2009 2:59:51 PM   
JudgeDredd

lol...reading through here, I same the same problem as always...lack of info, people spitting dummies out and more lack of info.

Very funneh. Seriously, what exactly is the big deal. When it's ready, it's ready. Great stuff. If it isn't ready yet, then...well, it isn't ready yet...so wait. And if it turns into vapourware...well?? What of it? Move on? Why would anyone think spitting their dummy out is going to do anything but make them look rather silly?

I'm waiting on it with baited breath (especially seeing as I can't seem to get a hold of many of his board titles in the UK)...but when it comes, it comes

Jeez

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 303
RE: PC version? - 4/17/2009 5:13:10 PM   
Hanal

When I think of all the games I am still sinking my teeth into (World War One), some older chestnuts that I still have a go at (Guns of August, Slay, SC2, Montjoie, to name but a few) some I still need to buy (Supremacy at Sea) and all the DS titles I fool with (awaiting delivery of CEAW for DS and Dark Spire) I can wait for BoH for as aong as it takes....

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 304
RE: PC version? - 4/27/2009 7:44:21 AM   
lancerunolfsson

"And guys, it's only a game and life has so much more on offer!"

Well isn't that the sad part though? I mean really how much does life have to offer if one can spend several ours a day with ones eyes glued to a screen? And that actually turns out to be the most rewarding part.

If you are near Medford Oregon Check out,

http://lancerunolfsson.googlepages.com/home
(Also some free Downloadable Miniature Rules and a Free Downloadable 7YW Board Game)

(in reply to Hanal)
Post #: 305
RE: PC version? - 2/3/2011 10:59:19 PM   
Vilhjalmr

Yesterday marked the five year anniversary of Mark's post (the second post of this thread) on 2/2/2006 when he said "with luck it'll be out this year".

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark

(in reply to markhwalker)
Post #: 306
RE: PC version? - 2/5/2011 5:32:41 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vilhjalmr

Yesterday marked the five year anniversary of Mark's post (the second post of this thread) on 2/2/2006 when he said "with luck it'll be out this year".

quote:

ORIGINAL: markhwalker

Yep, we have a team in place and programming is well underway. I have a version I'm testing on my computer. We aren't at beta, yet. When we reach that point I'll open it up for beta testers.

With luck it'll be out this year, but I'm not promising a release date.

We are considering offering folks who have bought the boardgame or any expansions/modules released before the computer game's release, a discount on the computer game, but that IS NOT official. There are several problems with that concept including how would we ascertain who has bought the boardgame?

Best,

Mark

Doesn't he say that "with luck it will be out this year" every year? He must be the most unlucky guy in the world!

(in reply to Vilhjalmr)
Post #: 307
RE: PC version? - 2/8/2011 12:18:12 PM   
Skanvak

So I came to know if this year will be the Year or not.
But if a BFA on Stalingrad is out before, may be it will be a dead game :lol Quite sad as the interface seemed very nice and I like simple game.

Sorry for all those who came to read this post thinking there is some news.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 308
RE: PC version? - 2/8/2011 7:10:05 PM   
wodin

Conflict of Heroes makes this game redundant....

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 309
RE: PC version? - 2/8/2011 8:06:48 PM   
jamespcrowley

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

Why? CoH may be a better boardgame than LnL but Heroes of Stalingrad is a PC game........well it would be if it existed.

Cheers

Jim

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 310
RE: PC version? - 2/8/2011 8:08:04 PM   
diablo1

quote:

I agree I can even put away thoughts about Panzer Command:NOfront being delayed. I'm tired of all these empty promises, soon, soon, with any luck, next year, next month, just a few more weeks. Hopefully I can get on the beta of Conflict of Heroes at least I'll have something to do besides read the same old empty promises.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 311
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 7:45:37 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

quote:

Why? CoH may be a better boardgame than LnL but Heroes of Stalingrad is a PC game........well it would be if it existed.

because CoH is going into beta testing James and then it too will be a PC game - see this forum abandoned, and any expectation of HoS fly straight out of the window.

If Mark was going to release it, i suspect he has just lost a lot of money, if he wasnt - he can go back to the office say 'phew' now i dont have to finish it and well pretend all this never happened

(in reply to jamespcrowley)
Post #: 312
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 8:04:31 AM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

because CoH is going into beta testing James and then it too will be a PC game - see this forum abandoned, and any expectation of HoS fly straight out of the window.

If Mark was going to release it, i suspect he has just lost a lot of money, if he wasnt - he can go back to the office say 'phew' now i dont have to finish it and well pretend all this never happened

Forget about HOS, it isn't going to happen. Are you saying that COF is going to be released as a PC game??? Where did you hear this?

(in reply to undercovergeek)
Post #: 313
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 8:16:52 AM   
undercovergeek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

Forget about HOS, it isn't going to happen. Are you saying that COF is going to be released as a PC game??? Where did you hear this?

see general discussion gunhawk - mr rutins is seeking testers

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 314
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 3:02:43 PM   
Gunhawk

Thanks for the heads up Undercovergeek.  That's amazing news!  Company of Heroes is a very successful series with several additions in the works.  It's a tried and true combat mechanism, so there's no reason to believe that it won't be a good PC game.  I've been playing Memoir '44 on-line against live opponents lately and it's been a lot of fun.  COH on-line would just be fantastic! 

Post #: 315
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 3:09:43 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

Thanks for the heads up Undercovergeek.  That's amazing news!  Company of Heroes is a very successful series with several additions in the works.  It's a tried and true combat mechanism, so there's no reason to believe that it won't be a good PC game.  I've been playing Memoir '44 on-line against live opponents lately and it's been a lot of fun.  COH on-line would just be fantastic! 

I meant Conflict of Heroes. Not Company of Heroes. See what happens when you get me excited. LOL

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 316
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 3:27:54 PM   
undercovergeek

quote:

quote:

I meant Conflict of Heroes. Not Company of Heroes. See what happens when you get me excited. LOL

well it all seems to have more life than the HOS option - so fingers crossed

< Message edited by undercovergeek -- 2/9/2011 3:28:48 PM >

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 317
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 4:03:39 PM   
Gunhawk

>>well it all seems to have more life than the HOS option - so fingers crossed<<

HOS is obviously deader than disco.  There isn't any point to talking about it anymore.  With Memoir '44 in open beta and news and expansions to the system coming out regularly, and with the promise of COF, why bother trying to kick a dead horse into life?   

Post #: 318
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 4:50:03 PM   
diablo1

quote:

why bother trying to kick a dead horse into life?

Because conflict is the better part of wargaming and we are all pretty much wargamers at heart so we love a good conflict even if it means beating a dead horse to liven things up a little.

X3:Universe of games rules them all!! Xtra coming soon X3:REBIRTH 4th qtr 2011 YAY!

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 319
RE: PC version? - 2/9/2011 6:41:35 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: diablo1

quote:

why bother trying to kick a dead horse into life?

Because conflict is the better part of wargaming and we are all pretty much wargamers at heart so we love a good conflict even if it means beating a dead horse to liven things up a little.

But this horse is sooooooo dead! Even the usual HOS defenders have given up. You can't say "we don't mind how long you take as long as you get it right" forever. And how many times can you read "it'll be done when it's done" from Walker before you realize that it's *never* going to be done?

(in reply to diablo1)
Post #: 320
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 5:24:06 AM   
Artillerysarge

Well it appears I was not wrong. This is TWTHOMAS the one who first called this vaporware
and drew the wrath of Mr. Walker and others.

< Message edited by Artillerysarge -- 2/14/2011 5:25:50 AM >

(in reply to bosbes)
Post #: 321
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 11:24:08 AM   
Skanvak

I think this is the problem when you begin to openly speak of a PC game before it is finish and puting up a forum. If there is a forum there need to be news. People wait for WiF because there are monthly update, so we know it is not dead. Here, nothing. Not even a "we are working on it".

I can understand that programming takes time and calling a thing you are working on vaporware can be upsetting. But we need something. Or more likely this forum need to be closed until we have a something.

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to Artillerysarge)
Post #: 322
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 2:57:33 PM   
Deadmoon

This game is the "Duke Nukem:Forever" of wargames :D

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 323
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 3:17:45 PM   
Josh

Duke Nukem indeed, I had faith in that one too, and whaddya know, it gets released coming May. It has been a long wait though, and we still have to see if the gameplay is any good.
Same for HoS. I still think they may release it someday, don't know when and don't know where though. On the other hand, you can't postpone a game forever because one day it *will* be obsolete.

(in reply to Deadmoon)
Post #: 324
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 3:32:51 PM   
vonRocko

This forum is just free advertising for lock and load. It should be shut down and replaced with a COH forum.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 325
RE: PC version? - 2/14/2011 8:22:01 PM   
wodin

Whats the point with CoH coming out anyway...totally missed the boat but I suppose he sells enough boardgames to keep him in money...plus his novel writing...no wonder this game isn't finished.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 326
RE: PC version? - 2/20/2011 6:22:27 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artillerysarge

Well it appears I was not wrong. This is TWTHOMAS the one who first called this vaporware
and drew the wrath of Mr. Walker and others.

Notice that there's no "wrath" from anybody anymore. LOL Even Walker's hibernating on this one.

(in reply to Artillerysarge)
Post #: 327
RE: PC version? - 2/20/2011 6:27:11 PM   
Gunhawk

quote:

Whats the point with CoH coming out anyway...totally missed the boat but I suppose he sells enough boardgames to keep him in money...plus his novel writing...no wonder this game isn't finished.

I see that he had something to do with four scenarios for the upcoming "Spearpoint" card wargame expansion. He's all over the place, except, of course, on HOS. Doesn't he make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside about how much he cares about this project?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 328
RE: PC version? - 2/20/2011 8:05:47 PM   
Josh

Yep, that's the way the market works. We've been waiting for HoS a while now, if someone else beats him to the release date, like CoH, no one will ask for HoS anymore. Unless CoH sucks ofcourse, then there *still* will be  potential buyers for HoS. Who gets there first and who delivers the most? It's a game in itself. But those screenshots of HoS were darn teasing... Oh well, there's more games where they came from LOL

(in reply to Gunhawk)
Post #: 329
RE: PC version? - 2/21/2011 10:39:46 AM   
Barthheart

I'm really looking forward to CoH. Should make a good PC game.

I'm really looking forward to HoS as well. I know that when, not if, it comes out all you doubters will be playing it too.

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad >> RE: PC version? Page: <<   < prev  8 9 10 [11] 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI