Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Combined Patch 1.5?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Combined Patch 1.5? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Combined Patch 1.5? - 9/13/2002 11:40:17 PM   
WW2'er

I have patched thru every version of UV, but for those who are just buying the game or have to reinstall for any reason, I'm wondering....

Could the next patch come in two different versions?

1. Updates files from version 1.40
2. A combined patch that gives all updates from 1.0? (i.e. updates a newly installed 1.0 directly to 1.5)

This would be really nice since this will be the last major patch for a while. (Barring any new, nasty bugs! God forbid!)

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'
Post #: 1
- 9/16/2002 3:50:13 AM   
WW2'er

Erik?....Anyone?

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 2
- 9/16/2002 7:06:49 AM   
Fred98

I have burnt all the patches to a CD.

I can see your point. But I use a dial-up modem. Downloading all the patches to date in one go would be a huge download.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 3
Combined file - 9/16/2002 10:35:46 AM   
AndrewN

I think WW2'ers suggestion is spot on the mark. It will be helpful to continue the current method of being able to download patches individually, but a great help if there could be a combined patch file. My game is in the post and I'll download the various patches one by one if I have to, but a combined one would be a lot simpler.

Matrix?

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 4
Hey another Aussie! - 9/16/2002 6:11:38 PM   
Raverdave

G'day Andrew!

Good to see another Aussie on the board! JUst to quickly bring you upto speed, there is going to be a meeting of all of the Melbourne based members on October the 6th (Sunday) at Williamstown.....it would be great if you could make it! Drop me a line for more info such where to meet and times. Just click on my profile to get my Email address, or dend me a message via this board.

Regards

Dave

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 5
Re: Hey another Aussie! - 9/16/2002 6:18:22 PM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]Good to see another Aussie on the board! [/B][/QUOTE]

Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern!

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 6
Response... - 9/16/2002 11:45:00 PM   
Erik Rutins

We still plan to make a combined patch, but we haven't yet decided that the time is right. We'll see how things are going a few weeks after the next version is released.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 7
- 9/17/2002 6:10:21 AM   
Sabre21

Hey Andrewn...ain't a Kiwi one of them little green fuzzy fruits? Oh..that's right...could be a long legged bird too! So which are ya...a bird or a fruit:D :D

Sabre21

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 8
- 9/17/2002 6:44:58 AM   
AndrewN

Can't say I really care too much for the furry fruits. And the birds, well they're short-legged, actually. ;)

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 9
Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! - 9/17/2002 7:22:07 PM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]

Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 10
Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! - 9/17/2002 7:32:43 PM   
AndrewN

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum. [/B][/QUOTE]

Both of the pipe line ideas sound very interesting. I'd appreciate it if you could at least keep me in the know for the future... and old email address (still working, but I'll give out this one in case of spam robots) is [email]nugteren@tpg.com.au[/email]

Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group?

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 11
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! - 9/18/2002 8:41:21 AM   
Raverdave

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]

Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group? [/B][/QUOTE]

30's to 40's?????? I don't really know as I have never asked:D

(in reply to WW2'er)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Combined Patch 1.5? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI