Combined Patch 1.5? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

WW2'er -> Combined Patch 1.5? (9/13/2002 11:40:17 PM)

I have patched thru every version of UV, but for those who are just buying the game or have to reinstall for any reason, I'm wondering....

Could the next patch come in two different versions?

1. Updates files from version 1.40
2. A combined patch that gives all updates from 1.0? (i.e. updates a newly installed 1.0 directly to 1.5)

This would be really nice since this will be the last major patch for a while. (Barring any new, nasty bugs! God forbid!)

WW2'er -> (9/16/2002 3:50:13 AM)

Erik?....Anyone?

Fred98 -> (9/16/2002 7:06:49 AM)

I have burnt all the patches to a CD.

I can see your point. But I use a dial-up modem. Downloading all the patches to date in one go would be a huge download.

AndrewN -> Combined file (9/16/2002 10:35:46 AM)

I think WW2'ers suggestion is spot on the mark. It will be helpful to continue the current method of being able to download patches individually, but a great help if there could be a combined patch file. My game is in the post and I'll download the various patches one by one if I have to, but a combined one would be a lot simpler.

Matrix?

Raverdave -> Hey another Aussie! (9/16/2002 6:11:38 PM)

G'day Andrew!

Good to see another Aussie on the board! JUst to quickly bring you upto speed, there is going to be a meeting of all of the Melbourne based members on October the 6th (Sunday) at Williamstown.....it would be great if you could make it! Drop me a line for more info such where to meet and times. Just click on my profile to get my Email address, or dend me a message via this board.

Regards

Dave

AndrewN -> Re: Hey another Aussie! (9/16/2002 6:18:22 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]Good to see another Aussie on the board! [/B][/QUOTE]

Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern!

Erik Rutins -> Response... (9/16/2002 11:45:00 PM)

We still plan to make a combined patch, but we haven't yet decided that the time is right. We'll see how things are going a few weeks after the next version is released.

Regards,

- Erik

Sabre21 -> (9/17/2002 6:10:21 AM)

Hey Andrewn...ain't a Kiwi one of them little green fuzzy fruits? Oh..that's right...could be a long legged bird too! So which are ya...a bird or a fruit:D :D

Sabre21

AndrewN -> (9/17/2002 6:44:58 AM)

Can't say I really care too much for the furry fruits. And the birds, well they're short-legged, actually. ;)

Raverdave -> Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! (9/17/2002 7:22:07 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]

Aaah... the assumptions that are so easily drawn! This laddie's a Kiwi! :D

Thanks also for the info about the Melbourne meeting... as a rule, Sunday's don't suit so I'll have to take a raincheck on the offer. Besides, I'd be like a lamb among wolves, my copy of UV not having arrived yet from Vortigern! [/B][/QUOTE]

Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum.

AndrewN -> Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! (9/17/2002 7:32:43 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Raverdave
[B]

Ah well......I will not hold that against you. Pity about not being able to make it for October. Not to worry there are lots more things in the pipe line, such a a trek to the Australian War Memorial next April to coinside with ANZAC day....gives the guys from interstate a chance to catch up, and before that a trip to Puckapunyal to visit the Tank Museum. [/B][/QUOTE]

Both of the pipe line ideas sound very interesting. I'd appreciate it if you could at least keep me in the know for the future... and old email address (still working, but I'll give out this one in case of spam robots) is [email]nugteren@tpg.com.au[/email]

Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group?

Raverdave -> Re: Re: Re: Re: Hey another Aussie! (9/18/2002 8:41:21 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AndrewN
[B]

Out of interest, what's the age range and size of the Melbourne UV group? [/B][/QUOTE]

30's to 40's?????? I don't really know as I have never asked:D

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI