Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Katana vs GaryTatro

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Katana vs GaryTatro Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Katana vs GaryTatro - 9/14/2002 7:25:04 PM   
Katana

Germany (K) delaying the red threat.
'44, medium map, 4000 points.
quality vs quantity.

Attachment (1)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC
Post #: 1
Katana - 9/18/2002 8:47:11 AM   
Gary Tatro

Before I do my purchase and deploy let me know that you want to do this with these numbers.

Human vs Human

Meeting engagment 1 To 1

Advance vs Delay 3 To 2

Assualt vs Defend 2 to 1

So if you took 4000 points I should only get 6000 not 10K

Even at assault #'s you would be giving me a huge advantage.

So in good faith I request that you repurchase and resend to me.

By the way for Assualts I play that the defender gets as many mines and obsticles as they want.
For Advances I play that the delayer gets 250 points worth of mines.
Also I play that each side can have the same amount of artillary using the attackers value. So if I am attacking and get 6000 points total we would both be able to get a max of 600 points in artillary.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2002 1:44:16 PM   
Katana

Huh? Actually, I thought I'd set both sides to 4000 :confused:
Oh well, I'll be back later with more mines and arty.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 3
- 9/18/2002 11:25:40 PM   
Katana

Here you go

Attachment (1)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 4
The Red Army is ready to - 9/19/2002 10:22:30 PM   
Gary Tatro

Push back the Facist tide. Rout them back to their homeland and take comfort in the arms of their women. :D

Purchased and depolyed. By the way you can send the game to my e-mail address at [email]tatrog@yahoo.com[/email]

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 5
- 9/21/2002 12:31:13 AM   
Katana

Germans are dug in and waiting for the slaughter to commence.

Attachment (1)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 6
The Russians understanding the - 9/21/2002 5:09:30 AM   
Gary Tatro

German superiority in range fighting cover their advance with showers of smoke while fending off a couple of air attacks.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 7
Sent you the file in e-mail - 9/21/2002 4:22:56 PM   
Gary Tatro

But if it is more convinient to get it here.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 8
- 9/22/2002 12:47:15 AM   
Katana

Ah, let's use the email. Take the load of the board a little.

Lot's of smoke in the north and the Soviet rear, not a lot else to see.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 9
Comrade Tatrovsky - 9/22/2002 4:45:39 AM   
Gary Tatro

This just in. The Germans have set up a delaying action directly ahead of us and we have proceeded to lay down smoke to help close the distance on the enemy. But comrade we have now just learned that we need to deal with this threat in the next 30 minutes.
What thirty minutes. We will use that amount just to scout out the enemy. Well comrades we have work to do. I am not sure we can do it in the time Moscow wants us to do it but we will try.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 10
Hey Katana - 9/24/2002 5:18:53 AM   
Gary Tatro

I hope you are not waiting for a turn. I have played and sent it back to you.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 11
- 9/24/2002 6:27:00 AM   
Katana

Doh, I haven't. Sent it, that is. Sorry about that. It should be in your inbox by now.

15 turns is short indeed, I forgot to set the length manually. I take it you also noticed the points per turn VHs? I hope you don't mind, but I felt they were apropriate to the mission.

Not much to report game-wise. There's a bunch of bikers approaching, on what appear to be BMWs :eek: :mad:
BTW Did you know the Russians are still building those things?
If you want to ride the two-wheeled equivalent of a Kuebelwagen, they're still for sale to this day. :cool:
The rest of the Soviets is hiding in the treeline. They're spotted by a Ju-88 and that's about all the help I'm gonna get fom the Luftwaffe (**** quads)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 12
- 9/24/2002 7:21:37 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Katana
[B]Doh, I haven't. Sent it, that is. Sorry about that. It should be in your inbox by now.

15 turns is short indeed, I forgot to set the length manually. I take it you also noticed the points per turn VHs? I hope you don't mind, but I felt they were apropriate to the mission.

Not much to report game-wise. There's a bunch of bikers approaching, on what appear to be BMWs :eek: :mad:
BTW Did you know the Russians are still building those things?
If you want to ride the two-wheeled equivalent of a Kuebelwagen, they're still for sale to this day. :cool:
The rest of the Soviets is hiding in the treeline. They're spotted by a Ju-88 and that's about all the help I'm gonna get fom the Luftwaffe (**** quads) [/B][/QUOTE]

I would love to see your results but, I think you sent the wrong file we were playing slot 5 I believe. You sent slot 9.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 13
- 9/24/2002 7:23:24 AM   
Katana

Sorry

Attachment (1)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 14
Tatrovinski - 9/24/2002 10:02:58 AM   
Gary Tatro

Tilts back the bottle of Vodka and smiles as liquid fire oozes out from his stomack to every part of his body. He wonders to himself if this is what it must have felt like to the German Comander when he realized, to late, that his position had been infiltrated by Partisians. He thinks on how the comander must have paniced when he looked up from his charts and saw a soldier in camoflage standing in front of him reviewing his maps with him. How Ice must have froozen his stomack and then spread out through the rest of his body as the bullets riddled him.

Ahh the battle is off to a good start, the German commander is dead, two Pz-VIh's destroyed and a whole mine field discovered.
Now if I could just get the damed airforce to cooperate, could you believe that the stupid airman mistoke a kublewagon for a Stug40. God you just can not get good airmen any more.

Now if only Moscow would give him a couple of more hours to clean up this mess it would not cost mother Russia hardly any of its precious tanks but such is life in Moscow.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 15
- 9/25/2002 8:33:38 AM   
Katana

Oh boy, looks like I'm in trouble in the south. Major artilley target in the south, but those guys ae s-l-o-w.:mad:
No doubt something equally nasty will show in the north soon, once the kamikaze bikers have found a way around the minefield.
Hope I'll have a timely reply for them as well.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 16
Comrade Tatrovsky - 9/25/2002 10:08:18 AM   
Gary Tatro

Battle report comming in. We have made contact with the enemy in the North and the South. For some reason the Germans are screening the incoming force with heavy concentrations of armor. With the smoke barrages we have been successful in closing the distances on armor and have been able to engage with our infantry. Assaults are not going well, we only immobilized two Stug40 F/8's, but we have been successful in protected our own limited armor resources and have given our own armor the chance to close and destory another Pzkpfw-VIh, 2 Pzkpfw-VIJ's and a Stug40 F/8 also our aircraft scored a kill on another Stug40 F/8.

Wonderful comrade that is a total of almost 2 platoons of enemy armor dead and we have only lost, what a SU-57.
Yes Capitain!
How did we get so luck.
Well comrade it seems that the enemy did not know that we had scouted it out and was hit by our artillary barage by supprise and we were able to close with a number of armor units and fire on them unopposed.

That was fortunate, but don't expect the new German commander to make the same mistake twice.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 17
- 9/26/2002 5:48:21 AM   
Katana

Right.

Germans actually manage do some damage this turn, destroying a bunch of cheap ZSU57s and halftracks. Even a PT34/85 listed among the kills.
Nowhere near an even exchange, but then again, all the germans need to do to win is die slowly enough.:D

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 18
- 9/26/2002 12:37:34 PM   
VikingNo2

K; hit all the trees with motars, and be advised you will be fighting lots and lots of halftracks with 57mm/.50 cal and huge amounts of infantry.

If you didn't get any strumtiger's or bumbars get some

My two cents

Gary, world events have made my work very busy for awhile it will be a while befor I can do my turn

sorry

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 19
- 9/26/2002 5:21:54 PM   
Katana

Now he tells me :rolleyes:

Quad 20mm seems to work ok too, but I wonder how long they'll last.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 20
- 9/26/2002 5:58:35 PM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by VikingNo2
[B]K; hit all the trees with motars, and be advised you will be fighting lots and lots of halftracks with 57mm/.50 cal and huge amounts of infantry.

If you didn't get any strumtiger's or bumbars get some

My two cents

Gary, world events have made my work very busy for awhile it will be a while befor I can do my turn

sorry [/B][/QUOTE]
Hi JJ
I was beginning to wonder if something had happened to you. Glad to here from you. No problem about the work. I am in the middle of one of my busy seasons also and I have some less than understanding opponents.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 21
Comrade Tatrovsky - 9/28/2002 4:05:31 AM   
Gary Tatro

We have radio static from some thing or person called VikingNo2.
Don't worry about that captain it is probably some yo-yo who has been playing to much SPWAW.
Well captain he is giving some pretty good information about the composition of our forces and keeps saying something about revenge and payback.
Like I said captain don't worry, it is probably some military nut, do you have a battle report for me?
Yes Sir. Our southern salient has run into some very tough combined arms. We are doing ok but the artillary is taking it toll. Up in the North we are almost unaposed. We have met small amounts of resistance but nothing you would have expected. It seems that the Germans left the far North unsupported, just some misc Infantry which we quickly cleaned up after our artillary barage. It seems that the German commander expected the mine feild to hold us back. By using the Motor cyles to scout the whole feild out we were quickly able to go around it and are almost in the German back field. We have almost a complete open flank and will be able to exploit it in a few minutes. As far as damage, three more tanks died this turn, two of the crews jumped out and were mowed down by our infantry and we caped another one with our SU-57's. We feel that two more will be certain kills in a couple of minutes just a matter of time now.
Very good captain. Keep me informed of your progress. Also let me know as soon as you spot the mobil artillary park and the Flackivers that are moving around. They are much to deadly to the infantry to let rom free.
Aye Commander.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 22
- 9/29/2002 9:26:53 PM   
Katana

Not a lot to add to the above.
Arty has finally zeroed in on the Soviets in the south, but the north is definitely in trouble.
Where the h*ll is the Luftwaffe when you need them?

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 23
Comrade Tatrovsky - 9/30/2002 3:15:45 AM   
Gary Tatro

We have hit the flank hard and have sweeped up two/fiths of the objectives Moscow wanted us to take. We believe that within a few minutes we will have all objectives. Moscow will be proud.
What was that Captian give me a detailed report.
Well Colonel we hit the flank from the North and sweeped through the Germans like a hot-knife through butter. And have pushed deep into their reserves. We have located some of their artillary, Mobelwagons, and ammo trucks we have not been able to get to them as of yet but it is just a matter of time now.
Captian what was the damage?
Colonel the casualties are coming in. We lost a SU-57 to more mines. We took more casualties among the infantry with artillary strikes and we took some damage on the infantry from the flakivers.
What I thought we had located all the mines?
Colonel it appears that the Germans had actually set up two mine feilds both right in front of the two big hills facing us. We were lucky that we are facing a mobil detachement. If the Germans had set up a bunch of ATG, and Quad MG's on though's hills it would have been murder, even with the all the smoke we sent.
What kind of numbers can I radio to Moscow Captain.
Colonel, from the reports coming in it looks like we accounted for 4 more Stug 40 F/8's, 4 Sdszk Flackivers, a couple of MG's, a recon group, a couple of Calvery units and a Whole Company of GE Infantry!
Amazing Captian. We must have really caught the Germans by suprise.
Aye sir.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 24
- 9/30/2002 11:13:10 PM   
Katana

Ugh, that was nasty. Only a few Germans left, but they're still fighting, killing two partisan squads. Guess they'll be put out of my misery in a few turns.

Gotcha on the AT and MGs (I didn't know Gemany had Quad MGs, what're they called?). I knew they would be useful, but figured I needed more mobility. So I bought a lot of cheap 75L48 platfoms...
More recon stuff would've been nice too, I held back some cavalry to deal with any more infiltrators that might show up. Should've sent them to the front to at least keep an eye on Soviet pogress.

Live and learn.

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 25
- 9/30/2002 11:13:37 PM   
Katana

Die and learn faster :D

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 26
Colonel Tatrovsky - 10/1/2002 5:59:13 AM   
Gary Tatro

We have currently split our fources into three groups. Down South we have cleared up much of what was there and are holding the objectives with a small but strong force. The Large northern contingent has split in two groups. One goup is continuing our flanking menuver from the north while the other group has pushed deep into the enemy reserves.
The southern group saw some small skirmishes with GE infantry and has eliminated them. The flanking group has moved further down from there previous positions and suprised a platoon of calvery and two platoons of GE infantry. The Calvery was trying to recover from the artillary barage and were easy pickings, the infantry was more problematic, but with all of there armor support gone it was just a matter of using our armor to retreat them and then follow and overrun them with the half-tracks supported but the infantry they carried. The group that was going deep found the mobil artillary park and has engaged it. They have also takin more of the objectives that Moscow requested. Colonel we now have more than half of the objectives that Moscow requested and unless the Germans are reinforced, I feal strongly that we will have the rest within the next few minutes. Oh and Colonel our air force scored another victory by destroying one of the enemies Mobil artillary platforms.
Excellent work Capitain, achieve a Decisive victory for me and I will see that you are put in for a promotion.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 27
- 10/1/2002 11:32:44 PM   
Katana

And you thought 15 turns wasn't long enough, huh?
Germans are still fighting back, though. The Wespe plt is still holding back the Russian infantry, killing some of them.
Further south, a ZSU57 is destroyed by a Pzlrs, while some direct mortar fire damages two more.
The remaining moebelwagen score a few casualties as well. Maybe I an still squeeze a maginal defeat out of this one...

Actually, this game has been quite fun. The replays were...educating. Once the smoke cleared a bit, I could more or less follow you actions, learning a great deal about timing and maneuver. By then it was too late to do much about it.
Wish I'd put more of a fight though. Maybe another time, afte I've practised some more :)

FABRICATE DIEM, PVNC

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 28
Comrade Colonel - 10/2/2002 8:26:58 AM   
Gary Tatro

We have almost completed our mission. We have taken out the Germans artillary park and the last of there Mobel Wagons, we have 4/5ths of the objectives Moscow requested. Soon we will have all the objectives and the Germans are all but retreating back to Berlin. We have had minimal losses, a great day for the Motherland Comrade.
Superior work Captian.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 29
Comrade Colonel - 10/3/2002 8:01:37 PM   
Gary Tatro

We have completed our mission. The last of the German scum have been whipped out and we have taken all the objectives that Moscow requested of us.

That is wonderful news Captian, and how successful were we.

Well Colonel not as successful as we had hoped, according to my calculations we achieved a Moderate Victory. The final calculations in Rubles was The Germans destroyed 3,720 million Rubles worth of Soviet equipment while we destroyed 10,398 million Rubles worth of German equipment.

Well Captain it seems you will have to wait for that promotion. My hat is off to our worth apponent. Great Game.

(in reply to Katana)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> Katana vs GaryTatro Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI