Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wacht am Palembang

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wacht am Palembang Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/3/2011 6:50:23 PM   
CaptDave

No, no, you're all thinking of the other kind of umbrella policy.  As everyone knows, it doesn't rain in Southern California (cough, cough).  M&M Enterprises made him an offer he couldn't refuse, so he sold them his umbrellas and no longer needs a policy to cover them!

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 4111
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/3/2011 6:52:13 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: CaptDave

No, no, you're all thinking of the other kind of umbrella policy.  As everyone knows, it doesn't rain in Southern California (cough, cough).  M&M Enterprises made him an offer he couldn't refuse, so he sold them his umbrellas and no longer needs a policy to cover them!

You wanna bet it rains? Most of the time I had to exit my car from the passenger side when I parked at the curb during rainstorms because stepping out of the drivers side I would have been ankle deep.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4112
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 12:21:57 AM   
CaptDave

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

You wanna bet it rains? Most of the time I had to exit my car from the passenger side when I parked at the curb during rainstorms because stepping out of the drivers side I would have been ankle deep.

Hence the (cough, cough) in my original post. I was at a week-long meeting in San Diego once. The only two days it didn't rain were the days we had set aside for golf. The PGA had lots of fun at Torrey Pines the following week!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4113
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 12:57:04 AM   
Onime No Kyo

Ah. I thought you had a cold or something.

It rains in SD?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4114
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 3:55:34 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Of course it rains in Southern California. How else do you think they get the annually recurring mudslides? Lahar?

Post #: 4115
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 11:00:36 AM   
moore4807

Mudslides, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Charlie Sheen, I'll keep living in New Jersey thank you very much!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4116
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 12:39:55 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Of course it rains in Southern California. How else do you think they get the annually recurring mudslides? Lahar?

Ah, Palisades.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4117
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 12:40:07 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

Mudslides, Wildfires, Earthquakes, Charlie Sheen, I'll keep living in New Jersey thank you very much!

You have Snooki.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4118
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 2:14:14 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************Office CINCPAC, Pearl, July 27, 1942*********

Adm. Kimmel: <reading from JN25 intercept> "BTW the Mothra project is going well." ............It's still in code.

Codebreaker Nerd: No sir, that is how it decodes. It was sent from Rord Admirar David-san to Rord Admirar Nerson.

Adm. Kimmel: What the Hell is a "Rord"?

Codebreaker Nerd: Oh, sorry sir, it's "Lord". A couple of the boys and I have taken to saying it that way because that is how the Nips say it. <snickers>

Adm. Kimmel: Look, cut that out. Just because we are at war is no reason we have to demean ourselves with cheap racial stereotypes. Is that clear?

Codebreaker Nerd: Yes sir. No cheap racial stereotypes.

Adm. Kimmel: Fine, now find out for me what the Little Yellow Bastards mean by "Mothra" and find out what "BTW" means too.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4119
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 2:28:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Codebreakers Office, Pearl, 01:30, July 28, 1942***********

A young officer in an unkempt uniform is reading a large reference book. The table is littered with coffee cups and there is an offensive smell of body odor owing to poor hygeine. The book is titled, "Insects of the Late Tirasic". He turns pages which are arranged alphabetically till he comes to "Mothra (Mosura)"

MOTHRA (Mosura)
225-200 Mya
lepidopteris gigantis

Physical description
Form(s) Larva and Adult Forms
Length Larval form
30[1]-180[2] meters
Adult form
24[3]-80 [2] meters
Weight Larval form
9,000[1]-15,000[2] tons
Adult form
15,000[1]-25,000[2] tons
Wingspan 75[1]-250[2] metres

Codebreaker Nerd: <drops book> Holy Mary, Mother of God!

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/4/2011 2:29:45 PM >

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4120
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 2:36:31 PM   
DTurtle

Shouldn't that be BRW?

< Message edited by DTurtle -- 3/4/2011 2:37:32 PM >

Post #: 4121
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 2:48:38 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: DTurtle

Shouldn't that be BRW?

No, that is our "Weegie Codetalkers" so they wouldn't have that...unless the bastards tortured one of the POW's.

(in reply to DTurtle)
Post #: 4122
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 3:42:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

********CINCPAC Office, Pearl, July 27, 1942*******

Adm. Kimmel: <on the phone> Bob, do we have a Scotish Liason officer over there? <pause> Why not, I thought they were on our side? What about the whole bag pipe thing? <pause> Huh, I didn't know that? So the Scots are part of England? <pause> Well, Enlgand IS Britain isn't it? <pause> Goddamnit! This is confusing. So is it like a state or something? <pause> Look, I've got a tee time. Here is the deal. We need to know if there were any Scotch captured in Singapore or the Japanese East Indies? <pause> All right, SCOTSMEN then. Just find out. In particular, we need to know if any POW's might speak Weegie <pause> Yes, Weegie. It's short for Glasgowgee....i..an or something like that. <pause> Great, I'll call you after the front nine.......

Post #: 4123
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 4:05:57 PM   
Ossian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

Shouldn't that be BRW?

No, that is our "Weegie Codetalkers" so they wouldn't have that...unless the bastards tortured one of the POW's.

What? They took away his bottle of Buckfast? The wee bams! Tongs! Tongs Ya bas.....

Anymore of that and we'll drop an Old Firm game on their heeds.

Post #: 4124
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 4:15:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ossian

What? They took away his bottle of Buckfast? The wee bams! Tongs! Tongs Ya bas.....

I was just going to say that....I think.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4125
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 5:38:29 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Shouldn't that be BRW?

Had to look that up. Still not sure I understand it. "By ra way".....do they play soccer in kilts a well?

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4126
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 6:53:03 PM   
moore4807

Snooki.... sigh, ya HAD to bring up that tramp!
Why dont you throw in that Fat B**tard Governor while your at it... LOL! Hmmm How about back to the program and next turn??? LOL

Post #: 4127
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 6:53:50 PM   
Ossian

quote:

Had to look that up. Still not sure I understand it. "By ra way".....do they play soccer in kilts a well?

No kilts, but judging from wednesdays game body armour and artillery may be have to be used in the next one.

Old Firm games, of course, are the famous Glasgow derbies played by Rangers and Celtic.

'Tongs! Tongs ya bas..' is the famous battle cry of the Tongs, one of the multitude of Glasgow street gangs (or 'teams' as they are usually known.) As an example:

Gegso and Bugsy fae the Tongs are walking past Bridge street subway station when they spy a member of a rival team, the Cumby, who had been trying to 'cop off' with Bugsy's girl a few nights previously. The stage is set:

Gegso: "Here, Bud, int that dobber him fae the Cumby that wuz firin' intae yur senga the other night?"
Bugsy: "Aye, man. Pure mental, man. Ahm gonnae dae that mad rocket, by ra way."
Gegso: "Aye man, let's get pure steamed intae him!

Gegso and Bugsy both draw their chibs from their tracksuit tops, Gegso a meat cleaver, Bugsy a samurai sword (I'm not making that bit up - Glasgow is probably the only city on earth where katanas are regarded as perfectly normal equipment for a night out.)

Busgy: Haw, You! Tongs! Tongs ya bas!....

They steam in. Much posturing and sudden violence. The end.

Buckfast is a tonic wine made by the monks of Buckfast abbey in the south of England. It is a favourite of neds as it is cheap and gets you there - fast. It is the famous 'bendy juice' and bestower of 'the Bucky rage.' It is disgusting but ever popular. Whiskey may indeed be Scotland's national drink, but Bucky is Glasgows.

Post #: 4128
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 7:05:07 PM   
perkinh

The educational value of this AAR is underated!!

I have learned to read several different dialects....but i still cant spell or type.

Next lesson please.

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4129
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 7:31:39 PM   
dekwik

Ahh Glasgow. A much maligned City. But the only place in the world (well, except for Liverpool perhaps) where "glass" is a verb.

(in reply to perkinh)
Post #: 4130
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 7:32:39 PM   
DTurtle

quote:

quote:

Shouldn't that be BRW?

Aaah, I guess I mixed it up with the whole L=R thing. Though BTW doesn't have an "L" in it, so that wouldn't work anyway. Hmm, I'm confused...

Now that I think about it, isn't that the way it is supposed to be?

I feel so helpless, knowing only two languages - and no dialects at all!

quote:

ORIGINAL: dekwik
Ahh Glasgow. A much maligned City. But the only place in the world (well, except for Liverpool perhaps) where "glass" is a verb.

Pah, to "glass" something is universal, we might even see it being used in some AARs - though it will take a few years until that opportunity arises in this game.

< Message edited by DTurtle -- 3/4/2011 7:35:37 PM >

Post #: 4131
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 7:42:23 PM   
Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gabede

I have learned to read several different dialects....but i still cant spell or type.

Next lesson please.

Central NC? How did you slip in here without coming to a Witp meet in the Triangle?

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to perkinh)
Post #: 4132
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/4/2011 10:24:11 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gabede

Next lesson please.

Central NC? How did you slip in here without coming to a Witp meet in the Triangle?

because he only joined 7 Feb, and i don't think you've had one in the last month?
EDIT:
Whoops - that was in 2010!!

< Message edited by rtrapasso -- 3/4/2011 11:16:32 PM >

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 4133
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 12:27:57 AM   
Chickenboy

Two noobs like yourself and Mynok calling other noobs noobs, rtrapasso?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4134
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 12:44:59 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

Bah! i was playing the precursor to WITP for years before i discovered the forum!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4135
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 12:47:13 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Bah! i was playing the precursor to WITP for years before i discovered the forum!

Was that "War in Gondwandaland"; "Australopithicus Assault" or "The Campaign for Pangea"? by chance?

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4136
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 1:04:28 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

Was that "War in Gondwandaland"; "Australopithicus Assault" or "The Campaign for Pangea"? by chance?

Actually, it was "Uncommon Valor", and before that "War in the South Pacific".

i rather liked "War in the South Pacific", as it actually had a pretty neat weather model (you could actually move your ships in behind fronts), and you could (rarely) capture enemy ships on the high seas... in the many hundreds of hours i played, i managed to capture 1 AP which was promptly sunk...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4137
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 9:02:03 AM   
stuman

quote:

quote:

No kilts, but judging from wednesdays game body armour and artillery may be have to be used in the next one.

Old Firm games, of course, are the famous Glasgow derbies played by Rangers and Celtic.

'Tongs! Tongs ya bas..' is the famous battle cry of the Tongs, one of the multitude of Glasgow street gangs (or 'teams' as they are usually known.) As an example:

Gegso and Bugsy fae the Tongs are walking past Bridge street subway station when they spy a member of a rival team, the Cumby, who had been trying to 'cop off' with Bugsy's girl a few nights previously. The stage is set:

Gegso: "Here, Bud, int that dobber him fae the Cumby that wuz firin' intae yur senga the other night?"
Bugsy: "Aye, man. Pure mental, man. Ahm gonnae dae that mad rocket, by ra way."
Gegso: "Aye man, let's get pure steamed intae him!

Gegso and Bugsy both draw their chibs from their tracksuit tops, Gegso a meat cleaver, Bugsy a samurai sword (I'm not making that bit up - Glasgow is probably the only city on earth where katanas are regarded as perfectly normal equipment for a night out.)

Busgy: Haw, You! Tongs! Tongs ya bas!....

They steam in. Much posturing and sudden violence. The end.

Buckfast is a tonic wine made by the monks of Buckfast abbey in the south of England. It is a favourite of neds as it is cheap and gets you there - fast. It is the famous 'bendy juice' and bestower of 'the Bucky rage.' It is disgusting but ever popular. Whiskey may indeed be Scotland's national drink, but Bucky is Glasgows.

Hmm, Google Translate was no help.

" Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room. " President Muffley

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4138
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 4:33:19 PM   
Ossian

Of course Google translate was no help: it's not about the words, it's about the feeeeling!

(in reply to stuman)
Post #: 4139
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 8:30:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

The Crips or the Bloods or the Lynwood Varrio Gatos Locos would double up in laughter at a Katana.

By Ra Way, is there a Weegie verison of the Jets that wear their pants too short and are alarmingly good dancers?

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4140
Page:   <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Wacht am Palembang Page: <<   < prev  136 137 [138] 139 140   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI