Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

JN25

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> JN25 Page: <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
JN25 - 3/5/2011 8:48:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Regarding the most recent JN25 intercept, which really did mention "Operation Mothra", my suspicion is that it was a feigned accidental "reply all". The communication was addressed to Admirar Rord Nerson from Admirar Rord David-san.

I think he was busting our chops over the "Wacht am Palembang" thing, which he apparently saw right through.

Of course, it could be we really ARE going to attack Palembang or Sumatra in which case they will feel really, really stupid. It also occurs to me they might really think we are going to attack Palembang but are pretending not to know..err..I mean think we are or aren't going to attack Palembang..

In any case, I changed the page header because it will appear that we really are going to attack Palembang and just realized the security lapse OR that we really aren't and know that they know but want to pretend we don't know so if we do something like this again we can announce exactly where we are going and they will scoff at the information.

In the meantime we can try to figure out what Operation Mothra is.

(in reply to CaptDave)
Post #: 4141
RE: JN25 - 3/5/2011 8:56:23 PM   
Cap Mandrake

A couple of days ago, Stalker Girl forgot to take off her eye make-up so she looked like Alice Cooper in the morning.

I politely said nothing. When she discovered the situation she busted my chops, "How come you didn't tell me I had the Alice Cooper thing going?"

This morning, I got up at O'dark 30 and was saving the world and she pokes her head into the Saving the World Room. I immediatley reported, "You have the Alice Cooper thing going."

Stalker Girl replied, "THAT is the first thing you have to say to me?"

Santa Maria!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4142
RE: JN25 - 3/5/2011 9:16:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********July 26-27, 1942**********

South Pac: AP Katoomba was torpedoed by two different subs and was sunk on the run in to Suva. Fortunately, she was virtually empty and only a couple of AA guns were lost. The Jap surface forces have disappeared and there is no air attack on the ships now unloading again at Suva. Nadi is running low on supply so the bombardment attacks will have to stop for a while. Not sure why some of the nearly 90,000 tons of supply at Suva doesnt move over.

Several Jap subs operating near Wellington. I am trying to kill them before a sortie of the carriers.

Oz: A damaged AK from the Jap carrier raid in the Indian Ocean was sunk by a Nip sub off Perth. The Jap carriers are still unspotted. I sent some subs SW of Java to see if they run over them. Large forces assembling at Perth. We still need many AP's.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/5/2011 9:20:14 PM >

Post #: 4143
RE: JN25 - 3/5/2011 9:19:17 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Admiral Lord Sprior was called away to Whitehall again. I hope they don't can him.

Meanwhile I am worried the Jap carriers will go North and find something moving down.

Nagato disappered off the sunk list.

Post #: 4144
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 9:43:27 PM   
Ossian

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

The Crips or the Bloods or the Lynwood Varrio Gatos Locos would double up in laughter at a Katana.

Yes but a tooled up ned in the grip of the bucky rage could give the lot of them a run for their money. Besides, arming a ned with anything more complicated than a length of metal is likely to end in tears.

quote:

By Ra Way, is there a Weegie verison of the Jets that wear their pants too short and are alarmingly good dancers?

Typical ned-ware is a tracksuit with the bottoms tucked into the sport socks, a burberry baseball cap and some nike trainers. The only dance i've seen them do is the 'ned scurry' which is preformed when they have been busted for something. it involves them trying to run away whilst attempting to look like they're not, in fact, running away. It leads to a bizarre half standing up/half crouching sprint whilst trying to look as if butter wouldn't melt.

Anyway, to be vaguely on topic (mainly to avoid overstaying my welcome by irritating everyone,) I'm reading George Macdonald Fraser's book 'Quartered safe out here' about his time in the Burma campaign. Although a Scot, he served with a Cumbrian regiment. Anyone interested in dialects, general Squaddie madness and some fantastic words should check it out.

Post #: 4145
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 10:43:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ossian

Anyway, to be vaguely on topic (mainly to avoid overstaying my welcome by irritating everyone,)

I wouldn't worry about that. It doesn't seem to stop anyone else.

quote:

I'm reading George Macdonald Fraser's book 'Quartered safe out here' about his time in the Burma campaign. Although a Scot, he served with a Cumbrian regiment. Anyone interested in dialects, general Squaddie madness and some fantastic words should check it out.

Ah yes, a Cumbian Regiment, surely THEY could dance?

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4146
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 10:49:57 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Two noobs like yourself and Mynok calling other noobs noobs, rtrapasso?

Bah! i was playing the precursor to WITP for years before i discovered the forum!

Was that "War in Gondwandaland"; "Australopithicus Assault" or "The Campaign for Pangea"? by chance?

Actually, it was "Uncommon Valor", and before that "War in the South Pacific".

i rather liked "War in the South Pacific", as it actually had a pretty neat weather model (you could actually move your ships in behind fronts), and you could (rarely) capture enemy ships on the high seas... in the many hundreds of hours i played, i managed to capture 1 AP which was promptly sunk...

I also liked the amount of control you had over CV strikes.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4147
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/5/2011 11:47:19 PM   
EUBanana

quote:

The only dance i've seen them do is the 'ned scurry' which is preformed when they have been busted for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4148
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 12:56:23 PM   
Ossian

I think he stole my bike.

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 4149
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 3:56:41 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: EUBanana

quote:

The only dance i've seen them do is the 'ned scurry' which is preformed when they have been busted for something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scNLfr1EP08

Do they realize that they look like idiots?

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

(in reply to EUBanana)
Post #: 4150
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 4:09:03 PM   
Grollub

What do you mean, "look like"?

“Not mastering metaphores is like cooking pasta when the train is delayed"

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4151
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 4:14:18 PM   
Ossian

Nope. They're oblivious to it.

Speaking of ned idiots, I was at Edinburgh zoo with the GF years ago and we were at the Tiger enclosure, a beautiful big cat with eyes full of true intelligence was within, regarding the humans on the other side of the glass wall with something like utter disdain and it wasn't hard to see why. There was a full ned family: dad, mum, two kids all wrapped up in kappa tracksuits and nikes. Dad ned was banging away on the glass, regardless of the huge signs all over the place asking him to refrain from doing just that as it upsets the animals. After a minute or two he turns to me and says "This Lion's pure crap, by ra way. it wilnae bark or anything."

I hate zoos. The wrong creatures are always locked up in them.

Post #: 4152
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 4:22:14 PM   
Onime No Kyo

I'd suggest feeding the douche to the tiger, but the unfortunate kitty would probably get indigestion.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4153
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 5:13:54 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Speaking of ned idiots, I was at Edinburgh zoo with the GF years ago and we were at the Tiger enclosure, a beautiful big cat with eyes full of true intelligence was within, regarding the humans on the other side of the glass wall with something like utter disdain and it wasn't hard to see why. There was a full ned family: dad, mum, two kids all wrapped up in kappa tracksuits and nikes. Dad ned was banging away on the glass, regardless of the huge signs all over the place asking him to refrain from doing just that as it upsets the animals. After a minute or two he turns to me and says "This Lion's pure crap, by ra way. it wilnae bark or anything."

<recalls in horror at the thought that >50% of Americans have Scotch/Irish backgrounds>

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4154
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 5:24:59 PM   
Ossian

You wouldn't think we were a centre of the Enlightenment would you? Nor that we gave the world everything from modern economic theory, to golf to stockings to the blooming US navy!

Times is tough.

< Message edited by Ossian -- 3/6/2011 5:25:45 PM >

Post #: 4155
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 5:35:29 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

You wouldn't think we were a centre of the Enlightenment would you? Nor that we gave the world everything from modern economic theory, to golf to stockings to the blooming US navy!

Times is tough.

One hesitates to say this but one does have to consider there may have been a selection process in effect, with the most energetic and clever going to the New World and a ned-rich population left behind.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4156
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 5:37:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

On second thought..we have tens of millions of neds over here too. They call themselves Democrats.

Post #: 4157
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 5:42:31 PM   
Grollub

Concerning that Mothra business, this could be what they have in mind. Looks like the captain of Saratoga is about to have a "bad hair day".

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4158
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 6:44:28 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This is what happens with PDU on. Nice screenshot, by ra way.

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 4159
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 6:45:02 PM   
Cap Mandrake

With the audio

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4160
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 6:53:38 PM   
Grollub

quote:

This is what happens with PDU on. Nice screenshot, by ra way.

LOL! And thanks.

Post #: 4161
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 7:00:11 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

With the audio

Where is that? SF? Damn that thing has range!

Post #: 4162
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 7:02:26 PM   
Ossian

too far for torps, though. You're fine.

Post #: 4163
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 7:04:02 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

With the audio

Where is that? SF? Damn that thing has range!

The caption was "The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Saratoga (CV-3) off the Puget Sound Navy Yard, Washington (USA), 7 September 1944."

Post #: 4164
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 7:06:34 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

But considering that the "bombs" would probably be Morthra-sized turds (do moths poop?), I wouldnt say "fine" with such a light heart.

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4165
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 7:07:32 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grollub

The caption was "The U.S. Navy aircraft carrier USS Saratoga (CV-3) off the Puget Sound Navy Yard, Washington (USA), 7 September 1944."

Ah yes, WA.....how could I have missed the perpetually cloudy sky and a shoreline populated by miserable people?

(in reply to Grollub)
Post #: 4166
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 7:36:35 PM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

On second thought..we have tens of millions of neds over here too. They call themselves Democrats.

Really? Track pants tucked into tube socks makes you think of Democrats?

Post #: 4167
RE: Bad hair day - 3/6/2011 9:14:02 PM   
Grollub

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

But considering that the "bombs" would probably be Morthra-sized turds (do moths poop?), I wouldnt say "fine" with such a light heart.

I don't believe it. Someone actually asked that question (and got answers, both direct & related) about moth poop ...

http://www.chacha.com/question/do-moths-poop

Short answer - yes, moths poop. Guess you have to scale it up to Mothra-level for it to be 'effective' though

Post #: 4168
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 9:15:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Ossian,

What is the phylogenetic relationship between Neds and Gumbys? Is it as simple as one's a Scot the other an Englishman?

(in reply to Ossian)
Post #: 4169
RE: Wacht am Palembang - 3/6/2011 9:22:37 PM   
Ossian

What's a gumby? Is that some sort of chav?

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4170
Page:   <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> JN25 Page: <<   < prev  137 138 [139] 140 141   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI