Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pilot quality/replacements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Pilot quality/replacements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pilot quality/replacements - 3/24/2011 3:40:51 PM   
gradenko2k

When I get a new plane from replacements, what's the quality of the new guy flying it?

As well, can I actually run out of pilots? The manual doesn't really make a mention of how this works.
Post #: 1
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 3/24/2011 7:34:54 PM   
kaybayray

Hey Grad <S>

Great Questions.

The quality of the Pilot for Replacement AC depends on if both the Pilot and the AC are a Replacement of if the AC is just being replaced to a pilot that lost his, like from crashing on landing or bailing out over the channel or the continent and being recovered. << Bail over the channel Allied Pilots recovered, Bail of the Continent Luftwaffe Pilots recovered>>

For Pilots getting a replacement AC, their Morale takes a hit but not their Experience but their overall quality is degraded by losing the AC due to the Morale hit among other things under the hood you dont see. Pilots coming in as Replacements, will come in at a base level of Morale and Experience depending on the time and their Command.. IE Country. These will typically be lower than those you are currently flying.. there are exceptions of course. I am speaking very generally here.

Check the Morale and Experience of your Pilots mission to mission and see how they change. Then check those same stats of Replacement Pilots for an exact quantification. But generally you can expect the overall quality of Pilots coming in as Replacements to be lower than those currently in action.

Can you run out of Pilots? Yes you certainly can. A lot harder to accomplish with the Allies but it can be done. This is a very significant danger for the Luftwaffe. So I would recommend taking care how you carry out your campaign with respect to KIA and MIA totals over time.

Later,
KayBay

It's all Mind Over Matter....
If you dont mind... It dont matter

(in reply to gradenko2k)
Post #: 2
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 3/25/2011 9:18:27 PM   
lastdingo

I am in April '44 as Luftwaffe player and my replacement pilots (the ones with less than 5 missions so far) range anywhere from experience 50 to experience 75. That's quite confusing, I expected them to start at a more narrow band.

It's no problem for me, though.
The Ta 152C reduced my KIA to less than a per cent of my sorties, so even inept pilots can usually fly enough missions to become experts.
That seems to be the key to success for Luftwaffe in '44; get a great and versatile fighter soon and win the personnel side of the war.

(in reply to kaybayray)
Post #: 3
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 3/26/2011 7:04:19 PM   
lastdingo

http://img189.imageshack.us/i/70520515.jpg/

http://img64.imageshack.us/i/53768184.jpg/

These are my two top groups - both located near Bremen, haven't seen much action lately (may 44).

Look at the huge differences among the rookie (less than 10 missions flown) pilots.

Some are in the 50-58 exp bracket, others in the 70-74 exp bracket.

< Message edited by lastdingo -- 3/26/2011 7:10:41 PM >

(in reply to lastdingo)
Post #: 4
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 6/3/2011 4:56:12 PM   
Hard Sarge

look at there names, if it is a full name, it is a real pilot who has joined the unit and his exp is based on what he did during the war, if it is shorten name, then it is a AI pilot and it is based on unit, time and nation

(in reply to lastdingo)
Post #: 5
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 8/8/2011 12:43:54 AM   
Antonin

I've always wished we could edit the name file and add our own pilots. I'd love to add as pilots all my relatives who served in the war. I have friends who have relatives who served on the German side, and I'd love to add them as well.

(in reply to Hard Sarge)
Post #: 6
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 8/8/2011 5:41:58 AM   
histgamer

There was a period when they were allowing people to request that their name or their friends name would be included when they were first making this remake. I and a friend of mine are in this game... somewhere... I think I am a Lancaster pilot?

(in reply to Antonin)
Post #: 7
RE: Pilot quality/replacements - 8/8/2011 10:47:12 PM   
Antonin

I heard about that. Unfortunately that was before I discovered this game. I'm surprised that they did not make the name file an editable txt file, because I think most people who bought this game would want to add names to it.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich >> Pilot quality/replacements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI