Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Big Boy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Big Boy Page: <<   < prev  143 144 [145] 146 147   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Big Boy - 3/27/2011 2:59:24 PM   
Cap Mandrake

"....In them you'll find: one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings. Shoot, a fella' could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff."

Meanwhile, 3 games going right now and not a turn in my inbox. Santa Maria! Absolutely fearless coyote trotting around in the street...quite attractive for a coyote too....no mange. Maybe he is trying to get himself adopted. Mandrake out.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 4321
Olfaction - 3/27/2011 3:42:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This may begin to sound a little like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom but I took the quadripedal house destroyers out about 20min. after the coyote went by. When the got within about 20 ft of his track they went nuts, dragged me about 50 ft retrograde up his track and then circled twice and went back the right way sweeping back and forth about 4 feet on either side of his track as fast as they could drag me, even the part on the blacktop and it had rained lightly too.

I was pretty impressed. Imagine the advantage that must have been incurred when the ancestors of the Weegies first domesticated the wolf. This line is probably the one that moved to America.

Post #: 4322
RE: Olfaction - 3/27/2011 4:05:54 PM   
USSAmerica

Nah, not too "Marlan Perkins" for us.  

It's fun to be able to brag about how cool your "boys" are. 

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

Post #: 4323
Drop Kick Me Jesus - 3/27/2011 4:38:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4324
Add to your cart - 3/27/2011 8:18:41 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Just paid the second installment of property taxes. They used to be due in June, then last year the little bastards moved them up to April 15 so they could have the money 2 months earlier.

This year they moved it up to April 11, probably to try to trap a few tens of thousands into paying the 10% late penalty.

So I go to pay it online with electronic checking and on the County of Orange website they have one of those "Add to your cart" buttons with a shopping cart icon like it is Amazon and I am buying Christmas gifts.

I was wondering what else does the County of Orange have to sell besides property tax bills?.......... Well, I am now the proud owner of 3 bricks from the old county courthouse after the earthquake refit. Given their obvious historic value, I plan to add them to my 401-K plan and live like a Pasha when I retire. If instead, a zombie apocolypse ensues, they can double as projectiles for the trebuchet.

Send turn...now

Post #: 4325
RE: Add to your cart - 3/28/2011 12:56:15 AM   
Chickenboy

Are your 'goalposts of life' New Caledonia and Papua / New Guinea? Man, I'd find some better goalposts, dude.

ETA: As far as binary retirement scenarios go in Southern California, I'd wager on the Zombie apocalypse, dude. Be sensible and heed what the house told the new owners in "Amityville Horror".

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 3/28/2011 12:58:05 AM >

Post #: 4326
RE: Add to your cart - 3/28/2011 2:22:30 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

Just paid the second installment of property taxes. They used to be due in June, then last year the little bastards moved them up to April 15 so they could have the money 2 months earlier.

This year they moved it up to April 11, probably to try to trap a few tens of thousands into paying the 10% late penalty.

So I go to pay it online with electronic checking and on the County of Orange website they have one of those "Add to your cart" buttons with a shopping cart icon like it is Amazon and I am buying Christmas gifts.

I was wondering what else does the County of Orange have to sell besides property tax bills?.......... Well, I am now the proud owner of 3 bricks from the old county courthouse after the earthquake refit. Given their obvious historic value, I plan to add them to my 401-K plan and live like a Pasha when I retire. If instead, a zombie apocolypse ensues, they can double as projectiles for the trebuchet.

Send turn...now

You have a trebuchet? Thats taxable you know.

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 4327
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 2:27:47 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

This may begin to sound a little like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom but I took the quadripedal house destroyers out about 20min. after the coyote went by. When the got within about 20 ft of his track they went nuts, dragged me about 50 ft retrograde up his track and then circled twice and went back the right way sweeping back and forth about 4 feet on either side of his track as fast as they could drag me, even the part on the blacktop and it had rained lightly too.

I was pretty impressed. Imagine the advantage that must have been incurred when the ancestors of the Weegies first domesticated the wolf. This line is probably the one that moved to America.

Well, thats kinda what they do.

Somewhat off topic, I think you might need an intervention from this lady...

Attachment (1)

"Mighty is the Thread! Great are its works and insane are its inhabitants!" -Brother Mynok

Post #: 4328
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 3:06:12 AM   
rtrapasso

That dog either is really overweight or needs its thyroid checked for a goiter!

(in reply to Onime No Kyo)
Post #: 4329
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 3:37:53 AM   
Onime No Kyo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

I'm leaning towards "he just ate a mailman and he needs time to digest".

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4330
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 3:43:34 AM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Onime No Kyo

quote:

I'm leaning towards "he just ate a mailman and he needs time to digest".

Post #: 4331
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 4:25:44 AM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

Well, thats kinda what they do.

Somewhat off topic, I think you might need an intervention from this lady...

A cute dog whisperer maybe? I'd like to XXXX XXX XXXX XXX XX XXX XXXXXX XXXXX <redacted for reasons of operational security>

Besides, you can't blame the dogs for getting excited when on the hot trail of a coyote.....although I am not so keen on the scent marking on the carpet.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/28/2011 4:26:17 AM >

Post #: 4332
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 4:35:32 AM   
Cap Mandrake

***********August 6, 1942************

Oz: P-38 recon find 23K WJD and 40 fighters and 40 bombers at Port Headland. Geraldton is about 3.5 on airfield size and buidlind fast. East African Brigade arriving Perth in a few days. JJ reconned Geraldton today. They certainly suspect something is up.

Drop Kick Me Jesus: First raid to close PM goes well. First PBY recon over Lunga reveals no CAP. Intel not good enough to see what the airfield has. There is a Jap sub near Brisbane that might spot the carriers moving North if it has one of those annoying Glens.

Fiji: The bombers did not fly again. Halsey is going to be pissed. A Jap sub sank an AK and PC 120 SE of Suva.

Post #: 4333
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 12:37:39 PM   
sprior

I have no idea what's going on.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 4334
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 2:10:52 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Have you tried Jojoba beans?

The turns are so slow you are intermingling the new campaign game you are starting....or it really could be you need Jojoba beans.

Here is the skinny.

Drop Kick Me Jesus is just a redecorating project to put some engineers and a Regt of Marines on Rossel. This will:

1) Show the US carriers in the Coral sea.

2) Perhaps cause them to move resources East from your planned area of attack.

3) Establish an airfield athwart the westerly approach to New Scotland.

4) Briefly shut down Port Moresby airfield and perhaps Suva.

5) Maybe sink some Jap transports.

6) Expand marketing opportunities for M&M Enterprises.

Assuming I dont get anything important sunk, the carriers, along with some more AP's will recover to Sydney and thence toward Perth. The RN carriers and the RN BB (I forget the name...HMS Probity...no..HMS Incongruity...no...Repulse..that's it!) at Wellington will be coming West once some more DD's arrive at Wellington.

Then, I believe, you were planning to "win the war" in one decisive operation.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/28/2011 2:21:27 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4335
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 5:08:53 PM   
sprior

Doesn't that also put them behind, in front of and next to ours too?

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 4336
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 6:12:59 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

Yes, quite. We will be in a position of mutual athwartness. The idea is to get 25-50K supplies ashore, a Rgt of Marines, a Marine Def Bn and engineers ashore and build fast. The carriers will have to provide air cover for 2d..maybe 3. I have some naval support chaps to fly in by PBY first.

Let's say it works and an airfield is established, I will allow there will still be issues:

1) Zeroes may sweep every day from Lunga and we will end up with an air attrition battle.

2) JJ may start a naval bombardment shuttle toward Rossel

3) They may get really bothered and send 2 divisions to retake the island.

All of these options require Jap resources that cant be used somewhere else.

In the absence of an offensive action, JJ will fortify their perimeter and SoPac has substantial resources sitting on their thumbs perhaps untilt he APA's are ready and we can go after atolls.

If you give the thumbs down, I can just do a carrier raid to the northern Coral Sea and could even send the troops embarked around to help in SOW?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4337
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 6:17:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Nah, it's not too bad. They're called dewlaps, rtrapasso. Loose folds of skin commonly found in the neck region of some breeds of dogs. Just because it's some dangly bit on the dog doesn't mean it's fat or has a goiter.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4338
RE: Add to your cart - 3/28/2011 6:19:15 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

Send turn...now

You have a trebuchet? Thats taxable you know.

Not according to the NTA. You know-the ones with the bumper stickers that say, "You can have my trebuchet when you pry it from my cold dead fingers."

Post #: 4339
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 6:20:03 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

So things are back to normal with this thread?

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 4340
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 6:21:08 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Nah, it's not too bad. They're called dewlaps, rtrapasso. Loose folds of skin commonly found in the neck region of some breeds of dogs. Just because it's some dangly bit on the dog doesn't mean it's fat or has a goiter.

Maybe -but that dog looks really overweight... perhaps it is solid muscle, but i'm betting not.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4341
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 9:39:40 PM   
moore4807

[/quote]
Maybe -but that dog looks really overweight... perhaps it is solid muscle, but i'm betting not.
[/quote]

My neighbor has one of those brutes... trust me its NOT fat! Moose (his real name) is about 120 lbs and decides when HE wants to get out of the yard... by lowering his head and ramming the fence! I don't have the words to do justice of the explosion a wood fence makes while morphing into matchsticks when he does this.

I also had the pleasure of him deciding to "get" my dinner plate at an outing one night. I'm 6'3" and over 300lbs and he hip checked my legs right out from underneath me... by the time I got to a sitting position my "dinner" of a 1/4 lb cheeseburger and two hot dogs were just a slobbery memory as he GRINNED at me! (yes I'm an animal lover - but he is just unstoppable!) He looks very similar to the pix of the dog so beware if you actually see one Sadly Moose's owner does NOT look anything like the Hot Babe in the pix though!

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4342
RE: Olfaction - 3/28/2011 10:03:21 PM   
witpqs

That extra skin is courtesy warning to would be adversaries - it tells them "there is room in here for you!"

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4343
RE: Olfaction - 3/29/2011 12:47:21 PM   
rtrapasso

quote:

ORIGINAL: moore4807

quote:

My neighbor has one of those brutes... trust me its NOT fat! Moose (his real name) is about 120 lbs and decides when HE wants to get out of the yard... by lowering his head and ramming the fence! I don't have the words to do justice of the explosion a wood fence makes while morphing into matchsticks when he does this.

I also had the pleasure of him deciding to "get" my dinner plate at an outing one night. I'm 6'3" and over 300lbs and he hip checked my legs right out from underneath me... by the time I got to a sitting position my "dinner" of a 1/4 lb cheeseburger and two hot dogs were just a slobbery memory as he GRINNED at me! (yes I'm an animal lover - but he is just unstoppable!) He looks very similar to the pix of the dog so beware if you actually see one Sadly Moose's owner does NOT look anything like the Hot Babe in the pix though!

Well, i am very familiar with Rotties (Rottweilers)... this one still looks overweight. Of course, they say the camera adds 20 pounds, but then we need to know exactly how many cameras this beast swallowed.

(in reply to moore4807)
Post #: 4344
RE: Olfaction - 3/29/2011 3:15:47 PM   
Itdepends

There was a dog in that photo? (goes back and checks)- huh- so there was.

(in reply to rtrapasso)
Post #: 4345
RE: Big Boy - 3/29/2011 4:27:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Dew laps are OK on Rottweilers, but they don't look good on women.

I think there was a 50's song were the backup singers sang "dew lap, dew lap". I think it was the Roundels or the Shylarks or something like that.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 3/29/2011 4:28:46 PM >

Post #: 4346
RE: Big Boy - 3/29/2011 4:37:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Attachment (1)

Post #: 4347
RE: Olfaction - 3/29/2011 8:02:53 PM   
perkinh

Marines for bait again? Where is "Howling Mad" or " Chesty" when you need some REMFs booty kicked? But if it works out it can be another nice page in the recruiting brochure.

quote:

quote:

Yes, quite. We will be in a position of mutual athwartness. The idea is to get 25-50K supplies ashore, a Rgt of Marines, a Marine Def Bn and engineers ashore and build fast. The carriers will have to provide air cover for 2d..maybe 3. I have some naval support chaps to fly in by PBY first.

Let's say it works and an airfield is established, I will allow there will still be issues:

1) Zeroes may sweep every day from Lunga and we will end up with an air attrition battle.

2) JJ may start a naval bombardment shuttle toward Rossel

3) They may get really bothered and send 2 divisions to retake the island.

All of these options require Jap resources that cant be used somewhere else.

In the absence of an offensive action, JJ will fortify their perimeter and SoPac has substantial resources sitting on their thumbs perhaps untilt he APA's are ready and we can go after atolls.

If you give the thumbs down, I can just do a carrier raid to the northern Coral Sea and could even send the troops embarked around to help in SOW?

One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine.... is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine

Post #: 4348
Fling - 3/29/2011 10:16:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I stopped getting emails for "Meet Christian Singles in Your Area" and now am getting emails from some dating site called "Fling" with a title like "3 girls in your area want to send you nude pictures".

Apparently they consulted a marketing type who advised a more brash approach. I considered clicking on it but I am pretty sure Stalker Girl figured out how to use the "history" button on Firefox.

Post #: 4349
RE: Olfaction - 3/29/2011 10:18:08 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gabede

Marines for bait again? Where is "Howling Mad" or " Chesty" when you need some REMFs booty kicked? But if it works out it can be another nice page in the recruiting brochure.

I don't think "bait" is quite fair. Honestly, it was the mayor of Wellington who first asked for the deployment of the Marines.

(in reply to perkinh)
Post #: 4350
Page:   <<   < prev  143 144 [145] 146 147   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Big Boy Page: <<   < prev  143 144 [145] 146 147   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI