Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Longer to Load AO/TK's than AP/AK's?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Longer to Load AO/TK's than AP/AK's? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Longer to Load AO/TK's than AP/AK's? - 9/18/2002 10:54:56 AM   
Admiral DadMan

Is it me, or does it take 3 times as long to load an AO/TK with fuel than an AK/AP with supplies?

I never noticed it before, but it took me 3 DAYS to load ONE AO with fuel!!

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:
Post #: 1
- 9/18/2002 11:33:11 AM   
Crocky

Max capacity of AP/AK = 3000

Max capacity of AO/TK is between 4-8000 thats why it takes so long to load

Mike Blair CROCKY

(in reply to Admiral DadMan)
Post #: 2
- 9/18/2002 6:14:20 PM   
HARD_SARGE

Hi Crocky
yes the one is a bigger load, but it is a different form of loading ? your not useing crains and porters to carry and place stuff, never been on a AO, but isn't "basicly" a number of fuel tanks ?

HARD_Sarge

Post #: 3
- 9/18/2002 7:01:31 PM   
Admiral DadMan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Crocky
[B]Max capacity of AP/AK = 3000

Max capacity of AO/TK is between 4-8000 [/B][/QUOTE]
Agreed, but shouldn't 2 TF's of equal load sizes should take the same length of time to load?

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

Post #: 4
- 9/18/2002 11:40:00 PM   
NorthStar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Admiral DadMan
[B]
Agreed, but shouldn't 2 TF's of equal load sizes should take the same length of time to load? [/B][/QUOTE]

Not necessarily.

I would think it would be faster to load, say, two 1500 capacity AKs than one 3000 capacity AK. Primarily because: 1) a smaller load should be eaiser to pack and 2) two separate loading crews with cranes can work in the first case.

Just my opinion, though. I don't know how the game does it.

Post #: 5
- 9/19/2002 8:18:05 PM   
BPRE

[QUOTE]I would think it would be faster to load, say, two 1500 capacity AKs than one 3000 capacity AK. Primarily because: 1) a smaller load should be
eaiser to pack and 2) two separate loading crews with cranes can work in the first case. [/QUOTE]

That's definitely the case in the game. Depending on the port size (and damage) the game mechanics seems to allocate a certain amount of capacity per ship that it's able to load. As an example I think around 1400 in a size 8/9 port. So after a day a 1500 AK/AP is fully loaded and has moved one or more hexes already while a 3000 AP still has 200 to go.

/BPRE

Post #: 6
Ship Type Also has Effect - 9/19/2002 8:29:15 PM   
foliveti

I have noticed that ship type also seems to have an effect on loading and undloading. For example, an AK seems to unload supplies faster than an AP of the same size. Fuel onto TK or AO seems to take longer than supplies. I thought that was on purpose.

Frank

Post #: 7
Response... - 9/19/2002 9:18:12 PM   
Erik Rutins

Foliveti, et. al.,

As far as I know, that is indeed by design.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 8
- 9/19/2002 11:15:32 PM   
Yamamoto

So what erxactly are the load rates for AK, AP, TK, and AO type ships? I've always assumed that AKs are just crappy versions of APs. I think APs load at 200 points per port size per day, but I'm not sure.

Yamamoto

Post #: 9
- 9/19/2002 11:22:25 PM   
NorthStar

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Yamamoto
[B]So what erxactly are the load rates for AK, AP, TK, and AO type ships? I've always assumed that AKs are just crappy versions of APs. I think APs load at 200 points per port size per day, but I'm not sure.

Yamamoto [/B][/QUOTE]

Some people in other threads have indicated that it appears that AKs load supplies faster than troops, while APs load troops faster than supplies.

If so, this would be logical, since that is the difference between them: AKs are designed to haul supplies, but can carry troops, while APs are designed to haul troops, but can carry supplies.

Looks like someone out there withe time on their hands needs to run a contolled test, and let the rest of us know the results.

By the way, I've noticed that damage level also effects loading speed.

Post #: 10
- 9/20/2002 12:21:54 AM   
XPav

I can confirm that AKs load supplies faster, APs load troops faster.

This is why, for the most effeciency, transport TFs should only include one type of ship. That way, there is no time spent waiting.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Post #: 11
- 9/20/2002 3:34:31 AM   
Yamamoto

Japanese don't get any AKs, right? At least, I've never seen any.

Yamamoto

Post #: 12
- 9/20/2002 4:34:21 AM   
XPav

That is true. Only APs are in the reinforcement list.

So then, do Japanese APs suffer a cargo loading/unloading penalty? If so, is this historically valid?

I love it when a plan comes together.

Post #: 13
- 9/20/2002 4:41:04 AM   
estaban

Well, historically the allies had a higher level of productivity in their logistical operations than the Japanese did.

As for the game, the loading and unloading rates depend on the size of the port you are working with.

I do agree that it is a little fishy to think that a port is better able to unload 15-20 smaller cargo ships than 4-5 big ones. It would be nice if the rate was a combination of a cap for total loading/unloading capacity at the port, and some consideration that it was probably easier to unload smaller ships than larger ones.

Post #: 14
- 9/20/2002 4:52:50 AM   
mikel

It appears that a number of factors (including port size, port damage, ship type, and cargo type) affect loading and unloading rates. My experiments (all with no port damage) found the following:

1. Loading/Unloading supplies: AK’s can load 50% faster than AP’s. For example, in a port size 9, an AK will load 2105 supplies per day while an AP will load 1410. Both seem to unload at a slightly slower rate versus loading although AK’s remain 50% faster than AP’s. For example, in a port size 9, an AK will unload 1930 supplies per day while an AP will unload 1300.

2. Fuel: AO/TK load fuel 100% faster than AP/AK. For example, in a port size 9, AO/TK will load 2000 fuel per day while AP/AK is 1000. AO/TK unload at the same rate they load but AP/AK unload at 2/3 their loading rate. For example, in a port size 9, AO/TK will unload 2000 fuel per day while AP/AK is 666.

3. Troops: Troop loading/unloading rates are very complex. All other things being equal, slightly more appears to be loaded on the first day then on subsequent days! Also, load cost is NOT the only factor affecting the rate. For example, it appears to take twice as long to load the same Motorized Support load points as it does to load regular Support points. On the other hand, Infantry Squad load points seem to load faster than regular Support points. Each weapon type seems to have its own rate per support point with artillery and vehicles being the slowest .

I have a table for loading/unloading rates for fuel and supplies by port size but I’m unable to attach it. Unfortunately, after my disastrous attempt one month ago to cut and paste a table to my post with port/airfield/fortification expansion rates (it was hideously unreadable), I don’t plan on trying that again.

Post #: 15
Spooky's Website - 9/20/2002 11:36:03 PM   
NorthStar

Mikel,

I'd love to see that table of yours.

If you can't attach it to a post, maybe you can contact Spooky and he would be willing to post it on his fansite?

Post #: 16
- 9/21/2002 12:41:52 AM   
mikel

Thanks to Spooky, the Excel workbook (only 15 KB) is posted on his website.

In my previous post, I forgot to mention that for TROOPS AP's load at about the same rate as AK's, but AP's unload troops twice as fast as AK's.

Post #: 17
- 9/21/2002 12:51:22 AM   
Spooky

The Mikel's spreadsheet is in the website files section ...

BTW, Mikel's table about base expansion is available in the UV FAQ/Strategy guide ... and it is readable :cool:

Spooky

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Longer to Load AO/TK's than AP/AK's? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI