Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Release date for AT Gold?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Release date for AT Gold? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/9/2011 1:01:21 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grymme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Thank you, much appreciated. Gives us a feel of the game, a sneak peek so to say.
Toms scenarios are A+ in my book, and everyone else's book too I guess.
But, I'd also really really would like it to see Grymme's scenarios included, they're A+ too, don't know if that would be possible though given that they are written for AT, and not AT Gold.

Thanks Josh. All AT-scenarios will be possible to load in ATG so all old scenarios including mine will be playable in ATG. They can also be updated and changed in the ATG editor. I am close to being finished with my bigest project yet, FITE. Unfortunatly with changes in hotmail and gmail attachment policy i dont have any distribution channel. Any ideas is welcome.

Well I've said this before and I'll say it again, you should be hired as a scenario designer and your scenarios should be included in AT-AT Gold. Or maybe as an expansion pack. That way it's easier for customers such as myself who *always* end up with three different game maps on two harddisk partitions, and files all over the place and the game *still* gives an error message LOL. (such as missing BMP file, or whatever).
Sure I've d/l many scenarios/mods and many worked fine, but many didn't work for various reasons...

Same for your FitE scenario, the game would definitely benefit having a scenario like that, it should be in the game (IMHO). Maybe it's possible to strike a deal with Victor, or Matrix? Burn all the scenarios on a CD and charge 10 bucks or so.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 31
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/9/2011 7:27:14 PM   
Jeffrey H.

One of the improvements I've advocated for in the past is for a streamlined way to integrate mods and scenarios. Or at lease some very clear instructions. I've had similar problems Josh.

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 32
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/9/2011 10:02:06 PM   
GrumpyMel

quote:

quote:

Thank you, much appreciated. Gives us a feel of the game, a sneak peek so to say.
But, I'd also really really would like it to see Grymme's scenarios included, they're A+ too, don't know if that would be possible though given that they are written for AT, and not AT Gold.

Thanks Josh. All AT-scenarios will be possible to load in ATG so all old scenarios including mine will be playable in ATG. They can also be updated and changed in the ATG editor. I am close to being finished with my bigest project yet, FITE. Unfortunatly with changes in hotmail and gmail attachment policy i dont have any distribution channel. Any ideas is welcome.

Grymme,

Gmail seems to be pretty dumb about how it enforces it's new attachment policy...it doesn't scan the file, justs checks the file extension. So you can zip up whatever you like...rename the .zip extension to something not on it's prohibited list and send it out. Just make sure to instruct the recipient to change the extension back to the correct type after they've downloaded it. I tested it out myself...it works.

(in reply to Grymme)
Post #: 33
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/10/2011 3:31:39 PM   
elmo3

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

yeah. hold tight. info should be released really soon now.

best,
vic

Like today maybe?

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 34
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/10/2011 7:40:47 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrumpyMel

quote:

quote:

Grymme,

Gmail seems to be pretty dumb about how it enforces it's new attachment policy...it doesn't scan the file, justs checks the file extension. So you can zip up whatever you like...rename the .zip extension to something not on it's prohibited list and send it out. Just make sure to instruct the recipient to change the extension back to the correct type after they've downloaded it. I tested it out myself...it works.

Believe it or not, I'm back to using Yahoo for PBEM games. For a while it was very bad with attachments it couldn't digest now it simply issues a prompt for the user to accept and leaves it alone after that.

Not more goofing around with extensions for phoney zip files or any of that jazz.

Ron Swanson

(in reply to GrumpyMel)
Post #: 35
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/11/2011 2:32:50 PM   
kondor

Yeah, I opened gmail a while back only because yahoo had problems with attachments...
Back to important stuff:

1. I would really like to see replay option but in a manner that you don't have to start your turn afterwords... Just to see what your opp. had done and move along, plan your strat. & play it out later when you can.
Or a way to save game midturn (even better), if is it humanly possible please.

2. Some kind of a visual change in veteran/crack troops, even if it is only a star on their picture/slightly change in colour...

3. Small discount for existing AT gamers would be nice...

4. I now that visuals are not high priority in making a decent PBEM game and I haven't seen anything but alpha?/beta SS images, but I would like more realistic graphics (WITE looks great), so Vic, please leave a option to change that in some future mod/patch...

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 36
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/11/2011 3:31:58 PM   
Tac2i

Re 1: In AI games you can do this but not in Human vs Human games.

Re 2: Modders might be able to accomplish this.

Re 3: Matrix Games decision...

Re 4: Definitely something that modders will very likely work on.

Generally speaking almost everything in ATG can be modified with the editor.

quote:

ORIGINAL: kondor

Yeah, I opened gmail a while back only because yahoo had problems with attachments...
Back to important stuff:

1. I would really like to see replay option but in a manner that you don't have to start your turn afterwords... Just to see what your opp. had done and move along, plan your strat. & play it out later when you can.
Or a way to save game midturn (even better), if is it humanly possible please.

2. Some kind of a visual change in veteran/crack troops, even if it is only a star on their picture/slightly change in colour...

3. Small discount for existing AT gamers would be nice...

4. I now that visuals are not high priority in making a decent PBEM game and I haven't seen anything but alpha?/beta SS images, but I would like more realistic graphics (WITE looks great), so Vic, please leave a option to change that in some future mod/patch...

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to kondor)
Post #: 37
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/11/2011 7:48:24 PM   
Hexagon

Well, i expect a discount (at least one small as prize for AT owners) and on graphics... i only want a decent map (maybe i prefer DC map but of course this is a specific game) and good images for units, photos or draws, and a good way to see organizations easy (with highlight or colours... and bar are for me to thin).

PD: waiting more screen shoots... and the game of course

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 38
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/12/2011 1:09:14 AM   
sabre1

So did the tutorial get redone?

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 39
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/12/2011 3:07:45 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: sabre1

So did the tutorial get redone?

That's a must in my opinion. The one for AT was pretty tiny, while we as seasoned AT players probably well get to know the game soon enough, new ATG players surely would appreciate a more lengthy tutorial.
And while we're at it, a tutorial written as an AAR would be nice too.

(in reply to sabre1)
Post #: 40
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/21/2011 11:57:14 PM   
elmo3

Days, week, months?  Inquiring minds want to know.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 41
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/22/2011 12:48:13 PM   
Tac2i

I can't answer for Matrix Games but my guess, as I stated earlier, is that we should see this game released very soon. Perhaps only a matter of a couple of weeks at this point.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elmo3

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 42
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/22/2011 3:55:52 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

I can't answer for Matrix Games but my guess, as I stated earlier, is that we should see this game released very soon. Perhaps only a matter of a couple of weeks at this point.

quote:

That's my best guess too. Vic didn't answer your question, which is an answer in itself too, because it means it won't be released within two weeks or so. Seeing the screenies it won't be three months either. Ergo, somewhere in the middle, a month-six weeks.

(ofcourse I want it every day I log in ....)

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 43
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/22/2011 5:35:04 PM   
Vic

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Webizen

quote:

That's my best guess too. Vic didn't answer your question, which is an answer in itself too, because it means it won't be released within two weeks or so. Seeing the screenies it won't be three months either. Ergo, somewhere in the middle, a month-six weeks.

(ofcourse I want it every day I log in ....)

basicly i am not saying anything since it is matrix final call. but i would say a release within a month is more or less possible (no promise)

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 44
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/22/2011 8:57:06 PM   
elmo3

Thanks.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 45
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/22/2011 9:06:54 PM   
rjh1971

What ever the date, it's a sure buy for me the moment I see it's released

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 46
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/23/2011 10:13:55 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: 82ndtrooper

Vic has really devoted time and effort to making sure that this manual is a good well written, informative one.

This is good news.

Presumably the wiki will go live when the game is released?

(in reply to 82ndtrooper)
Post #: 47
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/25/2011 5:56:48 PM   
Tac2i

Hmmmm, I think we are getting very close to release. Vic, the game designer, is scheduled for a developers online chat on March 27/28 and my ATG AAR was just published on wargamer.com. I'm guessing my 'within a couple of weeks' of release is probably not to far fetched. Of course, only Matrix Games knows for sure.

< Message edited by Webizen -- 3/26/2011 12:09:05 AM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to CSO_Talorgan)
Post #: 48
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/28/2011 7:43:05 PM   
Tac2i

Eric Rutins (Matrix Games) just announced in a Developers online chat with the ATG developer, Vic, that ATG will likely be released in the first half of April. He also mentioned that they are planning on a $15 discount for existing owners of AT. That is a nice discount!

< Message edited by Webizen -- 3/28/2011 8:30:24 PM >

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 49
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/28/2011 9:38:39 PM   
Josh

First half of April? 15$ discount? Gosh, that's good news.
Anyways, the release is much sooner than I thought.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 50
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/29/2011 12:39:02 AM   
Jeffrey H.

Shweet !

Ron Swanson

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 51
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/29/2011 8:54:01 AM   
DasTactic

Looking forward to this release. :)

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 52
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/29/2011 8:13:55 PM   
freeboy

now now now we want it now.. the funny thing is I will be super busy when this gets released! may not get it.. but WANT to, if it was out today I would get it as I have some free time now! lol
no worries, glad this is coming out and its always better to get it right the first time, too many companies rush crap out the door...
I will be patient!

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 53
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/30/2011 1:31:48 PM   
british exil

can't wait to buy it. But I'm moving from a flat to house in mid April, lots of work to be done so no fun in sight when it comes to gameing.Will be able to enjoy from mid May to beginning June.

But will still order the physical shipment, that will take some time till it arrives.

Mat

"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 54
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/30/2011 4:58:00 PM   
Hexagon

A little question, how works the discount??? i register AT some days ago (buy it... 1 or 2 years ago)... i receive a the code for discount or what??? thanks.

(in reply to british exil)
Post #: 55
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/30/2011 5:57:47 PM   
Tac2i

I'm not sure exactly how it works but I'm sure Matrix will provide that info at the time of ATG's release. Eric Rutins said they would use their normal coupon code system.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

A little question, how works the discount??? i register AT some days ago (buy it... 1 or 2 years ago)... i receive a the code for discount or what??? thanks.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 56
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/30/2011 6:19:08 PM   
Steely Glint

$15 discount for existing AT owners? SOLD!

Every time Matrix irritates me by running waaaaaay late on some game (no, I am not talking about ATG here), they then proceed to do something decent like this and I suddenly remember why I am a long-time customer and why I have purchased so many Matrix titles.

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 57
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 3/31/2011 10:31:58 AM   
papajack

April ?? How about this weekend .....

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 58
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 4/7/2011 9:15:52 AM   
Husker50

From the Main Matrix page release date is tomorrow 4/8/2011
OUTSTANDING!!

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 59
RE: Release date for AT Gold? - 4/7/2011 9:42:25 AM   
TheArchduke

A nice way to show gratitude to existing customers.

(in reply to Husker50)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> RE: Release date for AT Gold? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI