Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mine device numbers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Mine device numbers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mine device numbers - 4/9/2011 6:24:14 PM   
Bradley7735

Hi guys,

Does anyone know what the device numbers are for the mines that are placed at the first turn ports?

I play vs the AI, and I'm tired of the IJN losing 20 ships to the mines at Bataan, once it falls. I want to change the effect of the mines located at HK, Singers, Bataan, Manila, etc to 0, and then create new devices that ships will use, if they happen to use the same mines that start the game at ports.

Thanks for any information you can give.

bc

The older I get, the better I was.
Post #: 1
RE: Mine device numbers - 4/9/2011 6:56:12 PM   
Don Bowen

Japanese = T4.
US or Philippine Base = Mk6.
British, Australian, New Zealand, Indian, Commonwealth, Canadian = Mk XVII ****
Dutch = VH2 ***
All Others = Mk6.

*** for scenarios that start after 1942, Dutch use Mk XVII.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 2
RE: Mine device numbers - 4/9/2011 7:24:09 PM   
Bradley7735

Thanks a million, Don.

Can you please tell me what mines are used by aircraft? Or tell me how to look at the editor to determine what mines are dopped by aircraft?

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Mine device numbers - 4/13/2011 7:59:03 PM   
USSAmerica

I hope Bradley doesn't mind me piggy backing on his thread, but I have a related mine question.  For the stock scenarios is there a list anywhere of which platforms use a given mine device type?  I know I can go from ship/sub class to mine device type, but I have some mines in my pools that I don't know how to make use of.  Thanks!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 4
RE: Mine device numbers - 4/13/2011 8:11:02 PM   
JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America
I hope Bradley doesn't mind me piggy backing on his thread, but I have a related mine question.  For the stock scenarios is there a list anywhere of which platforms use a given mine device type?  I know I can go from ship/sub class to mine device type, but I have some mines in my pools that I don't know how to make use of.  Thanks!

Bit of a witch, Mike, because there are lots of ships that are capable of carrying mines as "special" mines; ships that don't normally carry mines, but are able to technically have a minelaying mission, and have a "mine" device in the special weapon slot #9, with special numeric values in the ammo and armor fields.

To say nothing about all the subs, on both sides, that can preferrentially load certain mines in their torpedo tubes. And they are all different. Every nation loads different types, and at different times in the war.

Can you say woof !!!

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 5
RE: Mine device numbers - 4/13/2011 8:27:24 PM   
Tijanski

quote:

ORIGINAL: JWE

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Bit of a witch, Mike, because there are lots of ships that are capable of carrying mines as "special" mines; ships that don't normally carry mines, but are able to technically have a minelaying mission, and have a "mine" device in the special weapon slot #9, with special numeric values in the ammo and armor fields.

To say nothing about all the subs, on both sides, that can preferrentially load certain mines in their torpedo tubes. And they are all different. Every nation loads different types, and at different times in the war.

Can you say woof !!!

so what does this say about mine productions and what is in the pools?

(in reply to JWE)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Mine device numbers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI