Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I can't bombard

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> I can't bombard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 10:17:41 PM   
DonkeyShow

Hey game folk!

So I'm playing the Boskara, and I have destroyers equiped with the Shaktur Firestorm. It's supposed to be an attack and bombard weapon, and my ship designs show a bombard damage value.

I sent out a fleet to blast a planet and I got nothing. They fire up the engines and for a split second it says "attack xxxx". Then it immediately goes back to "no mission" and they just sit there.

I tried it with the whole fleet and with individual ships. I also tried clicking on the planet when it had the red crosshairs icon and right clicking and selecting bombard from the drop down menu.

Discuss....
Post #: 1
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 10:23:02 PM   
Data

Welcome to the forum DonkeyShow
Does it have a shield? You can't bombard in that case and the only options are planetary invasions or the mor peaceful WD

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 2
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 10:35:37 PM   
DonkeyShow

Wow you're quick.... that positronic thing must be workin for ya. Congrats on your outstanding beard.

I am fairly new to the game so ummmm... I don't actually know what a shield indicator would look like yet. I looked all over the planet data and couldn't find anything to distinguish it from any other planet. Then I went to my agents to see if the planetary shield tech was a available to steal. It was not.

So I am assuming they don't have it. The planet belongs to the Zenox, if that matters. I do note that their "megatron" shield was not listed to steal. Does that protect planets?

edit - I'm wrong, it's 'ultra fast shield recharging" and it is on the list of tecks to steal.

< Message edited by DonkeyShow -- 4/16/2011 10:44:17 PM >

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.... those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 3
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 10:48:37 PM   
cookie monster

Click on the planet

In the detail window in the lower lh corner

Does the planet have a ''Planetary Shield'' listed as a facility?

If it did the planet would also have a bright blue glow to the atmosphere.

Some guys had probs with bombarding at x4 game speed

drop the game speed down to normal and give it a go

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 4
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 10:58:40 PM   
DonkeyShow

Cool thanks Mister Monster.

I'm running at normal speed. Facilities says (none). And no blue glowiness present.

I also went and edited my ship design to don't invade, invade when clear, and invade immediately. It let me edit and save that part even though I already had ships built. None of them changed the behavior.

Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive.... those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 5
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 11:05:42 PM   
cookie monster

Upload the save as a bug report and I'll take a look.

See the stickied ''How to upload saves'' thread.

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 6
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 11:08:04 PM   
DonkeyShow

kk thanks

Post #: 7
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 11:42:56 PM   
DonkeyShow

Okay the save file is: DonkeyShow sad no boom

and I'm trying to bomb the only Zenox colony in the system with my only fleet.

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 8
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 11:48:49 PM   
cookie monster

I just tried my first ever bombard and it worked fine. I didn't expect the troop carrying Capitals to drop off troops also.

In your bombarding ship design screen do you have a bombard figure reported under weapons?

I have highlighted them in the attached screenshot.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 9
RE: I can't bombard - 4/16/2011 11:58:18 PM   
DonkeyShow

Yup! My ships say they be abombinable.

I got a planetary killin value of 48, in theory anyways. They just need to go killin planets now.

Post #: 10
RE: I can't bombard - 4/17/2011 12:04:34 AM   
cookie monster

I uploaded your save.

I initially had problems setting up the bombard. Only one ship carried out the attack.

What I did next was tell the ships to move to the planet under control right click and ''engage when attacked''.

When next to the planet I control right clicked bombard planet under options.

First fleet then succesfully bombarded the planet.

Next something surprising happened...

But I'm not gonna tellya!

I'm glad I could clear up the clunky interface issue for you.

Now let's kick some ass with ''The Bad Ass Bugs Empire''.

His name not mine.

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 11
RE: I can't bombard - 4/17/2011 12:12:18 AM   
DonkeyShow

Huh?!?!

So I just need to massage the controls a little different. Well thanks for your time sir, I thought I was getting shafted.

You prolly noticed why the "Bad Ass Bugs" want that system so quick. What with that little planet Zantabia next door and all.

Post #: 12
RE: I can't bombard - 4/17/2011 6:55:36 AM   
Data

ohoo, zentabia deserves all the massaging
there are indeed some known interface quirks....but that makes you now a veteran of interface management

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to DonkeyShow)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> I can't bombard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI