Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?" No Oleg

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?" No Oleg Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/16/2011 11:59:25 PM   
Senno

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senno

Hmm, not quite flat-lined, it seems.

After reading about the collapse of BA's and Oleg's game, I decided to contact Oleg to see if he wanted to resurrect this game. He has agreed, so we will continue playing.

Good to see you back - we all need more data from players and more good AARs!

Leo "Apollo11"

Thanks Apollo.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 271
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/21/2011 8:31:18 PM   
Senno

Turn 17:

AGN:

Soviet forces in the Leningrad pocket are isolated and the Finns link up and begin heading south.

18th Army begins setting defenses on the Volkhov, digging in until the Finns arrive and 18th army can filter south.

Elements of Fourth Panzer has also linked up with the Finns east of Lake Ladoga. The Finns head south, meeting light screening forces on the Oyat and Pasha Rivers.

L Corps of Second Army moves onto the rail line, and will rail towards their winter quarters next turn.

I expect a general offensive along the front, with Pskov being a major objective, along with Leningrad.

2 Corps of Second Army remain south of Lake Ilmen digging in further, with defenses extending down south along the Pola River.

I am intending to set defenses along the Pola/Volga line, linking up with AGC at the Northern Volga River vicinity.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Senno -- 4/21/2011 8:32:09 PM >

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 272
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/21/2011 8:57:13 PM   
Senno

Turn 17:

AGC:

Ninth Army sets defenses along the Volga. Trying out the linebacker defense this game. At least where I have forces to set it up.

Once the Finns arrive in place, heavy forces of AGN will shift south taking their winter quarters. I need to tie in with AGN/2nd Army, and prepare for a general offensive. I anticipate my rail line through Smolensk (finally reached Vyazma this turn) to be a major objective.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Senno -- 4/21/2011 8:59:07 PM >

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 273
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/21/2011 10:16:15 PM   
Senno

Turn 17:

AGC:

Fourth army begins setting up a linebacker defense, and ties in with elements of Seventeenth Army northeast of Chernigov.

Second Panzer, along with Third Panzer withdraws from the late drive on Moscow. The need to set defenses for the coming blizzard is great. The mobile forces are still in good to great shape, and will be ready to respond to the expected massive counter-attacks.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Senno -- 4/21/2011 10:19:49 PM >

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 274
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/21/2011 11:09:06 PM   
Senno

Turn 17:

AGS:

Seventeenth Army continues toadvance towards the Dnepr.

Eleventh army and the Romanians hit at the Nikolaev salient.

I hope to drive the Soviets behind the Dnepr at least, to try to hold onto Odessa and keep the Romanians in the war.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 275
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/22/2011 12:47:01 AM   
Klydon

Good to see this one is underway again.

I would not be so fast to go into passive mode against the Russians at this point. I am not saying you have to be aggressive across the board, but you need to be thinking about what you are going to do during the three turns of snow before the blizzard comes. I think PDH has pretty much shown the way that if the Germans are aggressive and come out swinging in the snow to disrupt Russian plans for their blizzard offensive, it certainly helps the Axis cause during their most vulnerable period of December.

The other thing to give thought to is what you plan on doing with your mountain units.

(in reply to Senno)
Post #: 276
RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reas... - 4/22/2011 1:49:19 AM   
Senno

Thank you, Klydon.

I'm undecided what to do with the winter turns. I will probably launch local attacks along the line, and seek openings to create small pockets. He's thickened up the approaches to Moscow enough that I don't think an attack would be successful.

But for the most part, I realize I need to shift the infantry armies south, letting the Finns occupy north of Lake Ilmen and then shift everything south in to thicken east of Kiev and Gomel to have viable defenses going forward the next few turns.

So, whether the Panzers are active in the winter depends on Oleg.

I expect to transfer the mountain units to 11th Army and place them on the south Dnepr, to protect my rail-lines which are now northeast of Kirovograd. I expect the Soviets to attempt to recapture Odessa and try to get in position to force an early Romanian surrender if possible in '42.

I realize they may have to be transferred to the area of heaviest fighting, though.

The Romanian mountain units are now on the lower Bug, and will be used to protect the approaches to Odessa.

< Message edited by Senno -- 4/22/2011 1:50:34 AM >

(in reply to Klydon)
Post #: 277
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Senno v Oleg; Starring in "Proof Beyond a Reasonable Doubt?" No Oleg Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI