Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/4/2011 2:53:24 AM   
BigDuke66

YES! Many thanks!

BTW what is the recommended regions set?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2401
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/4/2011 2:58:12 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

YES! Many thanks!

BTW what is the recommended regions set?

You can use what we provide in the region-mappings folder.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2402
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/4/2011 4:00:06 AM   
nashvillen

Header works great! Thank you!

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2403
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available - 4/6/2011 1:22:47 PM   
Hanzberger

You guys are great, Thanks a bunch~!

Planning for #17 Ironman Tier2

Japan AC wire chart here
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2769286&mpage=1&key=?

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2404
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/7/2011 3:11:20 PM   
Chris21wen

Found another small bug that appeared with v1.8. When you load a new trun you get the following error message. 'Can't find device 1058' . Not surprised really as there is no device 1058. I've looked in the CSV file for AE v 1.06i (latest official patch).

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2405
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/7/2011 9:59:52 PM   
Lam0ttePicquet

I like Tracker very much. Thank you for continuously improving it.

I don't know, in Air groups and Pilots, how to filter only active pilots when Group or Group Reserve pilots are selected.
Maybe it is a request for a new feature ?

In this screen, History button gives the history of each selected pilot. If I could place another request, I would like to have an history of each pool, expressed in number of active pilots and a mean of their experience in a single graph ? I see that we have it in Summary for the last loaded turn, but it could be nice to see what are the trends.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2406
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/7/2011 11:17:27 PM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lam0ttePicquet

I like Tracker very much. Thank you for continuously improving it.

I don't know, in Air groups and Pilots, how to filter only active pilots when Group or Group Reserve pilots are selected.
Maybe it is a request for a new feature ?

Thanks...
Well group reserve never has active pilots they are all delayed. The Group filter has both and if you sort on delay you get them lumped together ...
Anyway I see what you mean and I'll make it better.
quote:

In this screen, History button gives the history of each selected pilot. If I could place another request, I would like to have an history of each pool, expressed in number of active pilots and a mean of their experience in a single graph ? I see that we have it in Summary for the last loaded turn, but it could be nice to see what are the trends.

I'll have a look to see if it is easy to implement - but the problem is that pilots that die usually end up being deleted from witp-ae save file and also the witptracker DB so it might be difficult to give an accurate picture without expanding the DB to take the global averages each turn ...
I'll have a look but no promises on this one.

Cheers

(in reply to Lam0ttePicquet)
Post #: 2407
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2011 6:25:13 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Thanks for new release guys!!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2408
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/8/2011 11:48:09 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Found another small bug that appeared with v1.8. When you load a new trun you get the following error message. 'Can't find device 1058' . Not surprised really as there is no device 1058. I've looked in the CSV file for AE v 1.06i (latest official patch).

Rats. I thought that...

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2409
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/9/2011 6:53:34 PM   
Mac Linehan

Damien, Floyd -

Yet again the Tracker Team continues it's tradition of excellence - Thank You for 1.8.

Gents, I am in your debt -

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2410
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/9/2011 7:05:14 PM   
Mac Linehan

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

Getting back into Tracker with newest version and nomap.

Question on the Bases screen. Have looked through many pages here and can't find anyone who seems to have been cinfused by the column headings. What are "Nav" and "Air S(P)" reporting? Probably head-slapping easy but it's not clear to me.

Is there anyplace in the forum or on the Tracker site where column headings are defined all in one place?

Some day we may update the Tracker site with a complete explanation, but until then...

Nav is the Naval support at the base and projected naval support from other HQ in range, shown as At Base (Projected).

Air is the aviation support at the base and the number of aircraft at the base, shown as Support (Planes).

Hope this helps.

Floyd

floydg -

Always something new and extremely useful! You guys rock!!!

Loyalist Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2411
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/10/2011 8:16:46 PM   
nashvillen

Small issue in the industry screen: When pulling up the Regional Ind/repair tab and selecting a region, you can't select a new region and get details in the bottom screen the original details stay there. So, if I select Sarawak/Sabah, I get the details for Brune and Miri. If I select Borneo to see how some of my industies are doing there it selects fine, but the details still show up like I was still in Sarawak/Sabah. The other tabs work fine, the only way to reset this for the next look is to close tracker, then I can look at one more region and have it not refresh for any other regions.

I hope I explained this well enough. I am using v1.8.

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 2412
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/10/2011 11:36:22 PM   
DivePac88

Hi Guys... This maybe a dumb question, but;

Is it better to install tracker for a PBEM game for the Japanese side;

A/ After you have completed you first turn set-up, but not before you ended your turn, and sent it on to your opponent?

B/ Or after you have received the first turn back from your opponent, and run it through the game?

Thanks Des.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2413
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/11/2011 12:37:50 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

Small issue in the industry screen: When pulling up the Regional Ind/repair tab and selecting a region, you can't select a new region and get details in the bottom screen the original details stay there. So, if I select Sarawak/Sabah, I get the details for Brune and Miri. If I select Borneo to see how some of my industies are doing there it selects fine, but the details still show up like I was still in Sarawak/Sabah. The other tabs work fine, the only way to reset this for the next look is to close tracker, then I can look at one more region and have it not refresh for any other regions.

If you want to see a different Row (horiz) on this table you need to select a different row-column (vert) combination.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2414
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/11/2011 12:39:23 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

Hi Guys... This maybe a dumb question, but;

Is it better to install tracker for a PBEM game for the Japanese side;

A/ After you have completed you first turn set-up, but not before you ended your turn, and sent it on to your opponent?

B/ Or after you have received the first turn back from your opponent, and run it through the game?

Thanks Des.

A & B are both possible ... I'd do A so I can set up the turn (actually I'd load it as soon as I opened the scenario)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 2415
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/11/2011 3:21:08 AM   
nashvillen

quote:

ORIGINAL: n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: nashvillen

If you want to see a different Row (horiz) on this table you need to select a different row-column (vert) combination.

Got it! Thanks!

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2416
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/12/2011 9:51:19 PM   
Fallschirmjager

Can someone in a short paragraph tell me what this is and why I need it? Should I bother with it if I play games as the Allies?

(in reply to nashvillen)
Post #: 2417
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/13/2011 12:30:35 AM   
BigDuke66

It helps you to keep track of everything.
Personally I wouldn't play without it.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2418
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/13/2011 4:59:43 AM   
erstad

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

Can someone in a short paragraph tell me what this is and why I need it? Should I bother with it if I play games as the Allies?

Your mileage may vary, but as Allies the main uses I make of tracker are
- Scrolling down the alerts each turn to look for things like newly arrived units to issue orders to and other situations needing action. the ops report has this too, but I can click a line in the tracker window, go over to my AE window, do the action, and then go back to tracker where I was, instead of hitting "O" and aving to scroll to find my place. Plus, tracker lets me sort by alert type so it's easier to sort the wheat from the chaff
- Managing device pools, especially relative to squads and squad upgrades. It's easy to find if I have a unit with replacements-on that is sucking up "new" squads when I want to build the pools to upgrade instead; units with "old" squads that need to be put in rest mode to upgrade the squads, etc.
- Managing the sigint so one can actually do something useful with it.

those are the biggies. Things like aircraft comparison are nice bonuses.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 2419
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/14/2011 6:21:08 AM   
BigDuke66

Just to make sure i don't misunderstand it, the "TBO.YTA" row in the "Air Production" screen shows what is:
total being built(yet to arrive)

But overall they make no sense, for example I look at the P-38E with a monthly built of 24 from 5/42-5/42 and 4 FS coming in as reinforcements carrying 46 planes, the tracker shows me 54(100) but it should be 24(46).
The 54 are those planes missing in the 4 reinforcement squadrons(should have 100, come with 46, 54 missing), those 54 are something that should be shown in the "Reinf.Needed" row and the 100 could maybe be deleted as I'm not sure if anyone is interested to know how many planes should be in the reinforcement groups.

Despite that error wouldn't it make more sense to show the TBO.YTA row as:
Total production(still to be produced),[planes in reinforcement groups)
In case of the P-38E, first reinforcement group arrives in June/July 42:
24(24),[46]
-Before 5/42 it means 24 will be build and of those 24 are still to be produced, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.
-In 5/42 it could look like 24(12),[46] meaning half month is over 12 are yet to be produced of the total of 24, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.
-After 5/42 it would show 24(0),[46] meaning of the 24 overall production 0 are still to be build, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.

Also the "Reinf.Needed" row should be reworked to show what replacements the active groups and what replacements the reinforcement groups need.
In the case of the P-38E it would show:
Active group replacement needs(active group reserve planes),[reinforcement groups replacement needs]
62(x),[54]
-Meaning that 62 are needed to bring the active groups to full strength, in those X are planes in reserve and 54 are needed to bring the reinforcement groups to full strength.

Overall both reworked rows would help in many ways:
1. Overall production to see if it can be used for one or multiple squadrons, 24 are not even enough for 1 squadron.
2. The yet to be build planes so you know what replacements you can expect and can compare it to the actual replacement needs for active and reinforcement groups, in this case 24 with 632 needed for active and 54 for replacement groups.
3. See how full the reinforcement groups are[46] and how many planes if any are needed to fill them up[54], so you can guess how long it takes to get full squadrons to the front.

The way they are now isn't very help.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 4/14/2011 6:24:00 AM >

(in reply to erstad)
Post #: 2420
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/14/2011 7:08:34 PM   
Micke II

I use WitPTracker every day and I appreciate very much the new developments since the first version.

I have a question: would it be possible to add a new development to follow the career of a specific ship or TF: track on the map of the path followed by the ship or TF, performance of the ship in battle with its palmares and specifically for the submarines ?
I don't know if it's feasible or not but it will be certainly helpful and add a new pigment to this great game.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2421
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/16/2011 5:26:18 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: Micke II

I use WitPTracker every day and I appreciate very much the new developments since the first version.

I have a question: would it be possible to add a new development to follow the career of a specific ship or TF: track on the map of the path followed by the ship or TF, performance of the ship in battle with its palmares and specifically for the submarines ?
I don't know if it's feasible or not but it will be certainly helpful and add a new pigment to this great game.

I was thinking to do some of this, but when I saw a bunch of people saying they don't use the map, it took the wind out of my sails a little...

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 2422
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/16/2011 7:09:13 PM   
hunchback77

I always use the map Floyd and I agree this would be a nice feature to be able to track the ships. Thank you Floyd and Damian for all the wonderful work you've put into Tracker.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 2423
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/17/2011 8:48:14 PM   
Micke II

Personnaly I use the WIpPTracker's map quiet often to check the detection zones and to find a specific location. Add a new feature to the map would reinforce the interest to use it.

(in reply to hunchback77)
Post #: 2424
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/17/2011 9:16:50 PM   
Nomad

To be honest, I quite loading the map because of load time and memory problems. I just tried it and it doesn't seem to affect it much at all. That was with a recently restarted database, I am not sure what will happen when I get another 100-150 turns loaded up. Maybe we will see, I am more of the opinion that as Allies I really don't need that much past information, but sometimes it is handy.

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 2425
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/22/2011 1:06:09 AM   
Sharps9

Nice program.  However, is there any combat casualty tracking? I don't see it. 

Not sure how difficult this is to implement, but it would be nice to have a breakdown of the kill ratios for the various nations, etc.

(in reply to Nomad)
Post #: 2426
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/22/2011 4:04:06 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

Just to make sure i don't misunderstand it, the "TBO.YTA" row in the "Air Production" screen shows what is: total being built(yet to arrive)

Actually it means Total Build Out; which is the total number of planes to fill out the groups.
quote:

But overall they make no sense, for example I look at the P-38E with a monthly built of 24 from 5/42-5/42 and 4 FS coming in as reinforcements carrying 46 planes, the tracker shows me 54(100) but it should be 24(46).
The 54 are those planes missing in the 4 reinforcement squadrons(should have 100, come with 46, 54 missing), those 54 are something that should be shown in the "Reinf.Needed" row and the 100 could maybe be deleted as I'm not sure if anyone is interested to know how many planes should be in the reinforcement groups.

54(100) means 54 planes need to be built to bring the Groups to full and 100 is the total number (obviously from this 46 are arriving with the groups.
quote:

Despite that error wouldn't it make more sense to show the TBO.YTA row as:
Total production(still to be produced),[planes in reinforcement groups)
In case of the P-38E, first reinforcement group arrives in June/July 42:
24(24),[46]
-Before 5/42 it means 24 will be build and of those 24 are still to be produced, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.
-In 5/42 it could look like 24(12),[46] meaning half month is over 12 are yet to be produced of the total of 24, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.
-After 5/42 it would show 24(0),[46] meaning of the 24 overall production 0 are still to be build, with 46 arriving in reinforcement groups.

I get your point though Total Production is the Bld(mth)column; so I don't want to duplicate that.Still to be produced would be the TBO.TYA and planes in reinforcement groups in () in the same column.
quote:

Also the "Reinf.Needed" row should be reworked to show what replacements the active groups and what replacements the reinforcement groups need.
In the case of the P-38E it would show:
Active group replacement needs(active group reserve planes),[reinforcement groups replacement needs]
62(x),[54]
-Meaning that 62 are needed to bring the active groups to full strength, in those X are planes in reserve and 54 are needed to bring the reinforcement groups to full strength.

Have you moused over the Reinf.Need column ? It does show To build, group need & Reserve. Maybe it is that we're thinking Reinforcement means grps yet to arrive whereas I mean grps already on map.
quote:

Overall both reworked rows would help in many ways:
1. Overall production to see if it can be used for one or multiple squadrons, 24 are not even enough for 1 squadron.
2. The yet to be build planes so you know what replacements you can expect and can compare it to the actual replacement needs for active and reinforcement groups, in this case 24 with 632 needed for active and 54 for replacement groups.
3. See how full the reinforcement groups are[46] and how many planes if any are needed to fill them up[54], so you can guess how long it takes to get full squadrons to the front.

The way they are now isn't very help.

I'll take your thoughts and think about how I can make it more useful ... thanks for the feedback and I'll see what I can do for the next build.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 2427
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/22/2011 4:06:06 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sharps9

Nice program.  However, is there any combat casualty tracking? I don't see it. 

Not sure how difficult this is to implement, but it would be nice to have a breakdown of the kill ratios for the various nations, etc.

Without breaking FOW I doubt this is implementable ... of course if you mean from the combat reports which are spurious then I guess it is do-able but probably way down the list of things we'd like to achieve ...

Thanks again

(in reply to Sharps9)
Post #: 2428
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/22/2011 4:11:03 AM   
n01487477

quote:

ORIGINAL: Micke II

Hi Micke - we keep a record of TF movements but they haven't been implemented on the map like WitpStaff used to be able to handle. The problem is that once disbanded and reformed it becomes complicated. IIRC we do keep ship location data but I'll have to double check that. Let me see how much time and effort this would need.. and as Floyd says due to the load time thing ... the map is just floating out there not doing much these days.

(in reply to Micke II)
Post #: 2429
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 4/22/2011 4:15:14 AM   
FeurerKrieg

Apologies if this has been asked for already -

On the Ship Repair screen is there a way to flag ships that are being repaired for upgrade versus those that are being repair for damage? I ask because I usually scan that screen for ships that have made it to port and need to be put in a repair yard. Often times I will see a ship that is under repair at pierside or underway and I think "oh, it has 10 sys damage, I'll move it to the yard" then in game I realize that it was for an upgrade, in which case the yard doesn't speed up the repair since upgrades have a min repair time regardless of what repair method is employed.

A column indicator, or a filter for, ships that are being repaired due to upgrade would be great.

Thanks as always!!

Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks

(in reply to n01487477)
Post #: 2430
Page:   <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.8 Available Page: <<   < prev  79 80 [81] 82 83   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI