Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Naval Combat

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Naval Combat Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Naval Combat - 5/15/2011 9:25:35 PM   
AndyH

One of my pet complaints about AT WW2 - an otherwise brilliant game - is the inability to conduct naval combat at a distance (i.e. naval units needs to adjacent to one another in order to engage). I have posted on this to the forum a couple of times.

I have not yet bought AT Gold but I notice with interest that it has an improved editor. Would the new editor enable me to increase the range of naval weaponry (in other words enable naval weaponry to have some of the characteristics of land artillery)?

Thanks

Andrew
Post #: 1
RE: Naval Combat - 5/16/2011 8:53:45 AM   
Vic

no. sorry andrew. it is still something i might look into in the further future. i am not saying your suggestions do not have merrit. i think they do.

best,
vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to AndyH)
Post #: 2
RE: Naval Combat - 5/16/2011 10:41:42 AM   
Twotribes

Really the only weapons that might allow more then adjacent combat would be New tech with Battleship size Guns. Cruisers are incapable of being big enough to sustain a large enough weapon based GUN to allow multirange. And as far as I can tell we only have rudimentary rocketry in the game.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Naval Combat - 5/16/2011 11:10:05 AM   
Tufkal2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

no. sorry andrew. it is still something i might look into in the further future. i am not saying your suggestions do not have merrit. i think they do.

best,
vic

Taking into account that ATG has a truly very nice editor to allow nearly endless modding opportunities I think naval combat range would be a really cool feature addition. In addition to rocketry it would also allow for some tactically oriented scenarios as well as space-based...

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 4
RE: Naval Combat - 5/16/2011 3:36:04 PM   
AndyH

Vic, Thanks for your reply. Disappointed obviously, but hopeful that this feature might make it into a future version.

Andrew

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> Naval Combat Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI