Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems with 1.0.7.0

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Problems with 1.0.7.0 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems with 1.0.7.0 - 5/17/2011 10:57:09 PM   
Bandersnatch

I downloaded the new patch, 1.0.7.0. and started a new game. It was a quick start all random. Navigating the screen seemed a little smoother. Toward the beginning I targeted a pirate base from a distance, and gave the fleet the order to go, which it acknowledged. A smallish white notice popped on the screen. I can’t remember exactly what it said, but the game gave me the option to continue, which I did. I found that if I brought the image of the pirate base up closer, there was no problem. Then about halfway through the game I got another white message saying that DW had a problem and gave me the option of letting Windows track the problem or shutting down. I noticed that there was still game activity going on behind the notice, and I could still interact with the game, so I ignored the option and saved the game, then exited the program. I rebooted and loaded a previously saved episode. Things went along for a while, and I thought I had dodged the problem. Nope, a full screen notice flashed on saying that DW was shutting down. Period! How rude! I uninstalled the game, cleaned up, and shut down, then reinstalled the game. I don’t know what to tell you about the patch, but I don’t think I’ll miss it. Bander.

"But aren't you going to run and help her?" Alice asked...
"No use, no use!" Cried the King.
"She runs so fearfully quick, you might as well try to catch a Bandersnatch."
Lewis Carroll
Post #: 1
RE: Problems with 1.0.7.0 - 5/17/2011 11:22:57 PM   
cookie monster

Here's an official response to some of DW's latest patch problems

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=2815224

(in reply to Bandersnatch)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Problems with 1.0.7.0 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI