Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie neds help with scenario 01

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Newbie neds help with scenario 01 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie neds help with scenario 01 - 10/7/2002 12:59:06 AM   
Soma

Hi there !

I'm no grognard, but have already played many other WWII games (tactical and srategical ones).

UV is a really fascinating game with an uncommon theater (for me as a german player).
And it's really no simple game (even with the big manual).

I played the tutorial as stated in the manual and also tried the little Battle scenario afterwards.

Then I thought I could try out the first short scenario, but everytime the AI wiped the floor with me ! :mad:

My problem is, that I haven't the smallest idea how to transport my australien troops in Brisbane !
There are the 18th, 21st, 25th and 1st motorised Aus Bde, but I cant get them anywhere (not by plane and not with the AP's stationed in Brisbane).

The Jap AI lands his troops with AP's where he want's, but the only outfits I can relocate are some engineers by Dakotas. And that takes some turns !!!

Did I do something wrong or is this scenario designed for teh Allied player not to have transportable troops or what ?

Without catching some jap bases, I couldn't do anything against getting defeated !

Another question would be, what the support numbers of the bases mean and how these could be raised !

The manual is big, but it still leaves me with a couple of questions !

Thanks for some tipps and hints and bye,

Martin

PS: Please excuse my bad english, exspecially the grammar and the spelling ! ;)
Post #: 1
- 10/7/2002 2:36:42 AM   
Spooky

Welcome to the board :)

Some Aussies units -those with Northern Command as HQ) are "home defense" units and cannot leave Australia - (manual p.119).

It means you cannot put them in APs but you can move them by road ...

BTW, just check the FAQ in the website below - maybe it can help you

Spooky

(in reply to Soma)
Post #: 2
Thanks ! - 10/7/2002 12:07:24 PM   
Soma

Thank you, Spooky !

I've read the manual yesterday once again and then I stumbled over part with the description of the game options. And there it stood and whispered " read your manual, read your manual".

Sorry for bothering, next time I WILL read the whole thing. :)
Bye,

Martin

(in reply to Soma)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Tech Support >> Newbie neds help with scenario 01 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI