Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 4:49:57 PM   
Rainer

Like others said - Michael is Da Man
Thanks a lot

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 811
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 4:53:57 PM   
WLockard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nemo121

One other thing....

Could you allow up to 100 torpedoes to be added to Air HQs at a time. Sometimes at a large airbase during a major battle I want to be sure to have a large surplus "just in case" and it would be a lot easier to have to type in 100 twice and hit enter than to type in 10 twenty times and hit enter each time.

Sure some people might over-request torpedoes but by limiting the amount which can be added to 100 they shouldn't be able to inadvertently run themselves out of supplies by ordering thousands at once by mistake.

Open the air unit info screen, click on show TOE button, click on Torpedo Armament and put what ever number you want.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 812
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 4:54:49 PM   
witpqs

quote:

One other thing....

Could you allow up to 100 torpedoes to be added to Air HQs at a time. Sometimes at a large airbase during a major battle I want to be sure to have a large surplus "just in case" and it would be a lot easier to have to type in 100 twice and hit enter than to type in 10 twenty times and hit enter each time.

Sure some people might over-request torpedoes but by limiting the amount which can be added to 100 they shouldn't be able to inadvertently run themselves out of supplies by ordering thousands at once by mistake.

This is a good one. 10 at a time just means extra keystrokes.

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 813
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 6:00:52 PM   
Bongo

Hi, using the 1108m7 June 5 beta. All of my land units combat options are greyed out and only show "defend". Started in the build just prior to this. I hoped that the June 5 beta would have solved issue but it remains. Wondering if any one else sees this or any ideas as to what is wrong. Thanks.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 814
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 7:45:16 PM   
Rainer

No problem her (upgraded from M6 to M7).
Everything seems to be normal.

I suggest you include some more details, like Scenario, Game Date, PBEM or AI, etc. and attach a save.

WitP/AE
1.7.11.26b
Data base changes by Andy Mac October 16, 2012
Scen #1 Allied vs AI Level Hard Daily Turns
Art Mods by TomLabel and Reg
Topo Map by chemkid

WitW / Torch
1.01.37 - 1.01.44 beta

(in reply to Bongo)
Post #: 815
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 7:48:39 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

I suggest you include some more details, like Scenario, Game Date, PBEM or AI, etc. and attach a save.

+1

Pax

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 816
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 8:30:22 PM   
Bradley7735

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

[1108m7]
Changed From a base, Show Upgrade Due screen defaults to 'allowed upgrade ships' [MEM]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the new features. I'm not a big fan of the one above. Now, I have to click each time I want to see what ships need upgrading. The default sets everything to blank. I had a hard time following the threads above that caused you to change the default. But, I've never experienced problems in the past. Now, it's likely that I'll miss knowing there are ships needing upgrades because the default shows a blank screen. It'd be nice if the screen stayed the same from turn to turn, so I don't have to keep clicking each turn. Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's just my opinion.

bc

The older I get, the better I was.

Post #: 817
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 9:21:02 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bradley7735

quote:

[1108m7]
Changed From a base, Show Upgrade Due screen defaults to 'allowed upgrade ships' [MEM]

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the new features. I'm not a big fan of the one above. Now, I have to click each time I want to see what ships need upgrading. The default sets everything to blank. I had a hard time following the threads above that caused you to change the default. But, I've never experienced problems in the past. Now, it's likely that I'll miss knowing there are ships needing upgrades because the default shows a blank screen. It'd be nice if the screen stayed the same from turn to turn, so I don't have to keep clicking each turn. Anyway, it's not a big deal. It's just my opinion.

bc

Bradley,

I'm gonna look when I get a turn in m7 and fire it up... but isn't there a separate button at the bottom toward the right of the display that says something like "show ships due to upgrade"? I had the impression that the change Michael described is the toggle at the top toward the left that filters on ships allowed/not-allowed to upgrade. Hope this helps.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 818
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/5/2011 9:37:07 PM   
Sardaukar

This is madness! NO, THIS IS MICHAELM! 

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 819
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 1:41:16 AM   
Bongo

Scenario 6 Gate date is start December 8, playing AI and I don't know how to unload a save. Thanks.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Rainer

(in reply to Rainer)
Post #: 820
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 1:46:04 AM   
Bradley7735

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

[1108m7]

Hi Michael,

bc

Bradley,

I'm gonna look when I get a turn in m7 and fire it up... but isn't there a separate button at the bottom toward the right of the display that says something like "show ships due to upgrade"? I had the impression that the change Michael described is the toggle at the top toward the left that filters on ships allowed/not-allowed to upgrade. Hope this helps.

I know the one you're talking about. This one is at the top. You have to have both set to 'show upgradable ships'. I'm used to just clicking on the one at the bottom. Now, I have to click both.

The older I get, the better I was.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 821
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 2:25:55 AM   
witpqs

quote:

I know the one you're talking about. This one is at the top. You have to have both set to 'show upgradable ships'. I'm used to just clicking on the one at the bottom. Now, I have to click both.

OK so we are talking about the same thing. I like the change, but I suppose ideally the filter at the top could be a three way toggle that shows ships with upgrade enabled/disabled/all, with the default being 'all'.

(in reply to Bradley7735)
Post #: 822
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 10:55:10 AM   
Nemo121

Is there any possibility for varying the number of planes allowed in squadron reserve based on the service rating?

E.g. A service rating 1 plane might have the current 10% of reserve allowed. But if you have a service rating 2 plane that goes up to 15%, service rating 3 goes to 20%, service rating 4 goes to 25% and service rating 5 goes to 30%.

That way you would give players some way of compensating for service ratings rendering large numbers of their pilots useless due to lack of serviceable planes. It certainly wouldn't always be useful but in reality I'd be surprised if squadron COs of planes with poor availability didn't hoard a few extra airframes above and beyond what they were officially allowed in order to keep the nubmers available for combat up.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 823
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 12:18:41 PM   
michaelm75au

quote:

quote:

One other thing....

This is a good one. 10 at a time just means extra keystrokes.

I had upped the number to 20 in 1108m7

Michael

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 824
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 12:25:04 PM   
Nemo121

Could we get it upped to up to 100?

Sometimes during a battle if I'm basing 200 torpedo bombers at a base I need to put 200 torpedoes in and it just takes forever.

John Dillworth: "I had GreyJoy check my spelling and he said it was fine."
Well, that's that settled then.

Post #: 825
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 12:40:11 PM   
michaelm75au

With regard to the "Ships Due Upgrades", I find it strange that the new default does not satisfy.
The new default will show ships that are due to upgrade AND have the upgrade option turned ON. Generally, I would have thought you would want to know when the upgrade would happen, and turn it OFF.

I honestly don't see why it is more important to see ships due to upgrade AND have the upgrade turned OFF.

I suppose if you turn all upgrades OFF, then the normal list would be blank. Which the old default could have left the list full.

Oh well, I never expected to please everyone.

Michael

Post #: 826
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 2:37:21 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

With regard to the "Ships Due Upgrades", I find it strange that the new default does not satisfy.
The new default will show ships that are due to upgrade AND have the upgrade option turned ON. Generally, I would have thought you would want to know when the upgrade would happen, and turn it OFF.

I honestly don't see why it is more important to see ships due to upgrade AND have the upgrade turned OFF.

I suppose if you turn all upgrades OFF, then the normal list would be blank. Which the old default could have left the list full.

+1

Working very nice for me.

Guess I must be backwards like you Michael!

Thanks for all the great work!

Pax

Post #: 827
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 3:39:14 PM   
michaelm75au

In the text column to the right of the list of ships due upgrades at the base, there is list of ship counts:
Ships under repair: 999
Ships damaged: 999
Ships due upgrade: 999
Ships in list:  999

The first 3 are for all ships in the base, while the last is number of ships in the displayed list.

The total ships in the base due for upgrades - regardless of if turned ON or OFF - is shown here.
So if the total is 0, then there are no upgrading ships regardless of state.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 828
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 4:00:47 PM   
Numdydar

I have attached a save so you can see if this is an issue or not.

I split a squadron of Zero's that were 'Carrier Capable' and put them on the CVEs in Hiro to train. Eventually all three of the squadrons (A, B, and C) were converted to 'Carrier Trained'. When these combined back into a single unit, they lost the 'Carrier Trained' designation and went back to 'Carrier Capable'. Carrier trained or not should be based on the pilots, not the squadrons. The pilots did not change so why did the recombing lose the 'Carrier Trained' tag?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 829
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 4:09:58 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

I split a squadron of Zero's that were 'Carrier Capable' and put them on the CVEs in Hiro to train. Eventually all three of the squadrons (A, B, and C) were converted to 'Carrier Trained'. When these combined back into a single unit, they lost the 'Carrier Trained' designation and went back to 'Carrier Capable'. Carrier trained or not should be based on the pilots, not the squadrons. The pilots did not change so why did the recombing lose the 'Carrier Trained' tag?

Although it would be nice to have fragments of 'trained' remain 'trained' when combined back into the parents, basing carrier training on the pilots is whole 'nother can of worms that would complicate the game greatly once again. We would have to be able to keep track of pilots who were carrier trained, and have training carriers to carry out the training. I think it's best left at the squadron level just for practical reasons.

(in reply to Numdydar)
Post #: 830
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 4:12:48 PM   
witpqs

quote:

I do like it the way it is now, I was just brainstorming in response to Bradley. The way it used to be I could see who needed to be upgraded, but I had to look at individual ships to see who was set to upgrade and who wasn't. As you know that's important when you can't afford to upgrade all ships at once. So, the new filter you added was heaven-sent and has already saved me an enormous number of mouse-clicks.

Post #: 831
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 4:37:58 PM   
Numdydar

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Numdydar

Although it would be nice to have fragments of 'trained' remain 'trained' when combined back into the parents, basing carrier training on the pilots is whole 'nother can of worms that would complicate the game greatly once again. We would have to be able to keep track of pilots who were carrier trained, and have training carriers to carry out the training. I think it's best left at the squadron level just for practical reasons.

I do not have an issue with keeping it squadron based to keep things simple. However if the subsquardons are all 100% carrier trained, then combining them should not cause an issue. If you split a carrier trained squadron, the subsquardrons remain carrier trained, so why not the reverse?

After all, It's kind of tough to find a CV that can sit in port training a 45 plane squadron long enough to become carrier trained lol.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 832
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/6/2011 9:40:44 PM   
foliveti

Question previously answered in the same manner, I am a little late catching up

< Message edited by foliveti -- 6/6/2011 9:43:27 PM >

Frank

(in reply to Nemo121)
Post #: 833
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/7/2011 1:16:51 AM   
DivePac88

quote:

[1108m7]
Fixed Too many old devices could be converted sometimes leading to -ve in pool [MEM]
Fixed TOE upgrades could lose devices as counts were sometimes replaced, rather than added [MEM]
Tweaked Disabled option to stop Light Industry as it is a permament industry like resources (per Andrew Brown) [MEM]
Fixed On turn 1, a mid-turn Allied save can be read by Japan by skipping the password. Only applicable on that one save [MEM]
Added Additional release buttons on the Reserve Pilot screen [MEM]
Added New option to load tenders in port from the ship list screen [DCB]
Removed Right-click from group PILOT keyword as PLANES is now on screen [MEM]
Tweaked Computer player TOE upgrades are slightly randomized to stop all happening at once [MEM]
Changed Removed Torpedo Ordnance from 'non-Air Hq' land unit's TOE/list so that device is not treated as a device; tallies are stored elsewhere so it is redundant once scenario is loaded [MEM]
(was causing some strange occurances)

I was wondering if this change will effect the ability of 4th fleet, and Southeast fleet HQ's to torpedo enable air-groups with-in their range?

Thanks DP.

< Message edited by DivePac88 -- 6/7/2011 1:18:28 AM >

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 834
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/7/2011 10:50:24 AM   
michaelm75au

quote:

ORIGINAL: DivePac88

quote:

[1108m7]
Fixed Too many old devices could be converted sometimes leading to -ve in pool [MEM]
Fixed TOE upgrades could lose devices as counts were sometimes replaced, rather than added [MEM]
Tweaked Disabled option to stop Light Industry as it is a permament industry like resources (per Andrew Brown) [MEM]
Fixed On turn 1, a mid-turn Allied save can be read by Japan by skipping the password. Only applicable on that one save [MEM]
Added Additional release buttons on the Reserve Pilot screen [MEM]
Added New option to load tenders in port from the ship list screen [DCB]
Removed Right-click from group PILOT keyword as PLANES is now on screen [MEM]
Tweaked Computer player TOE upgrades are slightly randomized to stop all happening at once [MEM]
Changed Removed Torpedo Ordnance from 'non-Air Hq' land unit's TOE/list so that device is not treated as a device; tallies are stored elsewhere so it is redundant once scenario is loaded [MEM]
(was causing some strange occurances)

I was wondering if this change will effect the ability of 4th fleet, and Southeast fleet HQ's to torpedo enable air-groups with-in their range?

Thanks DP.

If the HQs had the ability before, then nothing will have changed. Previously, only Air HQs had this as part of their organic structure. Other LCUs could have the ability, but my understanding is that it was not used in the official scenarios. I had added it to complement Air Hqs for modding purposes.
This only affects newly started games as this is where the changes occurred.

Michael

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 835
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7a updated 7 June - 6/7/2011 12:26:34 PM   
michaelm75au

Fixed Transfer carrier trained status when recombining split groups [MEM]
Fixed "Ships due upgrade" count could have a number but nothing is shown in due lists. Upgrade ship was under repair [MEM]
(Combination of "Ships under repair" and "Ships due upgrade" buttons shows those which are being repaired that might jump into an upgrade at same time)
Fixed Wrong pilot reserve being accessed when no pilots in replacement pool [MEM]

------
I will include this in the weekend post if anything else comes up.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by michaelm -- 6/9/2011 12:04:58 PM >

Michael

Post #: 836
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/7/2011 2:07:29 PM   
hbrsvl

michaelm- I'm using 1108c for an ongoing game. I going to start a new game from 12/7/41. I'd like to get in on all the changes to this beta since 12/10.

How do I do this? Where do I go to get it? Do I have to install all the changes one at a time?

Thanks, Hugh Browne

Post #: 837
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/7/2011 3:23:36 PM   
michaelm75au

I've lost track. Was 1108c the latest offical beta.

If so, the main game directory should have 1108c program. If you already have a directory Beta2, rename it and the shortcut to Beta1.

Download and install the latest beta. It will be installed in a directory Beta2 and creates a shortcut that runs the program from that directory.

You can use the shortcut to Beta2 for your new game.

Michael

(in reply to hbrsvl)
Post #: 838
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/7/2011 4:08:07 PM   
witpqs

1106i is the latest official patch. 1108c is a Beta from December 2010.

Post #: 839
RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June - 6/8/2011 1:36:30 AM   
rockmedic109

I haven't been keeping up with the beta patches {I figured I'd wait till the final build} so I don't know if it has been done or even if a change is possible now.

But I came up with an idea that should be easy {bear in mind that I have no knowledge of programing}.

Can you change the combatreport to have the reported accidents {running aground, mine detonation mishap, etc} be changed to all caps to make it easier to see or locate when running through the combatreport? It might make it easier to locate such incidents.

Steve

< Message edited by rockmedic109 -- 6/8/2011 1:37:23 AM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 840
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> RE: Patch 06 - Public Beta - Build 1108m7 updated 5 June Page: <<   < prev  26 27 [28] 29 30   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI