Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New/ edited units?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New/ edited units? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 4:02:49 PM   
HintJ

3 questions:

I would like to make a new infantry team. I know how to edit the existing teams, but how do I go about creating a totally new type of team? Do I simple create a new .xml? Do I have to register the new unit in another list somewhere?

I would like to make a new vehicle based on an existing vehicle model. I basically want to add a few antennas, simulating a command vehicle. It is purely cosmetic, because I know this will change nothing to the game system itself.

How do I add unique vehicle numbers to vehicles?

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower
Post #: 1
RE: New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 4:46:55 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: HintJ
I would like to make a new infantry team. I know how to edit the existing teams, but how do I go about creating a totally new type of team? Do I simple create a new .xml? Do I have to register the new unit in another list somewhere?
It depends on how entirely new you want to make it. If this is a squad that has the same firepower as an existing squad. You make a copy of the xml and rename it then change the type="" name to the new name. The type= has to be unique in the game or there will be a table error. You use the existing models unless you want to be a model maker.

quote:

I would like to make a new vehicle based on an existing vehicle model. I basically want to add a few antennas, simulating a command vehicle. It is purely cosmetic, because I know this will change nothing to the game system itself.

You will have to learn Fragmotion to change models.

quote:

How do I add unique vehicle numbers to vehicles?
Most models have some decals with them. Scenario editor lets you select available numbers for that vehicle. In the scenario editor if you click on the specific tank, then click PID the Specifications panel will have Unit Decals select box at the bottom center. These are just the names of the decals. My decals are in Data/ArmouredUnits/Decals_M. If you have something that opens DDS files you can view them. These are 256x256 in size. You can make some yourself with a paint program that makes .dds files. Or you can also use something like Paint shop pro which makes masked files like .png. Then you have to use a program like the free DDSconverter to convert the png to a dds file.

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 2
RE: New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 5:19:18 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

It depends on how entirely new you want to make it. If this is a squad that has the same firepower as an existing squad. You make a copy of the xml and rename it then change the type="" name to the new name. The type= has to be unique in the game or there will be a table error. You use the existing models unless you want to be a model maker.

Also, in your new XML you should edit the prevalence value and set it to 0 unless you want the new unit used in random play.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 3
RE: New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 7:46:39 PM   
HintJ

Thanks for the answers.

So to create a new team, I can just create a new .xml based on an older one and edit it how I like w/a unique name, and the game will recognize it. Great.

As far as fragmotion goes, I'm not planning to really learn it, just enough to make antennas and put them on.

"Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do."
- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 4
RE: New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 7:53:16 PM   
HintJ

<unit unitid="Pz Kpfw V Panther G Late" unitname="1st Pz Kpfw V Panther G Late" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" model="summer" reinforcementTurn="0" reinforcementChance="1" ammo="" keyunit="false" unitfixed="false" x="824,770,781" z="573,551,540" heading="93,73,78" decal="101,,"></unit>

Is there anyway to put decals on units in a campaign?

- Savielly Tartakower

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 5
RE: New/ edited units? - 6/8/2011 10:13:07 PM   
rickier65

quote:

<unit unitid="Pz Kpfw V Panther G Late" unitname="1st Pz Kpfw V Panther G Late" exp="Veteran" number="2" max="3" model="summer" reinforcementTurn="0" reinforcementChance="1" ammo="" keyunit="false" unitfixed="false" x="824,770,781" z="573,551,540" heading="93,73,78" decal="101,,"></unit>

Is there anyway to put decals on units in a campaign?

In the line above, you should have decals defined for all three units in the platoon. so you should have decal="101,102,103"

You can have decals in Static Historical Campaigns, but not in Random Campaigns, at least I wasn't able to get them incorporated into the 3rd Pz Random.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to HintJ)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> New/ edited units? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI