Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Quick question about air transport

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Quick question about air transport Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Quick question about air transport - 6/25/2011 1:25:58 PM   
Reedster

Hi
As the Axis side, when I use the shift-right click to manually select air units to perform air transport, I notice that even with air doctrine set to 5%, and I choose say 1 Ju-52 and 1 fighter unit (usually 0 to 2% used, usually with 30-some planes), the fighters sometimes do not fly at all, leaving the transports to get massacred.

I've seen this happen a few times, I'm on 1.04.28... the fighters are certainly in range, has anyone else had this happen? Since I use air transport quite a bit, this is fairly important for me ;)

Thanks!

< Message edited by Reedster -- 6/25/2011 1:32:21 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Quick question about air transport - 6/25/2011 1:33:22 PM   
herwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reedster

Hi
As the Axis side, when I use the shift-right click to manually select air units to perform air transport, I notice that even with air doctrine set to 5%, and I choose say 1 Ju-52 and 1 fighter unit (usually 0 to 2% used), the fighters sometimes do not fly at all, leaving the transports to get massacred.

I've seen this happen a few times, I'm on 1.04.28... the fighters are certainly in range, has anyone else had this happen? Since I use air transport quite a bit, this is fairly important for me ;)

Thanks!

They failed to link up. Life is hard.

Harry Erwin
"For a number to make sense in the game, someone has to calibrate it and program code. There are too many significant numbers that behave non-linearly to expect that. It's just a game. Enjoy it." herwin@btinternet.com

(in reply to Reedster)
Post #: 2
RE: Quick question about air transport - 6/25/2011 2:00:36 PM   
Reedster

Heh so that's all there is to it... life is tough lol.

(in reply to herwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Quick question about air transport - 6/25/2011 3:04:35 PM   
Wild

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reedster

Hi
As the Axis side, when I use the shift-right click to manually select air units to perform air transport, I notice that even with air doctrine set to 5%, and I choose say 1 Ju-52 and 1 fighter unit (usually 0 to 2% used, usually with 30-some planes), the fighters sometimes do not fly at all, leaving the transports to get massacred.

Thanks!

I believe Helpless is aware of this and said it would be addressed, along with some other air enhancements, in a future patch.

(in reply to Reedster)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Quick question about air transport Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI