Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ouite China

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ouite China Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ouite China - 6/27/2011 10:13:02 PM   
Johnlax

I posted this on General board but no bits can someone explain to me what a quite China Scanario does? I want to play a full campaign game (Dec 8th start) As allies vs AI Jap. I realize that unlike WITP you can not toggle off certain regions in WITPAE will Quit China help me to keep my time in China trim and not oppressive?
Post #: 1
RE: Ouite China - 6/27/2011 10:26:30 PM   
Smeulders

Does what is says on the thin, the AI will not engage in any major offensives in China. At the start there might still be some movement, but the lines should settle pretty soon so you can forget about the theatre.

The AE-Wiki, help fill it out

(in reply to Johnlax)
Post #: 2
RE: Ouite China - 6/27/2011 11:30:49 PM   
rockmedic109

Like smeulders says.  It doesn't seem quiet, but the IJA stops within a month or so when their offensive stalls.  The AI side is set to attack in the areas that both sides occupy.  What they win, they will advance, but this stalls quickly. 

(in reply to Smeulders)
Post #: 3
RE: Ouite China - 6/27/2011 11:35:48 PM   
Smeulders

quote:

ORIGINAL: rockmedic109

Like smeulders says.  It doesn't seem quiet, but the IJA stops within a month or so when their offensive stalls.  The AI side is set to attack in the areas that both sides occupy.  What they win, they will advance, but this stalls quickly. 

If I recall correctly this has something to do with the difference between the AI scripts and AI combat routines. The AI will attack nearby enemy forces if it thinks it can win and this is what happens in the first few months. Once the easy targets are beat up the scripts would normally take over, but these are disabled in the the quiet China scenarios.

The AE-Wiki, help fill it out

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Ouite China Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI