Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Suggestions for future updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Suggestions for future updates Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Suggestions for future updates - 7/12/2011 12:22:11 PM   
Mannock

I have played the game for some 8 odd hours and I love it so far. Panzer General got me hooked into wargaming ages ago and this is a truly amazing remake.

But nothing is perfect that can't be made even better. I have one thing that bugs me a lot and that I think should be considered for future games in this franchise or in an expansion perhaps (I don't think it will be patched).

I was checking out the campaign tree to see how the scenarios interconected with eachother and I noticed there was some scenarios missing compared to Panzer General.

I can live with the fact that the previous two Polish campaign scenarios being merged into one and even live with the fact that we don't have the option to fight in North Africa.

However, I think too many scenarios have been scrapped on the eastern front. The eastern front feels to "fast" without scenarios like Sevastopol, Kharkov and Crete for example.

There are different ways to approach this. A scenario like Sevastopol isn't necessary in itself, instead you could have broken the Stalingrad-scenario into two scenarios for example. I'd rather have that than three different scenarios of taking the USA, which in reality is extremely hypothetical. I also miss Operation Market-Garden.

Another minor thing that I think should be adressed is Operation Seelöwe. I think you should need to spend prestige points to go for that operation. And if you don't want to spend the prestige points you go straight to Balkans instead.

The reason for this is that it wasn't time that hindered the invasion of Britain but rather the lack of proper transports for the men and material to get across the channel, and also the lack of German naval strength. Going for Britain had been a gamble despite how fast France had gone under.

Thanks for a great game!

Always from below, seldom on the same level and never from above. - Mannock revised.
Post #: 1
RE: Suggestions for future updates - 7/12/2011 1:57:17 PM   
fsp

Where did you find the campaign tree?

(in reply to Mannock)
Post #: 2
RE: Suggestions for future updates - 7/12/2011 2:51:25 PM   
VPaulus

On Library. See Campaign.

(in reply to fsp)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Suggestions for future updates Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI