Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Reviews and Impressions?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Reviews and Impressions? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:19:12 PM   
ccsdc83

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

The editor........WOW,....finally an editor in a game that is usable by a normal person.

Exactly it's very fun and easy to make custom stuff.

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 61
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:22:29 PM   
Rudankort

Kriegsspieler

Panzer Corps includes 42 scenarios - more than PG had. The problem is, we had to distribute these amount between more areas. We needed a way to introduce new players to the game, so we have a tutorial campaign (6 scenarios). We also needed some dedicated multiplayer content - balanced and with good replay value - so we have 10 special MP maps. As for the main single player campaign, we do have a longer USA campaign which consists of 3 major scenarios. ;)

But this initial release is only the beginning, and we do plan to create a lot more content in the future. Africa will probably be the first theatre we'll look at.

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 62
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:29:15 PM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_WAR

The editor........WOW,....finally an editor in a game that is usable by a normal person.

Save often as there is no undo option. I found out the hard way after importing a map, and thirty minutes later I made a mistake with a road tile, and nothing would remove it. Lost it all. Save Larry!

(in reply to Scott_WAR)
Post #: 63
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:30:33 PM   
Kriegsspieler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudankort

Kriegsspieler

Panzer Corps includes 42 scenarios - more than PG had. The problem is, we had to distribute these amount between more areas. We needed a way to introduce new players to the game, so we have a tutorial campaign (6 scenarios). We also needed some dedicated multiplayer content - balanced and with good replay value - so we have 10 special MP maps. As for the main single player campaign, we do have a longer USA campaign which consists of 3 major scenarios. ;)

But this initial release is only the beginning, and we do plan to create a lot more content in the future. Africa will probably be the first theatre we'll look at.

Yeah, fair enough. I know the inclusion of MP capability was a HUGE issue for a lot of people. And as I said -- I am certainly enjoying recapturing the fun of the game. I have come close to getting my money's out of it already!

< Message edited by Kriegsspieler -- 7/13/2011 4:31:32 PM >

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 64
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:32:54 PM   
Rudankort

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP
Save often as there is no undo option. I found out the hard way after importing a map, and thirty minutes later I made a mistake with a road tile, and nothing would remove it. Lost it all. Save Larry!

This is not how it is supposed to work. :) Could you please give more details on this? Normally, if you have a wrong tile, you can just go to the layer where this tile is located and delete it with right click on it.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 65
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:37:06 PM   
osiris_slith

I think its a fantastic idea that your units dont get automatically replenished..green replacements are free and elite replacements cost you points..this is very real and if you read books like Men of Steel it was a significant factor as to why late war german formations were not as effective and finally the fact that the german army had a serious manpower shortage after 1941..and it makes the game very fun and all you need to be is more careful in how you plan your battles instead of just bulldozing through..and finally it stops players from building up on cheap units..i think its a great feature and it should not be changed

< Message edited by osiris -- 7/13/2011 4:38:55 PM >

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 66
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 4:38:26 PM   
ccsdc83

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudankort

Kriegsspieler

Please God yes African campaign and online multiplayer like we have now...I need to storm the open sands with tanks!

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 67
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 5:16:36 PM   
ParaB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lord Zimoa

That is already on our wishlist, an army management menu. :-)

Great to hear!

You guys are doing an awesome job.

(in reply to Lord Zimoa)
Post #: 68
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 7:01:50 PM   
osiris_slith

If I would like to see any change in a future patch would be about 3-5 more core slots so that 30% of your core units are not being hogged by the airforce

(in reply to Kriegsspieler)
Post #: 69
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 8:00:09 PM   
krupp_88mm

i dont think your supposed to be able to make an invincible core army in this one try using more auxiliaries or jsut use less bombers

Decisive Campaigns Case Pony

RRRH-Sr Mod Graphix ed V2: http://www.mediafire.com/?dt2wf7fc273zq5k

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 70
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 10:43:35 PM   
Krec

Luv this game . its easy to play. i dont have to read a giant manual and the interface is easy . multi play is so easy to use. GG

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." Patton

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 71
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/13/2011 10:59:40 PM   
ccsdc83

Very easy to start playing indeed, but is still challenging when you ramp the difficulty level up.
I LOVE the multiplayer it's easy to get a game going LGS was right when they said it would be the perfect choice for setup. Plenty of games going as well hope it stays that way.

(in reply to Krec)
Post #: 72
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 1:27:32 AM   
dudalb_slith

Really enjoying it so far.
My only real bitch is no North Africa ,but I understand that the Afrika Korps will show up eventually using this system.

(in reply to ccsdc83)
Post #: 73
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 1:42:04 AM   
parusski

no, i don't thank you !!

Just keep on feeding it with other theaters (Rommel,Pacific etc), and you will
sure ruin my social life.

damn

"i can stop whenever i want, it's turn based ! just one more turn babe !"

Yes indeed. This game started ruining my entire life a few months ago.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to gogol)
Post #: 74
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 2:53:26 AM   
gogol

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

no, i don't thank you !!

Just keep on feeding it with other theaters (Rommel,Pacific etc), and you will
sure ruin my social life.

damn

"i can stop whenever i want, it's turn based ! just one more turn babe !"

Yes indeed. This game started ruining my entire life a few months ago.

?? are you a dev ? ;p this game is out since 3 days max.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 75
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 3:09:18 AM   
mbar

quote:

?? are you a dev ? ;p this game is out since 3 days max.

beta tester

(in reply to gogol)
Post #: 76
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 10:26:21 AM   
jjvedamuthu

Totally takes me back to the original goodness of the original PG. I think I can waste very many hours with this game.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 77
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/14/2011 10:37:34 AM   
Filthy Pierre

Thank you for the game. I have not had a good night's sleep since it's release.

Being forced to reinforce my own armies in between scenarios was a big surprise, but a welcome one. I think it is a good idea.

I have run across only one real problem. I am having some trouble picking core and aux units out from each other. The difference is really subtle.

Other than that I am having an awesome time and I will be glad to throw my money at you for any future expansions.

(in reply to jjvedamuthu)
Post #: 78
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/16/2011 10:32:16 PM   
Hex

quote:

ORIGINAL: lparkh

Biggest issue so far: I like the whole air units can run out of fuel idea (PG1 had that) but I would like a toggle to have it popup and say "you are going to be unable to reach an airbase if you make this move". I know that the red dots mean this but it is so far very easy for me at least to forget this in heat of battle.

I'm against any popups, because I like the general "board" feeling of this game and the red dots work just fine for me, I never made any of the mistakes in that area that you made. Anyways... just my 2 cents. :)

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 79
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/17/2011 6:35:25 AM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hex

I'm against any popups....

Me, too. I get aggravated enough at the new postmortem popup that was added to World of Tanks. We don't need no stinkin' popups in Panzer Corps!

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to Hex)
Post #: 80
RE: Reviews and Impressions? - 7/17/2011 5:46:27 PM   
GaryChildress

Love the game. Love the editor even more. This is a lot of fun and a relative steal at $40.00 compared to other Matrix titles out there. I would highly recommend it to anyone who loved any of the Panzer General games and to anyone trying out their first wargame. Hopefully this should bring some fresh faces to Matrix.

Really the only thing I'm hoping for in a future patch is for a more streamlined way of incorporating user made CAMPAIGNS into the game. Regardless, job well done.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Reviews and Impressions? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI