Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Strike availability

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Strike availability Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Strike availability - 10/14/2002 11:25:39 AM   
jleknes

I'm a little annoyed by the fact that you're not allowed to buy strike missions in some engagements.

If I set up a meeting engagement august 1942 between the Brits and the Germans in the desert with 2 airstrikes for the Brits, I get none :mad:

If I want the airstrikes, then I shouldn't be overruled by the program. I've heard something about historical accuracy etc. but this doesn't justify it at all.

I want SPW@W to provide me with exactly the equippment I want to when I want it!!

Sounds fair, doesn't it?)
Post #: 1
- 10/14/2002 12:11:00 PM   
Jacc

Turn off rarity/true troop cost and manually adjust your settings, like air sorties. After that, you can perhaps modify the OOBs and thus change the availability of Maus from 1949 to 1947 (I did so). However - is it fun to play if you can get it all?

Also, check out the cheats/quirks post somewhere on SPWAW forums.

Pain is for the weak.

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 2
- 10/14/2002 12:19:52 PM   
jleknes

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jacc
[B]Turn off rarity/true troop cost and manually adjust your settings, like air sorties. After that, you can perhaps modify the OOBs and thus change the availability of Maus from 1949 to 1947 (I did so). However - is it fun to play if you can get it all?

Also, check out the cheats/quirks post somewhere on SPWAW forums. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, I've not been using the rarity mode when I've tried to get airstrikes. It's not like I'm trying to get units that are not historical available either. I want Hurricane strike planes in september 1942 or Stukas to support my German assault sometime in 194*.
Not getting this is sooo annoying :o

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 3
- 10/14/2002 7:01:10 PM   
Warrior

Weather and time of day will affect airstrikes. Bad weather or night = no air support or limited airsupport.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 4
- 10/14/2002 9:38:16 PM   
Bing

Believe he is talking about purchasing strike elements, not having them arrive in the game.

You can try making the purchase points maximum, sometimes that works. Also check the OOB editor and make sure the availability dates for the particular aircraft include your scenairo date.

Are you experiencing this difficulty in the Battle Generator or the Editor - it can make a difference. If nothing else works, go to the Editor, set the date, weather, time and make sure purchase points are very high in the Preferences section: I keep the points max at 20,000 for both sides and don't have a problem with CAS purchase.

The show-no show nature of Strike Elements may have something to so with formations. One way around this problem is to open the OOB Editor, find the aircraft you want to be availalbe. No matter what the specific aircraft availability dates are, set them to 1930 to 1949. Save the revised OOB. If the aircraft STILL doesn't show up, you don't have a valid formation in existence.

Under those conditions, you will have to go back into OOB Editor and create stirke element sections via Formations. Usually they consist of two aircraft and there may be a hard coded requirement that this be observed.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 5
- 10/14/2002 9:59:03 PM   
gnoccop

I don't think you ned to modify the oob.
If you wanna air strike set wather manually to 1 (clear) in the battle generetor screen.
Also in the preferences set the number of air strike for each player.
This work for me 100%.

Ciao.

"Violence is the last resource of incompetents". (I. Asimov)

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 6
- 10/15/2002 6:30:02 AM   
young turk

nah, there is a much easier way:

purchase gliders, then delete them.

now, check out the strike elements you can purchase.

ta daa. magic.

(in reply to jleknes)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Strike availability Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI