Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: BUG? can't be WAD - MG and Mortar prod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RE: BUG? can't be WAD - MG and Mortar prod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BUG? can't be WAD - MG and Mortar prod - 7/21/2011 10:22:22 PM   
davetheroad

Swopping out MG34's for new MG42's ? Should not happen

The MG42 is not a replacement equipment for the MG34, just a cheaper to produce alternative.
I presume they fire the same bullets!

I doubt divisions would be asked to hand in their MG34's and it is more likely that
they would be quite happy to get a replacement 34 or 42.

You can count the german MG production as just that, machine guns as i think there were
no different models for heavy MG etc just a mount difference.

MG 34 production continued to rise throughout the war.

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 31
RE: BUG? can't be WAD - MG and Mortar prod - 7/22/2011 12:44:45 PM   
jaw

quote:

ORIGINAL: davetheroad

Swopping out MG34's for new MG42's ? Should not happen

The MG42 is not a replacement equipment for the MG34, just a cheaper to produce alternative.
I presume they fire the same bullets!

I doubt divisions would be asked to hand in their MG34's and it is more likely that
they would be quite happy to get a replacement 34 or 42.

You can count the german MG production as just that, machine guns as i think there were
no different models for heavy MG etc just a mount difference.

MG 34 production continued to rise throughout the war.

Not quite technically correct, the MG42 had a much higher cyclic rate of fire than the MG34 and was cheaper due to how it was made (more stamped parts). Because its ROF was so high it was not suitable (probably due to overheating problems) for use in the fixed mounts of tanks or aircraft hence the continued need for the MG34. As a standalone crew served weapon or a squad automatic weapon the MG42 was unsurpassed and the most feared weapon by Allied/Soviet infantry. It is the basis of all modern machine guns.

That said, I did make a change last night to remove the upgrade path of the MG34 to MG42 in an effort to keep the MG34 in service longer. TOEs will still call for the MG42 at the appropriate time but removal of the upgrade path may slow how fast MG34s get swapped out for MG42s. Production of the MG34 also extends to the end of the game (it always did) so combined with no upgrade you may see MG34s being used longer. Unfortunately I believe you will have to start a new game to see if the change has any effect.

< Message edited by jaw -- 7/22/2011 12:51:01 PM >

(in reply to davetheroad)
Post #: 32
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Tech Support >> RE: BUG? can't be WAD - MG and Mortar prod Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI