Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Cost too much?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Cost too much? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 1:24:00 AM   
HansHafen

Some basic calculations;

1. Units sold......................................................................5,000
2. Price per unit.................................................................39.99
3. Total revenue.........................................................199,950.00.................................(not too bad on first examination!)

4. Less cash investment in production (from above post)........10,000.00(?)...........................189,950.00
5. Less money to Matrix Games..........................................50% (?)..................................99,975.00.......................Ouch!
6. Less taxes, levies, VAT, etc...........................................(?)........................................(   ?   )...........................Argg.
7. Divided by number of partners.........................................10.........................................9,997.50 each.................OMG!
8. Divided by number of years in development........................2...........................................4,998.75 per year each.....Mama

Price is not too high. I want them to make enough profit to support there families so the can continue to make more games in the series!

Star Coprs, Fantasy Corps, Allied Corps, People's Corps, Pacific Corps...

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 31
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 3:08:08 AM   
lparkh

There is a quite good fantasy version of Panzer General out there called Fantasy Wars. But a Star one would be fun.

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 32
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 9:12:32 AM   
papajack

I believe the "original poster" is an old member but using a new second user ID to make this  post

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 33
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 11:04:16 AM   
tomar

For the buyer any price is too high

For the seller any price is too low

That said $40 is what ? a dinner for 2 in a not too fancy restaurant ? a tank full of gas for a rather small car ? a couple of not too recent movies ?

Sounds reasonable to me

(in reply to papajack)
Post #: 34
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 12:09:24 PM   
PirateJock

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tomus
I worry when Matrix decides inflate a game's price such as BftB which went for £65 which is absurb and it drives people from the market.

Different markets ... different prices

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 35
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 12:11:08 PM   
sterckxe

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
All he's doing is letting the people responsible know that the product is not priced right for him. If the company goes on to sell 1000 units when they were expecting 10000 and there are complaints on the forums about the cost then they know why they fell short on sales. If no-one complains about the price and they sell a 1000 instead of the 10000 - they have no idea why that is.

+ 1 - dang, I agreed with JD twice in a single day, I must be getting old

A well voiced complained as to exactly why you won't buy a particular game is more valuable to a developer/publisher than 100 ego-stroking fanmails.

quote:

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd
I am fully aware that I've been guilty of such things in the past...what can I say - I'm a little bit older now

Well, that could be it too

Greetz,

Eddy Sterckx

(in reply to JudgeDredd)
Post #: 36
RE: Cost too much? - 7/20/2011 10:48:37 PM   
kfmiller41

I hate to post on threads like this but the OP was to me so inflammatory that i wanted to defend the publisher. I have paid alot more money for PC and console games that did not have the game play that this one has. And also considering that it is 2011 $40.00 for a PC game by a publisher who really cares about the product and will support it is IHMO a bargain. To call the production values a "joke" and the graphic's "terrible" is funny to me. There are some terrible graphics out there in the gaming world, but for a war game, this sure isn't the place. And as has already been said, what is reasonable for some is unreasonable for others.

< Message edited by miller41 -- 7/20/2011 10:50:00 PM >

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 37
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 2:05:33 AM   
Obsolete

quote:

That said $40 is what ? a dinner for 2 in a not too fancy restaurant ?

20$ for a private lap-dance at the clubs around here. So that buys you two of them. Each lasts for the duration of a song, but if your lucky and the stripper started in the middle of a song, they'll still carry the same dance through the full (next) song.

Sadly, these songs aren't exactly full length symphonies, so you'll be getting a lot more time-value from the distro.

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to kfmiller41)
Post #: 38
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 2:36:11 AM   
fmonster

I, for one, am glad the prices of games on Steam and other sites are cheap on some titles that I want to try, so that I can pay whatever the price for the games I love here at Matrix and support the developers that make the titles that I want to play!

Matrix Games Owned

- American Civil War
- Forge Of Freedom
- John Tiller's Campaign Series
- TOAW III
- War In The Pacific
- War In The Pacific AE
- War Plan Orange
- SP:WaW
- Brother Against Brother
- Carriers at War

(in reply to Obsolete)
Post #: 39
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 3:01:51 AM   
dudalb_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: vonRocko

Plus the game runs smooth as silk. Not one glitch, no patches, needed. Not many games can match that.

Agreed. The game will be patched but for once it will be for actual improvments to the game,not just fixing mistakes.

(in reply to vonRocko)
Post #: 40
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 3:03:35 AM   
dudalb_slith

ANd Fantasy Wars is available for around Ten Bucks at Good Old Games...Heaven's gift to retro gamers.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 41
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 3:47:46 PM   
Strategiusz

But FW is unfriendly to strategists 3D game.

< Message edited by Madlok -- 7/21/2011 3:48:14 PM >

(in reply to dudalb_slith)
Post #: 42
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 7:34:30 PM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: lparkh

There is a quite good fantasy version of Panzer General out there called Fantasy Wars. But a Star one would be fun.

Funny you should mention it but there was a "Star General" version of Panzer General. I bought it in the bargain bin but never really played it.

I go with the person who compared PC to a tank of gas or a dinner date. I've seen much more expensive games out there and consider $40 a bargain. Dinner lasts a few minutes. A tank of gas lasts maybe a week. But PC will last a lot longer.

But I do respect the OPs opinion. If I weren't currently employed I'd be complaining about the price of games in the bargain bin right now. It aint easy to be a gammer on a shoe string budget.

(in reply to lparkh)
Post #: 43
RE: Cost too much? - 7/21/2011 8:21:14 PM   
VPaulus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

But I do respect the OPs opinion. If I weren't currently employed I'd be complaining about the price of games in the bargain bin right now. It aint easy to be a gammer on a shoe string budget.

I'm currently unemployed without any kind of social protection because I was an employer (in my country employers don't have any kind of social protection), and yet I was one of those beta testers who answered to the price poll that wouldn't mind to pay $50 for a PG reboot. You can call me crazy being in the sad situation as I am now, but this at least is making me not getting depressed and helping me in keeping me focus.

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 44
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 8:11:47 PM   
flybynight

Sorry but I agree with the OP... they charged too much for a game that is way subpar, I can't play it for the fact of the very crappy icons.. either they point left or right.. come on guys you can do better than that!!

Go Play Open General.. and see how an Panzer General port should be done!!!!

Note to Devs.. go play some Open General, patch your game, then maybe we can talk!!

< Message edited by flybynight -- 7/22/2011 8:12:19 PM >

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 45
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 8:15:40 PM   
IainMcNeil

I'm assuming you don't have the game ;)

The only people who have really said anything bad about the game are fans of PG who have not played the game but don't want to see their favourite game challenged. If you give it a deeper look you'll see why it's the fastest selling game we've ever released and the reviews are incredible. If you just look at the screens you wont see the depth and detail the game has and the sheer fun it is to play.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 46
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 8:36:20 PM   
flybynight

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

I'm assuming you don't have the game ;)

For sure have the game.... and really feel like its not worth the $40 USD.... after playing Open General (thats Free btw) this game is a serious step back!!

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 47
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 8:40:50 PM   
Razz1

The direction of units change according to the direction they last moved to. Pretty neat eh?
Icons are much better than PG or open General.

You can not even go to work for one week with 40 dollars in Gasoline. It's also less than 4 meals considering it's 10 to 12 bucks for a meal now a days.

I suppose there is a reason they call you flyby night.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 48
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 8:45:31 PM   
LarryP

I think flybynight is the same poster as the OP. Beefing up his\her own original post.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 49
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 9:38:30 PM   
dorjun driver

Sounds like a Chewlies gum representative to me.

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 50
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 10:45:09 PM   
flybynight

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

I think flybynight is the same poster as the OP. Beefing up his\her own original post.

NOT!!!!

And I am sure happy u guys think you got your $ worth!! But I do not!!

Again maybe after a patch or two and they beef up the unit animations, make the maps look a little better, this might be worth the 40 bucks they are asking for!

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 51
RE: Cost too much? - 7/22/2011 11:59:01 PM   
Razz1

Funny! ^

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 52
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 12:17:53 AM   
LarryP

quote:

ORIGINAL: flybynight

quote:

ORIGINAL: LarryP

NOT!!!!

I didn't expect you to admit it. Saying what you did though, I'm sure of it now.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 7/23/2011 12:19:42 AM >

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 53
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 12:48:12 AM   
jjoshua

Sounds like it is the same dude to me....just playing his childish games. This guy is nothing but a professional "Spam" disturbance. Upset that nobody is taking his side of things.

I am not the best strategist gamer by a long sight, but this game is absolutely great...easy to learn the mechanics on, but definitely takes time to master. My hats off to the folks who made it.

Thank you. : < )

(in reply to LarryP)
Post #: 54
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 5:22:03 AM   
jwarrenw13

I agree with LarryP and jjarredd.

(in reply to Tomus)
Post #: 55
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 6:05:45 AM   
flybynight

quote:

This guy is nothing but a professional "Spam" disturbance.

Trust me I am not the same poster as the OP (and I have key code for game to prove it!!)

I still stand by my this is not $40 buck game!! Not when as I said before, There is Open General out there with all the Tons of user added content!

Again come on.. for the most part static Icons?? If I move north, at least point the icon to the north!

The only plus I can say for this game over Open General, is it has the nice splash and info screens in High Rez, and the fact you can set your Rez to 1920X1080.

But again I am sorry, If I am moving a large force to the north, I want my icons to point to the north, and when in battle point to the unit they are fighting, not just either left or right! Guess you guys can live with that.. but after years of playing wargames.. for something to come out in 2011.. and have such limited animations, honsitly if old school game counters where used in this game.. it just might have worked!

And sure I maybe spaming!! but I sure hope a Dev or two will read this.. again as mentioned before: go play some Open General.. get some ideas and make this game have the potential it really should have.

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 56
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 6:55:08 AM   
jjoshua

Then why did you buy it?...Didn't you look at the screen shots. Obviously you could see the graphics before you bought it. You could see which direction the units were pointed and such.

I am quite sure that the Developers are aware of your complaints.

Your entitled to your opinions, I will give you that, but come on....I am more than sure that you or I could never accomplish one thousandth of a game that these folks did. It seem they really put alot of effort, money and time into giving us a great game. hell I still enjoy the first risk game that came out, and those graphics are stoneage.

Be thankful that there are people who continue to make games for us. Appreciation will go far when acknowledged; and I am quite sure they will do upgrades and improvements down the road to pacify you and the other nay-sayers.

Tape a compass to your pc screen, then you will see north all the time. Im am more than sure that Rommel didn't aim his tanks due north every night before he bedded down.

Kinda lame don't you think!

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 57
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 7:34:50 AM   
flybynight

quote:

Tape a compass to your pc screen, then you will see north all the time. Im am more than sure that Rommel didn't aim his tanks due north every night before he bedded down.

Kinda lame don't you think!

LOL too funny.. you know I may be dissing the game.. but I have not dissed a user here.. so err kinda of lame for your kinda of lame don't you think??

Speaking of Rommel... Look up Patton Versus Rommel published by EA years ago (many years ago) .. I've been playing these type of games for years and years so I've earned my right to post when I think a game is not up to par!! And even more so when it comes to this subject of games..

Want to go back in years even more?? Search for a game called Tanktics by Avalon hill, ran it on a TRS-80, and it came with a game board and the program will tell you where to place the counters.

So a game comes out.. says it's better and updated as quoted " brings it up to 21st century standards and to a whole new generation of gamers"

And I find it's not even better than an open source project (again other than it runs full screen and the high res info screens)

So yes.. 40 bucks of my hard earned money (that as someone said could fill up a gas tank) has not been spent well, and could have in fact been used better in the gas tank!!!

(in reply to jjoshua)
Post #: 58
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 7:55:08 AM   
Obsolete

quote:

I...am... so.... confused....

King-Tigers don't let Tiger-I's get over-run.

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 59
RE: Cost too much? - 7/23/2011 8:45:35 AM   
Rood

quote:

ORIGINAL: flybynight[...]If I am moving a large force to the north, I want my icons to point to the north, and when in battle point to the unit they are fighting, not just either left or right![...]

And...that is...it?
Your only point of criticism?

There is no flanking in this game so what you get is just a visual display, if you want more candy then go to your mum and bang your little fist on the table MUMMMAAAH I WANT MY CANDY...

(in reply to flybynight)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Cost too much? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI