Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wishlist

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wishlist - 7/22/2011 6:09:21 PM   
Zerstorer

ORIGINAL: Dale H
3) When select unit in list would like map to jump & center on that unit.

I believe what he meant was that if selected unit isn't already in the center of your viewing area. If a unit is already visible "somewhere" on your computer screen ie; near a corner etc. then the icon's position remains in the corner even when selected (instead of relocating to the center the screen) so the area around the unit is not entirely visible in all directions. The display contrast is also not very high, so the player needs to "search" the screen to find the selected unit... it just would be helpful if the map centered on the unit.

< Message edited by Zerstorer -- 7/22/2011 6:20:30 PM >

The Original Panzer General Zerstorer

(in reply to Rudankort)
Post #: 31
RE: Wishlist - 7/24/2011 3:15:27 PM   
dorjun driver

After battle resolution, some way (other than memory) of showing which of ones units have been lost.  And perhaps on the “Casualties” screen, indicating losses by current battle as well as campaign.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 32
RE: Wishlist - 7/25/2011 6:46:33 AM   
HansHafen

Make a button that makes the sprites face their attacker and the way they are moving so peoples heads won't explode anymore.

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 33
RE: Wishlist - 7/25/2011 7:42:26 AM   
Visery

Why does it matter which direction the sprites are facing? I would rather have an easy visual reference to tell me which units are core and which are scenario fodder.

Fortifications sprites that doesn't vanish from the map after being spotted would be a big deal too.

< Message edited by Visery -- 7/25/2011 7:44:05 AM >

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 34
RE: Wishlist - 7/25/2011 10:08:30 PM   
terje439

-Some easier way to tell core units from aux units would indeed be nice (I think PG used black and white numbers on the counters?)
-longer campaigns, also Africa should be part of the campaign as it was in PG

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Visery)
Post #: 35
RE: Wishlist - 8/6/2011 12:28:49 AM   
elmo3

I'd like the ability to see eligible hexes (via hotkey maybe) for placing a new unit before going to the Purchase screen.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 36
RE: Wishlist - 8/6/2011 1:41:00 AM   
rich12545

Make it easier to add additional campaigns without a duplicate file that needs to be replaced.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 37
RE: Wishlist - 8/6/2011 8:49:25 AM   
Amadeus

I would like to give way points. Sometimes this is needed.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 38
RE: Wishlist - 8/7/2011 7:16:05 PM   
Razz1

Ability to allocate prestige points to units, not just all or none.
Dirt Roads.

It has been recommended, but want to repeat here: A counter system in the right hand corner for victory conditions. Can be used in SP, MP and campaign.
While in will not meet all victory conditions of every game ,ie. hunters of the Atlantic this change is required.

...................Required..............Current
................Victory conditions...Axis........Allies
Flags..................5..............0...........5
Victory hexes... ......3..............3...........6
Secondary Objectives...2..............2...........0

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Razz -- 8/7/2011 7:20:13 PM >

(in reply to Amadeus)
Post #: 39
RE: Wishlist - 8/9/2011 8:48:12 PM   
jaldaen

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich12545
Make it easier to add additional campaigns without a duplicate file that needs to be replaced.

I'd love to see this, too! I know how to make backup original files and replace, etc. but I'd perfer to not have to do that. One reason I've enjoyed Civilization V is because of how easy they made modding. It adds so much to replayablilty.

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 40
RE: Wishlist - 8/10/2011 1:54:32 AM   
CptFeubahr

+1 for adding a "star" or marker on the field unit, to show the special status, ala PG2

It was always very easy to re-organize your battlegroups in PG2, during a battle, by converging the units with 'stars' for the next objective

All the best,

Feubahr

(in reply to jaldaen)
Post #: 41
RE: Wishlist - 8/10/2011 4:10:42 PM   
soldier1

As previously mentioned, a casualty list for scenario and campaign, and another zoom option.
A modswap program for custom unit sets and campaigns would be cool.
A way of seeing which units have hero abilities in the campaign.

< Message edited by soldier1 -- 8/10/2011 4:13:36 PM >

(in reply to CptFeubahr)
Post #: 42
RE: Wishlist - 8/10/2011 5:17:11 PM   
greykemp@gmail.com

Add my vote to the Air Unit problem. I often have air units I want to stay in place and a CAN'T get off the unit unless I scroll the map out of range and click a hex.
Awesome game. These are mostly nit-picks. Thank you for doing this one.

dig In

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 43
RE: Wishlist - 8/10/2011 6:14:51 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: DigIn

Add my vote to the Air Unit problem. I often have air units I want to stay in place and a CAN'T get off the unit unless I scroll the map out of range and click a hex.
Awesome game. These are mostly nit-picks. Thank you for doing this one.

Oh that's easy, just press "backspace" on your keyboard and the unit gets un-selected. Goes for landunits too.

(in reply to greykemp@gmail.com)
Post #: 44
RE: Wishlist - 8/10/2011 8:14:12 PM   
Wik

I would like the Libary to have information and pictures of all units :) and there cons and pros.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 45
RE: Wishlist - 8/11/2011 1:07:20 AM   
HansHafen

I'd like rain and thunder sounds ala Panzer General III Scorched Earth. That was aswesome and sooothing...

(in reply to Wik)
Post #: 46
RE: Wishlist - 8/11/2011 11:50:02 PM   
LeeChard

This would be a big one. Be able to play the Allies against the AI.

(in reply to HansHafen)
Post #: 47
RE: Wishlist - 8/12/2011 5:11:22 AM   
Razz1

^ That is already possible.
Take a look at MP maps too!

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 48
RE: Wishlist - 8/12/2011 4:14:15 PM   
zoul310

Some wishes to that fantastic game.

- Longer campaign especially in the East. Sebastopol and karkov are a big miss.
- Too many JS2 in 44/45 making the game unrealistic. Needing too many Tiger II...

- Fix Air Unit selection issue as mentioned.
- Way to see which units have hero abilities.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 49
RE: Wishlist - 8/12/2011 5:30:17 PM   
Byeohazard

I'd like a way to play back the game at the conclusion and be able to see the war from my opponents view as well. Also like the idea about a system that counts how many Victory points you control vs. your enemy.

(in reply to zoul310)
Post #: 50
RE: Wishlist - 8/12/2011 7:37:08 PM   
soldier1

It would be good to be able to set difficulty in hot seat mode. i liked the way of changing prestige and experience in the original PG as a way of making some of the unbalanced historical scenarios better for 2 player games.

(in reply to Byeohazard)
Post #: 51
RE: Wishlist - 8/13/2011 3:29:41 PM   
tivi4u

My 20 cents:
- Unit info screen - see extra bonus from commanders and experience at a glimpse (+1)
- See the campaign tree (or be able to access the library) when having to chose a path
- Quicksave and Quickload slot
- Information window of decisive victory requirements when one is in mid-turn
- Better information about DV (e.g. by end of turn 12 instead of "5 turns remaining") - i always get confused about the actual last turn
- Information on how to earn prestige (how many for normal cities, victory hexes, killed units, etc.)
- Access detailed unit info screen during deploy, purchase and upgrade
- Stats Panel needs improvement (leaders, bonuses, etc.) and include experience, name, type, etc. - generally, the information is too spread out
- Show number of turns for decisive vicrory in deploy screen
- Show used core slots in purchase screen
- Improve upgrade paths for equipment (cannot upgrade tiger I to tiger II?) - at late game its better to buy new than upgrade existing units into the monsters that we love
- Sometimes, strategic bombers don't show their animation when attacking without damage/suppress (intended or bug?)
- What do units get experience for? (taking cities, taking victory hexes, damaging units, suppressing units, killing units, surviving, etc.?)
- window mode
- what are the differences in difficulty settings?
- more tool tips (e.g. in options, what is 1-button and 2-button mouse setting)
- cannot recognize infantry SE
- show no. of regular and SE units to deploy
- mouse over tool tips when in fullscreen, better use of a fullscreen feature (e.g. info overlay on top center like PG2)
- scout icon to move missing after a scout move with movement points left
- need more prestige for decisive victory, otherwise no incentive to do it
- Completed library
- Easier mod installation

Multiplayer:
- Campaigns with core units (or is that possible?)

(in reply to soldier1)
Post #: 52
RE: Wishlist - 8/14/2011 5:51:30 PM   
jaldaen

I posted about this in the mods and scenario forum, but I'd love to have the ability for a scenario/campaign to be able to load modded rules files without having to replace the core files.

For example:

Say I wanted to mod the order of scenarios in the main campaign. I could open the scenario editor and have the option to have my campaign maps load an alternative campaign.pzdat. This file could be located in a Panzer Corp/Mods/<name of campaign> folder. Whenever I loaded my new campaign the game use the campaign.pzdat from the Mods folder rather than the one included in the main game.

Or if I wanted a scenario to use different unit stats and rules, I could have the scenario/campaign draw upon the alternative files as determined by the scenario editor. This could be another tab in the scenario editor that you can use to set which modded files you would like to use. The default would be to use the core files so that if you like Panzer Corps as is, then you don't have to do anything. But if you want your scenario/campaign to have unique rules, then you'd pick the modded files and the scenario/campaign would use them instead of the core files.

Thanks,
Joseph

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 53
RE: Wishlist - 8/20/2011 1:30:38 AM   
luluxiu

I do not know what is effective against bunkers, and try to air and see who is the most effective software and hardware units. Therefore, if there is no way - I think my collection.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 54
RE: Wishlist - 8/27/2011 3:59:11 PM   
Peeking Duck?

Please, if there is a God, support windowed mode.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 55
RE: Wishlist - 8/28/2011 4:48:27 PM   
flakfernrohr

More scenarios and campaigns in Eastern Europe when the Tigers, Panthers, Stugs, Panzerjager and PzIVJ tanks and the better Russian armor fought. Total neglect of Northern Europe, Leningrad and the withdrawal to the City of Koenigsburg (Read Tigers in the Mud by Otto Carius), Memel, Latvia, Estonia, East Prussia (Read The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer) and through Northern Poland. Answer: MORE expansion packs or mod developed. Neglect of many armor battles in Belarus and Ukraine, Crimean Peninsula and around Odessa, Kirovograd, Dnepr River, Cherkassy etc. Answer: More expansion packs and Mod developments. More scenarios in Northern Europe NEEDED (Horchwald Gap, Stavelot, Falaise Pocket, Hurtgen Forest, Rhineland advance, armor battles fought by Patton, Operation Dragoon in Southern France. The game is big already but it could be HUGE!

(in reply to Peeking Duck?)
Post #: 56
RE: Wishlist - 8/30/2011 3:40:56 AM   
jaggy

@tivi4u - a very comprehensive list! Agree with all of them.

(in reply to tivi4u)
Post #: 57
RE: Wishlist - 9/1/2011 3:29:01 PM   
_Flin_

- During Deployment I'd like to be able to see how far the trucks/halftracks are moving without having to go to the upgrade dialogue.
- Air reconnaissance units
- Better predictions
- bugfix: Movement icon indicating that Recon still has moves left
- bugfix: Next unit icon sometimes grey and unusable although still actions available
- bugfix: take city with recon in between moves

EDIT2:
- Deployment and Upgrade really need to have more information. I have no idea about heroes and their abilities. So now I do not know which of my heroes has the +1 Spotting. But I need to know desperately. Neither does it show in the unit stats nor can I get to the hero list. Proposal: Transform the stats panel into a Container containing three panels. unit stats, hero stats, transport stats.

< Message edited by _Flin_ -- 9/8/2011 3:45:29 PM >

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Wishlist Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI