Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/25/2011 4:28:06 PM   
Manticore

Hello,

Why was Combat Leader cancelled? Wasn't it well under production? I remember screenshots, and didn't Matrix ask forum members to do historical research for them? Was it because they feared there wasn't much demand for such a game anymore? But then with the recent success of Panzer Corps (basically a carbon-copy of Panzer General), I don't see how a new Steel Panther game would fare any worse, since it provides just the right combination of complexity and entertainment that we wargamers love.
Post #: 1
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/28/2011 1:57:54 AM   
Alby

Work was also started on 'Steel Tigers', (kind of a vastly updated SteelPanthers), but was suddenly stopped, those of us who worked on the intial phases never did get an explanation.

(in reply to Manticore)
Post #: 2
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/28/2011 6:57:19 AM   
Manticore

That makes me a sad panda

A game like Panzer Corps, which I'm sure many thought was too niche of a market to be a success, seems to be one of the top games right now at Gamespot, and was such a success that they met their monthly goal, like within a day, and the developers have already expressed their intent to keep on developing it for years ahead, while games like Steel Panthers is left in the dirt.

The developers of Panzer Corp basically took the tried-and-true method and kept it sample, basically only updating the graphics, and slightly improving the AI, which is what the gamers wanted in the first place.

With the experience Matrixgames has with the Steel Panthers series, and its base of dedicated fan, who I'm sure are willing to volunteer their time for beer and pretzel , I don't see why the project was cancelled mid-way without any explanation. Just update the graphics, improve the AI, and fix some bugs, like the skewy line of sight system, and I'm sure people will be buying it left and right.

I know it's the only game that I'm willing to pre-order and pay even $100 for.

< Message edited by Manticore -- 7/28/2011 6:58:41 AM >

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/30/2011 3:48:17 AM   
caaraa

That is right.

(in reply to Manticore)
Post #: 4
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/31/2011 1:23:45 PM   
Alby

Is this Caaraa just trying to reach a level of post number or something? some off the wall replies that make no sense...LOL

(in reply to caaraa)
Post #: 5
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/31/2011 1:38:37 PM   
Manticore

What do you think are the chances we will ever see a Steel Panthers remake? With the general downward spiral in PC gaming we are witnessing today, I am not holding my breath.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
RE: Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? - 7/31/2011 4:16:35 PM   
Alby

We started one, it was cancelled (why i dont know)...so who knows.....

(in reply to Manticore)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Why was Combat Leader(?) Cancelled? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI