Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: THE THREAD!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 1:21:59 AM   
Mynok

quote:

Fabregas and (possibly) Nasri and Modric are key ones.

Obviously, I'm watching the Fabregas situation closely.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 25291
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 2:23:30 AM   
BrucePowers

Late evening tithe.

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 25292
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:12:26 AM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dixie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

To my brothers of the British persuasion:

Why are your coins so confusing? There are far too many denominations, some of them surely worth less than it costs to make them, and they follow no logical pattern of size and shape. In the name of The Thread, WTF?????

It confuses foreigners. It can't be that hard can it? They've got numbers stamped on them after all.

LOL! At least we still have our own currency!

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Dixie)
Post #: 25293
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 8:44:50 AM   
Terminus

So do we. That doesn't mean we have to have 7,913 different types of coins.

We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.

(in reply to goodboyladdie)
Post #: 25294
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 9:09:42 AM   
goodboyladdie

1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2. How hard can it be? You can still buy things for 1p too!

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25295
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 11:04:57 AM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Good morning!

Leo "Apollo11"

Prior Preparation & Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance!

A & B: WitW, WitE, WbtS, GGWaW, GGWaW2-AWD, HttR, CotA, BftB, CF
P: UV, WitP, WitP-AE

Post #: 25296
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 11:38:34 AM   
Terminus

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodboyladdie

1p, 2p, 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1 and £2. How hard can it be? You can still buy things for 1p too!

Yeah, why IS that, exactly?

Post #: 25297
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 1:30:45 PM   
thegreatwent

quote:

And then there were none....

I adopted a kitten from our school's Orphan Kitten Project in 1992. Golem was a little 6 week-old tortoise kitten who had been abandoned by her mother. Golem's sister (another tortoise female) didn't last long due to bladder and kidney issues. Golem was a very affectionate kitten, considering that she was an orphan kitten (!) and a tortoise (!!) as well. I kept her for 19 years.

She had been battling hyperthyroidism and lower urinary tract disease for more than a year. This morning I awoke to find her basically decerebrate-staring blankly at her water dish, with no interest in food or water. She was staggering around a bit and had difficulty with her balance. She had been losing some weight, but I thought that had hit a plateau and was at least stable. Old cats that chronically compensate will frequently crash and burn very quickly. They've used up their body stores and their ability to fend off fate. Golem was crashing.

I brought her in to the University this morning for humane euthanasia. I insisted that they assign a first year intern and any emergency students to the case. At least Golem could provide some 'teachable moments' for someone in her last moments on Earth. They placed a femoral catheter and brought me to a nice 'comfy' room with calm and relaxed decor. Golem looked around a bit, but I mostly just used the time to say goodbye and keep her calm.

In the end, she flinched a bit with the administration of the pentobarbitol, but then relaxed. Once again, her coat was smooth, she was relaxed and all was well. I stayed there stroking her for 20 minutes or so before she was taken. I cried a little, thinking of all that we had been through together.

They cast a paw print with a tuft of hair as a keepsake for animals euthanized at the hospital. It's a nice touch. I insisted that she be necropsied-one last opportunity for students on pathology rounds in the diagnostic lab to benefit and learn.

When my wife and I combined households, we had five cats, a dog and two birds. Now, there are none.

My condolences Andre. I am glad you got to be with Golem at the end, it meant a lot for me to be there for my own pets. When I lost my last buddy, leaving us without a pet, it didn't take long before I was trolling rescue shelters for a new friend...

I must admit going from a Methuselah of a cat to a couple of 3 year old cats was a shock. Suddenly nothing was safe in the house agian

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 25298
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 1:34:10 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Oh my... a van hit parked Ferrari (on island Pag in Croatia) and this happened...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25299
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 1:51:40 PM   
Terminus

Well, hacker group "Anonymous" have announced that they're going to "destroy" Facebook on November 5. Is anybody else tired of these snotty little brats with their proxy server logins? Who the **** do they think they are?

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 25300
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:10:20 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

I adopted a kitten from our school's Orphan Kitten Project in 1992. Golem was a little 6 week-old tortoise kitten who had been abandoned by her mother. Golem's sister (another tortoise female) didn't last long due to bladder and kidney issues. Golem was a very affectionate kitten, considering that she was an orphan kitten (!) and a tortoise (!!) as well. I kept her for 19 years.

She had been battling hyperthyroidism and lower urinary tract disease for more than a year. This morning I awoke to find her basically decerebrate-staring blankly at her water dish, with no interest in food or water. She was staggering around a bit and had difficulty with her balance. She had been losing some weight, but I thought that had hit a plateau and was at least stable. Old cats that chronically compensate will frequently crash and burn very quickly. They've used up their body stores and their ability to fend off fate. Golem was crashing.

I brought her in to the University this morning for humane euthanasia. I insisted that they assign a first year intern and any emergency students to the case. At least Golem could provide some 'teachable moments' for someone in her last moments on Earth. They placed a femoral catheter and brought me to a nice 'comfy' room with calm and relaxed decor. Golem looked around a bit, but I mostly just used the time to say goodbye and keep her calm.

In the end, she flinched a bit with the administration of the pentobarbitol, but then relaxed. Once again, her coat was smooth, she was relaxed and all was well. I stayed there stroking her for 20 minutes or so before she was taken. I cried a little, thinking of all that we had been through together.

They cast a paw print with a tuft of hair as a keepsake for animals euthanized at the hospital. It's a nice touch. I insisted that she be necropsied-one last opportunity for students on pathology rounds in the diagnostic lab to benefit and learn.

When my wife and I combined households, we had five cats, a dog and two birds. Now, there are none.

Our condolences, Andre.

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 25301
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:14:00 PM   
USSAmerica

Good Monday morning - Tithe. 

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 25302
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:16:05 PM   
USSAmerica

Managed to get up and out early enough this morning for a beautiful, long walk. This was one of the views:

Attachment (1)

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 25303
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:17:17 PM   
USSAmerica

Holy bandwith, Batman!  Sorry about the size.  I didn't realize my phone was taking them that big.  

Mike

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 25304
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:19:28 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

Holy bandwith, Batman!  Sorry about the size.  I didn't realize my phone was taking them that big.  

Nice picture Mike!

BTW, your Palm Pre is not making big pictures at all (in today's standards)...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 25305
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:20:42 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

Well, hacker group "Anonymous" have announced that they're going to "destroy" Facebook on November 5. Is anybody else tired of these snotty little brats with their proxy server logins? Who the **** do they think they are?

Kristian what do you mean by:

"proxy server logins"

?

Leo "Apolo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25306
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:55:22 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Apollo11

Hi all,

Oh my... a van hit parked Ferrari (on island Pag in Croatia) and this happened...
Leo "Apollo11"

Leo-are you sure it's not like the car in "The Spy Who Loved Me"? Maybe it needed a little more in the water to deploy its propellers?

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 25307
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 3:57:28 PM   
Chickenboy

Morning tithe...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 25308
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 4:07:10 PM   
goodboyladdie

quote:

quote:

Because we have the only real currency left in Europe

Art by the amazing Dixie

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25309
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 4:11:40 PM   
Mynok

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

"proxy server logins"

?

Leo "Apolo11"

Things like Tor, I'd suspect? To hide their real IP addresses, of course.

"Measure civilization by the ability of citizens to mock government with impunity" -- Unknown

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 25310
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 4:31:34 PM   
Nikademus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mynok

We took in a little stray called Rijel about ten years ago. Found out early on that he had feline HIV, so his time was short. He crashed one day almost exactly like Golem did. My wife had to take him to be euthanized. I never got to say goodbye to the little tyke. Haunts me to this day. I came home from work to my wife sitting in a chair with Rijel at her feet. She was crying and did for a couple of days. Buried him in the backyard with nice stone marker. I miss all my departed pets, but him the most by far. He was a sweet little guy who deserved better than he got from life.

While panned by many.....i was always kind of intrigued by the movie "Next.." (With Nicholas Cage) about a man who could predict the future around him within 7-15 seconds or more depending on the situation. Like any "superpower" other characters thought it was neat......Cage's character would, like all those Vampire movies, just smile knowingly (Be Careful What You Wish For)

Still.....its times like these that make you wince for not knowing what the future holds. One of my greatest regrets of recent will be not having had the guts to bother Chennelle's new owner to see her. I had been passing by her home just two days before she was killed and we made eye contact...she came running down the stairs to the Hostel entrance and waited at the door for me, front paws on the glass....me on the other side (door was locked of course) So close....but we couldn't touch. I removed myself from the scene before she woke up/bothered Tony with her noises. I had no idea that that would be the last time i would ever see her alive. I'll go to my grave with that chill thought.

Sorry to hear about your loss CB. It sucks. No better way to put it. All we can do is cherish the good memories. I suppose there's a reason why our pets don't have lives as long as ours on average. No idea what that reason is and can't ask the Man upstairs. But i'm always told there's a reason for everything.

< Message edited by Nikademus -- 8/8/2011 4:32:39 PM >

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 25311
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 4:39:26 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

Kristian leaves London and riots break out...

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25312
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 4:46:45 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Leo-are you sure it's not like the car in "The Spy Who Loved Me"? Maybe it needed a little more in the water to deploy its propellers?

Well... if you are going to make a submersible car, it's probably best not to use a convertible with the top down! That would be a little rough on those Saville Row suits!

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 25313
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 5:40:38 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Still.....its times like these that make you wince for not knowing what the future holds. One of my greatest regrets of recent will be not having had the guts to bother Chennelle's new owner to see her. I had been passing by her home just two days before she was killed and we made eye contact...she came running down the stairs to the Hostel entrance and waited at the door for me, front paws on the glass....me on the other side (door was locked of course) So close....but we couldn't touch. I removed myself from the scene before she woke up/bothered Tony with her noises. I had no idea that that would be the last time i would ever see her alive. I'll go to my grave with that chill thought.

Sorry to hear about that. Dwell on the good moments with her, not one of the thousands of misses that are inevitable in all lives.

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 25314
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 5:56:47 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nikademus

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to Nikademus)
Post #: 25315
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:08:12 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

...and this is why i shouldn't read The Thread at work...hard to look professional with tears welling up in your eyes...

condolences, CB...they never stay long enough...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 25316
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:09:11 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

Hi all,

quote:

"proxy server logins"

?

Leo "Apolo11"

What the Martian said...

(in reply to Mynok)
Post #: 25317
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:09:20 PM   
Kwik E Mart

quote:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

well, at least the fuzzy die stayed dry...

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude!
Ron Swanson: Clear alcohols are for rich women on diets.

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 25318
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:12:33 PM   
Terminus

quote:

quote:

quote:

Because we have the only real currency left in Europe

Yeah, I think you should go back to pre-decimalization, too!

Post #: 25319
RE: THE THREAD!!! - 8/8/2011 7:20:49 PM   
Apollo11

Hi all,

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

"proxy server logins"

?

What the Martian said...

I asked because the statement is well... ambiguous...

Most Proxies are so-called "Web Proxy" (I have set up the LINUX "Web Proxy" at work - all workstations have access to Internet via proxy and not directly) and they only serve to facilitate access to HTTP via them!

Thus the only way someone can log in to some remote machine via "Web Proxy" is if the targeted machine facilitates some sort of Web Server that is accessed via HTTP protocol and has some sort of username/password authentication...

Therefore "Web Proxy" software can't be used to automatically facilitate other Internet usages!

Leo "Apolo11"

(in reply to Terminus)
Post #: 25320
Page:   <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> RE: THE THREAD!!! Page: <<   < prev  842 843 [844] 845 846   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI