Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Game Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game Crash - 8/24/2011 11:34:28 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

Since upgrading to the latest revision of DW I am getting an error when I investigate a star base that is well into the story line. I have received the same error in the past four games I have played. The error is reported as an unhandled exception error.

Any ideas? Maybe a missing file?

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Game Crash - 8/25/2011 7:02:34 AM   
Data

If that is the case than this should not be reproducible on another computer. Upload a save game to test this for those of us who have the same setup as you.

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Harmonious Hegemony)
Post #: 2
RE: Game Crash - 8/25/2011 8:19:17 PM   
Harmonious Hegemony

I tried to upload the save game file but received a File is Too Large error (the zip file is 12.1MB). I'm not sure if it would have helped though, as I saved right after receiving the message so the trigger has already happened and I don't think it can be made to happen again. I am running on a Win 7, 64 bit OS with an AMD quad core.

I think this crash is the delivery of the last of the story line messages and it should be rather interesting. I am hoping I can figure out how to see it, although this seems to be a "hard" error in that it has happened at exactly this point in several games now. As it is, the system catches the error and I can continue on, just without benefit of this message. Do you recall what this last story line message reveals?

(in reply to Data)
Post #: 3
RE: Game Crash - 8/26/2011 8:23:10 AM   
Data

Ah, if the save is after the trigger than indeed it would not help. 12mb is small enough though for Matrix's ftp site -> http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415085

...Igniting stellar cores....Recharging reactors...Recalibrating hyperdrives....

(in reply to Harmonious Hegemony)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Game Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI