Game Crash (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support

Harmonious Hegemony -> Game Crash (8/24/2011 11:34:28 PM)

Since upgrading to the latest revision of DW I am getting an error when I investigate a star base that is well into the story line. I have received the same error in the past four games I have played. The error is reported as an unhandled exception error.

Any ideas? Maybe a missing file?

[image]local://upfiles/38727/621BA061A32D49F4AC8258BFBAF874C9.gif[/image]

Data -> RE: Game Crash (8/25/2011 7:02:34 AM)

If that is the case than this should not be reproducible on another computer. Upload a save game to test this for those of us who have the same setup as you.

Harmonious Hegemony -> RE: Game Crash (8/25/2011 8:19:17 PM)

I tried to upload the save game file but received a File is Too Large error (the zip file is 12.1MB). I'm not sure if it would have helped though, as I saved right after receiving the message so the trigger has already happened and I don't think it can be made to happen again. I am running on a Win 7, 64 bit OS with an AMD quad core.

I think this crash is the delivery of the last of the story line messages and it should be rather interesting. I am hoping I can figure out how to see it, although this seems to be a "hard" error in that it has happened at exactly this point in several games now. As it is, the system catches the error and I can continue on, just without benefit of this message. Do you recall what this last story line message reveals?

Data -> RE: Game Crash (8/26/2011 8:23:10 AM)

Ah, if the save is after the trigger than indeed it would not help. 12mb is small enough though for Matrix's ftp site -> http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2415085

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI