Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Patch 1.o5 request

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Patch 1.o5 request Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Patch 1.o5 request - 8/31/2011 9:56:44 PM   
osiris_slith

HI

I was wondering if 3 possible additions could be made to the 1.o5 patch since its going to be out later

Terrain
1: Corn fields
2: Tall grass
2: Bigger Gullies
3: Shell craters for scenario design
4: Pontoon bridges for the map editor

LOS range:
Wheat fields should have a different LOS range-maybe 2 to 4 hexes
Corn fields should be 1 hex

Windowed
3: Anychance of patch 1.o5 will make JTCS windowed? Would solve a lot of graphic compatibility issue--maybe even delay 1.05 to make the game windowed?

Rene
Post #: 1
RE: Patch 1.o5 request - 9/3/2011 10:28:06 PM   
Miamieagle

I would like to see all new Nationalities included in the new Generated battle format. A easier way to make new maps. Infrastrucure that can be damage like Buildings and Bridges.

A way to include C47 and other transport Airplanes and more Naval Ships so that we would or can mimic simple Naval Battle like the Battle of Guadacanal.

I believe this upgrades would make John Tiller campaign series a better representative of World war two.

It would be nice to have a DCG of the Sino-Japanese Incidence,Nomohan Incident,Invation of Japan,Manchuria,Salerno,Invation of Sothern France,Secound Finland War with Russia.

We also need a upgrade of the USA Army and Manine units i n the Pacific Theater. It would be nice to able to Generate Beach landing in the Battle Generated mode.

Thank you

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Patch 1.o5 request - 9/5/2011 4:07:15 PM   
kool_kat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle
A way to include C47 and other transport Airplanes and more Naval Ships so that we would or can mimic simple Naval Battle like the Battle of Guadacanal.

No! CS is tactical land WW2 platoon and company-level game - not sea combat? There are other tactical and strategic naval games? Why ruin CS for other players who wish to play a tactical land combat game?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Miamieagle
I believe this upgrades would make John Tiller campaign series a better representative of World war two.

No - it would not! Again, you are proposing to fundamentally change a tactical-oriented platoon and company-level land combat game into something it is not?

Regards, - Mike

"You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else." - Albert Einstein

(in reply to Miamieagle)
Post #: 3
RE: Patch 1.o5 request - 9/7/2011 4:33:06 PM   
CaptainHuge

I think transport airplanes are already taken into account by the ability to deploy paratroops. Integrating more naval aspects into the game is an interesting idea, but I am not sure the current engine setup would support it well. I think a lot of us would agree that the pacific theater could certainly do with more detail and I for one would really like to see more nationalities included in the generated battle format as that is what I play most often.

(in reply to osiris_slith)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Patch 1.o5 request Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI