Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stupid Ju88

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stupid Ju88 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stupid Ju88 - 1/4/2001 5:03:00 AM   
Blackbird

What's wrong with them?!? First time I marked drop zone few hexes from map border and Ju88A-1 showed up probably too close. It said that he's targeting KV-1, but when he was over him he turned and was gone. Maybe he needs to be further when targeting, or he can not attack? But that would mean that there is nothing outside of the map. Second time I have found some fortifications, and set drop zone on them (this time in middle of the map). But when Ju88A-4 was over them he noticed a bunker three hexes to the north and changed direction. Same as before, he did nothing (except for spotting that bunker). OK, I can understand that for some reasons bomber can't drop cargo. But after that they get 1 damage, and can not be used again. Shouldn't they be available if they have bombs and no real damage? And once again the computer mixed something up and I saw all of my enemy's units. Anyone else have this problem (so far I have seen it only in hotseat)?

Post #: 1
- 1/4/2001 5:13:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

Welcome to the joys of coordinating air forces in WW2 You are lucky they didn't bomb you by mistake! Remeber - you have much more situational awareness of the locations of things (in an artificial grid) than a real commander, so don't be too upset when they do not see what you see! THe "1 special damage" means thecrew either saw juicier target off the map, decided that the visibility was not good, they could not determine enemy form friendly troops, had a mechanicla difficulty, etc. , etc. THe problem of seeing the other guys forces when planes fly is one that is a not likely to be fixed any time soon, it represents a huge time investment to fix. Maybe someday...but its WAY low on the priority list...Sorry guys The easy answer is not use planes so they show up in the other guys turn (ensure delay is .1 or .2)

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 2
- 1/4/2001 10:19:00 AM   
Lou

Paul Actually, given the examples you used and the fact that we are dealing with a/c without the benefit infrared targeting, radar, or the like, the a/c act pretty close to reality. I remember reading about an incident that occured during a Marine invasion. It seems that the unit in question put out their orange i.d. panels as per ordered. A Corsair saw the panels and assumed that the Japanese had stolen them from an overrun unit. He then bombed his buddies. However, I will say this. It does seem that my guys suffer from "friendly fire" more often then my computer opponent. That is until the recent incident while playing the victors. My guys had been handled roughly by the Russian fighters for most of the game. During one turn, one of the guys teed up on a Pershing of mine. Tears of rage turned into tears of joy when he flew right over the Pershing and knocked the stuffing out of one of his big boys (I forget which brand tank it was) My girlfriend rushed over to see why I was crying. "Nothing baby. I'm just happy that a Russian pilot just roasted some of his own guys." ;-) Lou

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 3
- 1/4/2001 10:57:00 PM   
Warrior

Pilots seem to have their own agenda. Playing the Japs in a WWII campaign, I constantly had my planes going to targets I didn't need or want attacked at the time, particularly armor. I had to destroy every vehicle on the map before the idiots would target the infantry like I ordered, by which time I had already dealt with them! It's just one of those wonderous things that make SPWaW battles unpredictable.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 4
- 1/5/2001 6:04:00 AM   
Blackbird

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Paul Vebber: Welcome to the joys of coordinating air forces in WW2 You are lucky they didn't bomb you by mistake! Remeber - you have much more situational awareness of the locations of things (in an artificial grid) than a real commander, so don't be too upset when they do not see what you see! OK, I don't have anything against that. But it bothers me that he picks his target too late. And then he flys sideways to target and gets out. According to my expirience in this game if I target that bunker the chance for boms to hit the hex are about 80%. If I target few hexes next to bunker, he will be in bunker hex but will never drop anything. I know that there is some infantry, so I just want him to drop those bombs. THe problem of seeing the other guys forces when planes fly is one that is a not likely to be fixed any time soon, it represents a huge time investment to fix. Maybe someday...but its WAY low on the priority list...Sorry guys The easy answer is not use planes so they show up in the other guys turn (ensure delay is .1 or .2) I've seen it even with .1 delay. But I can live with it.

(in reply to Blackbird)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Stupid Ju88 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI