Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/4/2011 10:25:17 PM   
Dragoon.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stonewall1971

Hi all,

first I will say taht this MOD will be very good thanks for this but i played it and after the victory in Greece normally you get the order to take Crete...so I get the order but it didn´t start ??? Where is the problem ??

Many thanks
Gerd

I didn't really understand you. I assume you won Greece and thought you would go to Crete next? Is that right?
In that case you have mistaken Panzer Corps with Panzer General. Crete was in PG, there is no Crete in PC.

(in reply to Stonewall1971)
Post #: 31
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/5/2011 2:29:27 PM   
Stonewall1971

Hi Dragoon,

yes that´s what i mean. Why did i get then after the Greece szenario the point that i should take Crete...yes i know taht was in the good old PG but why ?? I take only this MOD no other...

I will take the small island....and put the Tommys back to Alexandria...;-)

So is ther a chance for play on Crete ??

(in reply to Dragoon.)
Post #: 32
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/8/2011 3:47:13 PM   
Locarnus

I m still a bit confused.
Where did you get the information that you should take Crete?
PG or PC?
If in PC: Where exactly (decisive victory debriefing or where?)
If in PG: I dont understand the "why??" question, please elaborate.

Anyway as Dragoon already said, there is no Crete scenario in PC and all that this mod does, is to change the campaign path.
It does not add scenarios to the vanilla game.

Post #: 33
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/10/2011 5:14:25 PM   
Stonewall1971

Hello all,

i found my "mistake" i take the maps from Mannocks Maps and there will be a Crete....so i have "my" good Old PG ;-))) Test it´s wonderfol ...

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 34
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/28/2011 10:15:37 AM   
jaggy

Hi, Locarnus. Is it possible to upload the Campaign Path as a word/excel attachment? I would like to print it out and I think it will be a lot clearer than from a jpg. Thanks in advance.

Post #: 35
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/28/2011 10:17:36 AM   
jaggy

Hi, Locarnus. Is it possible to upload the Campaign Path as a word/excel attachment? I would like to print it out and I think it will be a lot clearer than from a jpg. Thanks in advance.

(in reply to jaggy)
Post #: 36
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/29/2011 11:02:24 PM   
Locarnus

Sure,

i put the excel in the zip attached to this post.

If someone wants to use the design for other campaigns, feel free to do so (just mention that its based on my design).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to jaggy)
Post #: 37
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 8/30/2011 3:19:37 AM   
jaggy

Thanks, Locarnus. 

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 38
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 9/5/2011 6:51:52 PM   
yiplong

This MOD is awesome. I know creating new scenario is probly not on the agenda right now, but I think there should be a Sea Lion 44 scenario between a decisive win in Overlord and US East Coast. If you fail in taking Britain, then result is peace, if you knock out Britain, then proceed to invasion of US.
Jumping directly from Normandy to US seems a little odd.

Mannock's map pack adds some crucial battles missing from the original PC campaign tree. It would be ideal if both mods can be combined. This is just my suggestion, it would be up to the mod creators to decide if its desirable.

< Message edited by yiplong -- 9/5/2011 6:55:54 PM >

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 39
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 9/27/2011 11:09:56 AM   
Cainor

GREAT WORK Locarnus.

I totally agree with the addition of the addition of at least 6-7 new maps (*taken from the community with credits) and preferably starting from Spain, more Africa and Balkans, etc. Also please let me know if you require help with text edits and message polishing as well as any game design specific optimizations and some QA (*if you add more scenarios, you need to drop the prestige obtained in the new ones - otherwise the prestige settings for the final normal vanilla maps will be unbalanced overall. One second solution would be to calculate the extra prestige obtained by new maps and just add the units to the enemy to counter-value that). As soon as I finish the vanilla - I should be able to start helping you. It is better for more to work on one mod than to have too many that don't port well into each other.

Best Regards,
Cain

(in reply to yiplong)
Post #: 40
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 10/6/2011 2:27:43 PM   
Cainor

Bump - come on. Noboday can add some early and mid maps?

(in reply to Cainor)
Post #: 41
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 10/6/2011 4:55:28 PM   
VPaulus

Anyway while, Locarnus don't update his campaign, you can also take a look at "Panzer General Classical Mod".
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27062

(in reply to Cainor)
Post #: 42
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 10/7/2011 1:52:53 AM   
Locarnus

Thanks for the comments.

Unfortunately, I m very busy right now in rl.
And adding a number of maps would certainly require balancing and so on.

Additionally Slitherine started to offer afaik 2 more detailed campaigns with more to follow, so that in the end there are 70 or so new scenarios which will be playable in a new grand campaign.

For those reasons (especially my rl time restrictions), it is highly unlikely that I will extend the mod (which is only the 14kb file) in the near future.
But as I said before, I encourage anyone willing to extend/alter the mod to do so (just mention the previous contributions somewhere in the file).

The campaign file is fairly easy to edit, once you understand its basic structure (there are help threads here or in the slitherine forum and its not complicated).
Its just editing a spreadsheet. The testing and balancing is the hard part. It took me considerably more time to think about the desired order and connections of the scenarios, than to edit the campaign file itself, so just take a look at it and adjust it as you want it to be.

@Cainor:
I would prefer less different versions as well, but thats unfortunately very difficult when we have vanilla, different mods/user scenarios, and additional scenarios you can pay for...

Have fun,
Locarnus

< Message edited by Locarnus -- 10/7/2011 1:56:58 AM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 43
RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign - 10/27/2011 1:38:25 PM   
Aloo

Just registered to say I really like the modified campaign design. No need to avoid DV to play the interesting scenarios.
Thanks.

(in reply to Locarnus)
Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Alternative "PG" like Campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI