Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/19/2011 9:41:58 PM   
bigbaba

great game so far.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 9/19/2011 9:42:40 PM >

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 31
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/19/2011 9:45:12 PM   
bwheatley

lol that was a nice save with the edit. For a few i was looking back to see if pelton somehow posted in here. But it reminds me of my question is armaments really the big thing? I think i still need to balance HI and vehicle as well. Without any HI i won't have any bullets to shoot :)

-Alpha Tester Carrier Force
-Beta Tester ATG
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's WAW mod
- Mod Maintainer (past) for ATG's GPW mod
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 32
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/20/2011 5:53:58 PM   
jzardos

Yeah, I'm curious too about how the air supply helps units.  As Axis, I normally don't care about that Lvov pocket as much since there sort of out of the way of the main advance and rail lines.  It will be interesting how the advanced in the south goes in this game.  Looks like the Axis might be pushing here unless the extra panzer units were just for the pocket and will now start to move back north towards Moscow.

yes, more turns please...

< Message edited by jzardos -- 9/20/2011 5:55:07 PM >

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 33
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/21/2011 4:48:41 PM   
kirkgregerson

No turn 3 from axis yet?  Need my AAR fix today from you guys.

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 34
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/22/2011 2:55:11 AM   
bwheatley

Ok got T3

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to kirkgregerson)
Post #: 35
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/22/2011 10:33:51 PM   
bwheatley

Needless to say with the new update i have to pay a lot more attention to the HQ a unit is attached to :/ A lot of -20%, -10% because of bad hq's setup. :(

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 36
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/22/2011 11:13:39 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bwheatley
Needless to say with the new update i have to pay a lot more attention to the HQ a unit is attached to :/ A lot of -20%, -10% because of bad hq's setup. :(

Yeah, speaking of bad setup's what are they all.....anybody know? I've heard of one for -20% for being a combat unit being attached to STAVKA still instead of a "regular" HQ, and it seems like I remember one for -10% for a combat unit being out of range of it's HQ unit. Things like that. Are there any more?

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 37
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 12:11:34 AM   
bwheatley

North:
We see that pskov was bypassed and conquered. I've got reinforcements getting to the leningrad area this turn hopefully. And it's T3 and ara is not a gamey player who abuses HQ buildup so i feel it safe to think the panzers are probably in need of a rest next turn.

Center:
Looks like the panzers could not force their way over the dnepr which is a small favor. They did manage to take Vitebsk though.

SouthWest:
Kiev has been isolated.

South:
Romanian progress has been slow and hopefully we'll at least put up a fight by odessa that will require the 11th army to step in.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 38
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 12:12:06 AM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: larryfulkerson

quote:

ORIGINAL: bwheatley

Yeah, speaking of bad setup's what are they all.....anybody know? I've heard of one for -20% for being a combat unit being attached to STAVKA still instead of a "regular" HQ, and it seems like I remember one for -10% for a combat unit being out of range of it's HQ unit. Things like that. Are there any more?

Well the what'snew.pdf says -10% for a front HQ as well.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 39
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 6:59:43 AM   
bwheatley

Ground Losses

Air Losses

Destroyed Units

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 40
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 7:02:33 AM   
bwheatley

We had 3 divisions that were trapped around pskov. We sent a valiant division to rush in to free them.

< Message edited by bwheatley -- 9/23/2011 2:02:20 PM >

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 41
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 7:05:36 AM   
bwheatley

We had several divisions encircled west of smolensk. The only thing standing in the way of freeing them was the 18th Motorized Division. We hit the division with as much air support as we could muster.

The soviets won the battle and freed some divisions that were sure to be killed if they could not escape

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 42
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/23/2011 7:09:48 AM   
bwheatley

We managed to free the kiev garrison.

In the south we started to pull back towards odessa. A ton road ahead but we did manage to use 100k rail points to get some HI and armaments moved to the urals.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 43
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/24/2011 6:12:36 PM   
bwheatley

Well it looks like the new recon rules work nicely. Ara didn't realize i had units in the pripet marshes and i was able to  rout a few of his HQ's that he had far forward. I had some units hiding in the north in woods that he did not detect. So he is aggravated now and that makes me smile. He also reports his panzers are all pretty low on fuel so his advance is going to start slowing down now. Though losing kiev on T3 has got to be a new world record. Well not losing it but getting it isolated  from the rail network.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 44
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/24/2011 8:38:15 PM   
ComradeP

Where were the HQ's that you displaced? Leaving a gap in the line is one thing, but a gap filled with HQ's at the front isn't smart.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 45
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/24/2011 10:33:11 PM   
Ketza

I will never understand why some Axis players pay no attention to the marshes. It is a must to commit a few divisions to clearing them.

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 46
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/25/2011 1:47:21 AM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

Where were the HQ's that you displaced? Leaving a gap in the line is one thing, but a gap filled with HQ's at the front isn't smart.

One was South of talin(sp)/west of pskov. The other was in that similar area. And i think it was 2 hq's and a couple air bases. Hopefully it damages some of his planes. It was a nice boost to my moral. I feel i played a pretty poor T1/T2. At least i can afford to make mistakes and still win. ;) The biggest thing now i'm trying to make sure i rail out enough HI & armament points to keep myself in a good position later. Any idea how much you think i need to save in order to stand a chance?

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 47
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/25/2011 1:52:04 AM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ketza

I will never understand why some Axis players pay no attention to the marshes. It is a must to commit a few divisions to clearing them.

Yea it's been good though. I think it might have to do with recon changes. He's been flying a ton of recon over the marsh but i think he must not have seen enough to worry me. Though i still think i flubbed with my kiev defenses. :) We know the kiev pocket won't hold out for months. heh.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to Ketza)
Post #: 48
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/25/2011 1:22:44 PM   
ComradeP

quote:

One was South of talin(sp)/west of pskov. The other was in that similar area. And i think it was 2 hq's and a couple air bases.

Ah, OK, you routed some of AGN's HQ's. Due to the way you phrased it, it sounded like you displaced HQ's with the units from the Pripyat marshes, which made me curious.

quote:

The biggest thing now i'm trying to make sure i rail out enough HI & armament points to keep myself in a good position later. Any idea how much you think i need to save in order to stand a chance?

A lot will depend on how big the Red Army is going to be and thus on how many armament points are required to keep it in shape. With some timely evacuations, and trying to preserve armaments factories in particular, you should be OK as long as you can evacuate the major armament/HI centers prior to the Axis forces getting there.

SSG tester
WitE Alpha tester
Panzer Corps Beta tester
Unity of Command scenario designer

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 49
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/26/2011 2:26:02 PM   
bwheatley

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComradeP

quote:

One was South of talin(sp)/west of pskov. The other was in that similar area. And i think it was 2 hq's and a couple air bases.

Ah, OK, you routed some of AGN's HQ's. Due to the way you phrased it, it sounded like you displaced HQ's with the units from the Pripyat marshes, which made me curious.

quote:

The biggest thing now i'm trying to make sure i rail out enough HI & armament points to keep myself in a good position later. Any idea how much you think i need to save in order to stand a chance?

A lot will depend on how big the Red Army is going to be and thus on how many armament points are required to keep it in shape. With some timely evacuations, and trying to preserve armaments factories in particular, you should be OK as long as you can evacuate the major armament/HI centers prior to the Axis forces getting there.

Cool i'm just paranoid i'm not going to get enough out of my factories. I'm still trying to get the HI out since i don't want to be in a situation where i have enough armaments but i don't have the supplies necessary.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to ComradeP)
Post #: 50
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/27/2011 4:02:11 PM   
bwheatley

Ok got T4 last night i'm going to look at it after work tonight.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 51
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/27/2011 7:22:29 PM   
jzardos

Was just going to ask how turn is coming along.  Nice job breaking pockets.  Guessing your units will be pocket again on your turn #4, but I'm sure that must have caused abulbulian some grief.  I know it upsets me to see my pockets with holes in them.  

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 52
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/27/2011 11:10:52 PM   
bwheatley

Ground losses - 1.1 million men gone from the red army in a little over a month.

Air losses
The airwar is still going slow.

Destroyed units
A good turn we're down to only 23 units lost this turn.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 53
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/27/2011 11:22:05 PM   
randallw

The losses ratios, for the Soviet side, are a bit alarming!

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 54
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/27/2011 11:49:09 PM   
jzardos

quote:

ORIGINAL: randallw

The losses ratios, for the Soviet side, are a bit alarming!

Well if you're talking about units loses, I think a portion of those are Soviet player disbands. Seems about correct, maybe a little high. But some players choose to slow the axis down at the expense of units to get more factories out.

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 55
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/28/2011 7:16:40 AM   
bwheatley

T4
North
Leningrad looking weak before reinforcements get trucked in.

Center
Still fighting on the land bridge trying to guard smolensk.
[

South
Glad to see there is the slow slog of 11th army.

SouthWest
Kiev is still on lock down and hopefully it can delay them a few turns there is an airbase on the city hex.
Also ara cut the rail lines into the city.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to jzardos)
Post #: 56
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/28/2011 7:24:16 AM   
bwheatley

Production

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 57
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/28/2011 7:24:55 AM   
bwheatley

After my little swamp raid last turn ara sent in the cavalry and cut the rail lines into the marsh.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 58
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/28/2011 7:28:10 AM   
bwheatley

In the south i managed to use a one of my good remaining T34 tank divisions to put a hurt on the 198th ID

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 59
RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) - 9/28/2011 7:28:41 AM   
bwheatley

In the north our situation was becoming untenable so we've started to pull back a bit.

-Beta Tester ATG
-Beta Tester WITE
-Alpha Tester WITW
-Alpha Tester WITE2
-Alpha Tester Wif
-Beta Tester Command

(in reply to bwheatley)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: Bwheatley vs abulbulian GC 1.5.18 beta (no abulbulian) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI