Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone? - 10/28/2002 1:14:47 AM   
David boutwell

Gentlemen,

I have been curious to know, do you consider yourself to be:

1. a gamer who just happens to like playing a game that is based on historical events?

2. a gamer who just likes blowing up tanks?

3. a history buff who likes to use a game to help him/her better understand the battles of that time period?

4. Other. Please expound.

Is your primary motivation behind playing this game:

1. blowing up stuff?

2. killing a little time before bed or dinner, or killing time at work?

3. Having a unit with huge stats, similar to those for role-playing characters?

4. competition with other gamers?

5. designing as many scenarios as you can, regardless of lack of true uniqueness from those that have been designed before, or lack of real historical value?

6. expanding your knowledge of the time-period by researching and designing scenarios, and then playing them?

7. Other. Please expound.

When you design a scenario, your purpose for designing the scenario is:

1. To play something you've never played before.

2. To have something to play against another opponent.

3. To learn more about the event that the scenario is depicting.

When you design a scenario, you typically use ______ as a resource.

1. nothing

2. books

3. websites

4. eyewitness accounts

5. author interviews

6. maps

7. topographic maps

8. photographs

When you design a scenario, you typically purchase ______ books/magazines to use as a resource before you design the scenario. (those purchased previously count also.)

I feel that the culture of this site:

1. has a good mix of gamers with different approaches to the game.

2. often resembles that of game sites with less of a focus on history and more on competition and playing scenarios.

3. leans too much toward studying/researching the history behind the events and faithfully portraying them in custom scenarios.

The culture of this site leans more toward:

1. that of the real-time "military history" strategy games such as Cossack, Age of Empires, etc., whose focus is not really on portraying history, but on communicating strategies for winning a scenario (in which case the historical aspect could be totally taken out, and you could be playing Warcraft).

2. that of a military history forum, frequented by those with a specialized knowledge about the subject matter of the forum.

I know there are more questions. I just haven't thought of them yet.....
Post #: 1
- 10/28/2002 3:06:12 AM   
Redleg

A bit of a response to an interesting set of questions.

When I design a scenario, it is almost always based upon a book or even several books. However, I take a lot of license with things in order to keep the battle somewhat close.

When I play a scenario, I am interested in whether the battle is challenging and permits the use of reasonable tactics. Interesting match-ups help pique my interest.

I have spent far more on books related to SPWAW than can be justified. But I enjoy reading about WW2 and watching for things that seem like they would be fun to try to simulate in the game.

I don't worry too much about "history" since specific information on battles of SPWAW scale is hard to find. Often a scenario is based upon a few sentences. One thing that complicates things is trying to keep the battle small enough that it can be played in a couple of hours. So battalion-size is usually about the limit for me. Both for playing and for designing.

Even when specifics are available, it is sometimes not possible to model events within the game. But it is fun to try.

(in reply to David boutwell)
Post #: 2
Re: Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone? - 10/28/2002 7:21:16 PM   
Warrior

Good grief, David! Is this the entrance exam for the College of SPWaW gamers or something? :D Well, I'm game so here are my answers:

1. a gamer who just happens to like playing a game that is based on historical events?

3. a history buff who likes to use a game to help him/her better understand the battles of that time period?

[I]Yes to all the above.[/I]

1. blowing up stuff?

5. designing as many scenarios as you can, regardless of lack of true uniqueness from those that have been designed before, or lack of real historical value?

6. expanding your knowledge of the time-period by researching and designing scenarios, and then playing them?

[I]1, 2, & 3 = yes; 4 = sometimes; 5 = no, although I do keep churning them out, and it's difficult to be completely unique since there are only so many types of battle, i.e., assault, advance, etc., and many times I totally ignore history in favor of what I consider an interesting concept, as in Japan vs Germany.; 6 = sometimes.[/I]

[I]1 = mostly, within the limitations mentioned above concerning types of battles; 2 = not really; 3 = occasionally.[/I]

1. nothing

2. books

3. websites

4. eyewitness accounts

5. author interviews

6. maps

7. topographic maps

8. photographs

[I]All of the above sometimes, though eyewitness accounts and author interviews tend to be included in the books and websites answers.[/I]

When you design a scenario, you typically purchase ______ books/magazines to use as a resource before you design the scenario. (those purchased previously count also.)

[I]At one time I'd purchase some books, but I can't afford that anymore, so I generally rely on the internet for historical source material - if I'm using any.[/I]

[I]My answer is "1. has a good mix of gamers with different approaches to the game."[/I]

1. that of the real-time "military history" strategy games such as Cossack, Age of Empires, etc., whose focus is not really on portraying history, but on communicating strategies for winning a scenario (in which case the historical aspect could be totally taken out, and you could be playing Warcraft).

2. that of a military history forum, frequented by those with a specialized knowledge about the subject matter of the forum.

[I]Both of the above.[/I]

OK, I've answered all the questions. I find SPWaW and our Forums to be home for all sorts of different types of gamers. From the history fanatics, to the "I love blowing up tanks" players, we all have a home here and this is a richer place for it.

Retreat is NOT an option.

Post #: 3
- 10/28/2002 11:25:03 PM   
Bing

We haven't gone anywhere. We are still here, doing our best to research and create WAW scenarios. Since Matrix has ceased development of WAW in favor of CL - meaning there will not be a version beyond the current 7.1 - there is understandably less activity on the forum. But I think you will find a ready brigade of designers and testers who will help you with almost any problem encountered in WAW (other than lack of sleep and/or possible divorce due to neglect of spouse incurred by way of addictive nature of WAW).

I think also that many of us have formed friendships and conduct our correspondence via private e-mail. Same goes for regular opponents - and so far as I know the ladder and tournament competition is alive and well.

I've yet to pop a question on the forum and NOT get an answer. Might not be the answer I would like, all the same the real grogs are still in the trenches. WAW is much more that way than the old PacWar crew, who just sort of drifted apart. I had some close PacWar friends I haven't heard from in years. I don't see that happening here. Good for us.

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 4
- 10/31/2002 11:02:47 PM   
RockinHarry

4. Other. Please expound.

[COLOR=red]1. + 3.[/COLOR]

1. blowing up stuff?

7. Other. Please expound.

[COLOR=red] 6 .[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]again 1. + 3.[/COLOR]

1. nothing

2. books

3. websites

4. eyewitness accounts

5. author interviews

6. maps

7. topographic maps

8. photographs

[COLOR=red] from all available sources, mainly books and internet[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]I wished I could buy a book for each scenario design topic, but I lack the money. Usually I check freely available sources or ask other people to copy stuff from books that I can´t buy myself.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]1. has a good mix of gamers with different approaches to the game. [/COLOR]

2. often resembles that of game sites with less of a focus on history and more on competition and playing scenarios.

3. leans too much toward studying/researching the history behind the events and faithfully portraying them in custom scenarios.

[COLOR=red] I would say it leans towards both.[/COLOR]

I know there are more questions. I just haven't thought of them yet.....

[COLOR=red]Harry[/COLOR]

RockinHarry in the web:

https://www.facebook.com/harry.zann

Post #: 5
Re: Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone? - 11/1/2002 4:04:24 AM   
Grenadier

[QUOTE]Originally posted by David boutwell
[B]Gentlemen,

[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]yes[/COLOR]

2. books

3. websites

4. eyewitness accounts

5. author interviews

6. maps

7. topographic maps

8. photographs

[COLOR=red]All of the Above, especially in Lost Victories[/COLOR]

1. has a good mix of gamers with different approaches to the game.

I know there are more questions. I just haven't thought of them yet..... [/B][/QUOTE]

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 6
- 11/1/2002 10:48:02 AM   
darroch

Interesting questions...and interesting replies...

I see something to agree with in each preceding reply.

SPWAW is recreation - escape - "killing time before bed" except that I set the alarm an hour early each day to make the time "to kill"....

this is a serious hobby/addiction...

I like scenarios rooted in history best but there are so few low level accounts that one must fill in the gaps...

Paul Carrell, David Glantz, John Ericksson have all contributed ideas to Russian Steel scenarios....

I like campaigns that are long enough to groom one's core force but I lose interest with AI-generated campaigns (hence Russian Steel)...I don't try and max out a given unit's kills...

I'm curious....why do you ask such an open-ended question?

Cheers

:) :)

Post #: 7
- 11/1/2002 12:41:12 PM   
David boutwell

I asked these questions to find out who has the same philosophical approach to this game as I do.

Harry basically answered these questions the way I would have. But, from our conversations in the past, that doesn't surprise me.

Quote from Redleg:

"I don't worry too much about "history" since specific information on battles of SPWAW scale is hard to find."

Redleg, you should really consider looking at books from the Battleground Europe Series. You can find them at Amazon, Pen and Sword Publications, Leo Cooper publications, Barnes and Noble and Borders. You can find material for 10 to 15 scenarios per $15 book. And they have lots of good maps, air recce photos and small unit accounts.

Regards,

David Boutwell

[QUOTE]Originally posted by darroch
[B]Interesting questions...and interesting replies...

I see something to agree with in each preceding reply.

SPWAW is recreation - escape - "killing time before bed" except that I set the alarm an hour early each day to make the time "to kill"....

this is a serious hobby/addiction...

I like scenarios rooted in history best but there are so few low level accounts that one must fill in the gaps...

Paul Carrell, David Glantz, John Ericksson have all contributed ideas to Russian Steel scenarios....

I like campaigns that are long enough to groom one's core force but I lose interest with AI-generated campaigns (hence Russian Steel)...I don't try and max out a given unit's kills...

I'm curious....why do you ask such an open-ended question?

Cheers

:) :) [/B][/QUOTE]

Post #: 8
- 11/1/2002 1:32:58 PM   
Redleg

I have some of the Battleground series - I stand by what I said. Detailed information is hard to find. Battleground series or otherwise.

Even if one encountered very detailed information appropriate to SPWAW scale, then game limitations would be magnified and represent still another obstacle. The devil is in the details.

I guess "historic" is a somewhat ambiguous term that has many levels of meaning. I cannot apply that term to *any* game I have ever seen.

Right now, I am working on a "historic" battle. Even after having researched it quite a lot, I must fill in a lot of blanks. I must interpret the meaning of "kampfgruppen". Also, I must arbitrarily decide the length of a runway and location of the airstrip. The limitations of retreat hexes mean I must distort the map in order to prevent AI forces from being flanked so they do not retreat into oblivion. On and on. I suppose I could call that "historic" but to me, it is a game designed mainly for entertainment, based on something that apparently actually happened.

What I am trying to say is that if one wants to pursue trying to dig out detailed data and spend a lot of money doing it, more power to them. That just isn't my bag unless I get lucky... and I do sometimes.

I found a little book called "Panzer Aces" and another called "Infantry Aces". These are extremely detailed in some ways but totally lacking in others. At the other end of the spectrum are those books that describe the Battle of Kursk in a chapter. Even an entire book such as Glantz' "Battle of Kursk" leaves tons of blanks to be filled in.

I own perhaps a dozen works on Stalingrad - I still do not feel entirely comfortable with the blasted map. It would be embarrassing to describe the lengths I have gone to in the quest for more information on Stalingrad. It is sort of an on-going obsession.

What I am not interested in is doing "Term Papers" in the text file. I read and use references but that is it. When I make a fantasy battle, I describe it as such. When I severely distort things in order to fit SPWAW scale, I normally say so. That is about the limit of my desire to chase the "Holy Grail".

Anyway, I believe there is plenty of room for scenarios of all types.

Post #: 9
- 11/1/2002 11:57:34 PM   
Bing

Redleg - Good on you, as our British cousins say: The text intro file isn't the place for the designer to trot out his/her knowledge. Include a doc file in the scenario zip, if necessary. Otherwise, give me the outline - I've seen text files where not even the year of the engagement is stated. That's going a bit too far the other way, but generally tell me where it is, what date and time it is, who I am going to fight and most important of all in game terms: What are the objectives?

So far as historical "accuracy" goes, there are few experiences comparable to the smoke, noise and confusion of the battlefield. Units often don't - can't - follow orders. The most reliable observers and participants can be wrong and often ARE wrong. Some battles don't even have an "outcome". Sometimes, as in the Battle of Jutland, both sides claim victory and both have a point.

Redleg is for my money right on concerning our lack of ability to portray much more than an outline of what happened - and if all we want is an exact replay of the battle, why bother? Just read the book and let it go at that. The aspect that keeps me coming back to WAW endlessly is it is excellent in terms of "what-if" situations.

Also, when it comes right down to it, there are battles such as Kursk for which there isn't a truly rational explanation for the outcome. Other than delaying too long in starting their assault, everything says the Germans should have won.

Luck plays a part on the battlefield, usually running in favor of the side that makes the fewest mistakes. But not always. One lucky hit on Bismarck's rudder changed history. Otherwise the British made a ton of mistakes, including attacking their own warship. But persistence and determination also play a part - a big one.

Enough from me,

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -

Post #: 10
- 11/2/2002 11:18:53 AM   
David boutwell

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redleg
[B]I have some of the Battleground series - I stand by what I said. Detailed information is hard to find. Battleground series or otherwise.

I stand by what I said, as well. As I see it, there are plenty of resources out there with more detail than most people seem to have the will to find. A simple Google search can bring up lots of eyewitness accounts, images and maps, for example.

In a very short time, Redleg, I found some very nifty photographs of the Kall River Gorge, some panoramic photos of the Hurtgen Forest, personal account of the fighting, seven Hurtgen Forest maps,and found a super-detailed book on the 22nd Regiment in the Hurtgen Forest at Barnes and Noble. And I wasn't even doing that for me. Obviously, you do have the desire to faithfully reproduce, to the best of your ability, the scenarios that you design. So, I don't see where you are disagreeing with me.

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Redleg. I guess "historic" is a somewhat ambiguous term that has many levels of meaning. I cannot apply that term to *any* game I have ever seen.

I would define "historic", in the context of this game, as a scenario in which the designer did their best (and "did their best" means actually attempting to do so) to recreate the environment, conditions and units involved in that battle.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason someone would design a scenario based on an actual event, give it a name based on an actual event, and not at least make an honest attempt at being faithful to the units and terrain, is because they have no desire to. Not to say that is the case with you, based upon what you are saying.

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Redleg. Right now, I am working on a "historic" battle. Even after having researched it quite a lot, I must fill in a lot of blanks. I must interpret the meaning of "kampfgruppen". Also, I must arbitrarily decide the length of a runway and location of the airstrip. The limitations of retreat hexes mean I must distort the map in order to prevent AI forces from being flanked so they do not retreat into oblivion. On and on. I suppose I could call that "historic" but to me, it is a game designed mainly for entertainment, based on something that apparently actually happened.

That fits my definition!

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Redleg. What I am trying to say is that if one wants to pursue trying to dig out detailed data and spend a lot of money doing it, more power to them. That just isn't my bag unless I get lucky... and I do sometimes.

I found a little book called "Panzer Aces" and another called "Infantry Aces". These are extremely detailed in some ways but totally lacking in others. At the other end of the spectrum are those books that describe the Battle of Kursk in a chapter. Even an entire book such as Glantz' "Battle of Kursk" leaves tons of blanks to be filled in.

I own perhaps a dozen works on Stalingrad - I still do not feel entirely comfortable with the blasted map. It would be embarrassing to describe the lengths I have gone to in the quest for more information on Stalingrad. It is sort of an on-going obsession.

That sounds good to me, too. The important thing is the fact that you have the desire to educate yourself, and then be faithful to the real thing on whatever level you are able to achieve. Was this post disagreeing with something I've said????

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Bing. The text intro file isn't the place for the designer to trot out his/her knowledge.

Bing, I view information like I view ammunition. Too much is much preferred over not enough. But, hey...I guess if I can state my opinions about what I believe in, so can you.

David Boutwell

"Out of ammunition. God save the King."

Post #: 11
- 11/2/2002 11:46:56 AM   
Redleg

Merely trying to clarify my stance with respect to attempting to document scenarii as brought up by the first post on this thread.

I also searched Google and found some things about Huertgen but not much that related to the specifics I was most interested in attempting to model. The best maps encountered were the two I sent to you.

Eventually, I will produce a Huertgen scenario or two. The hard part (research) is already done.

No Barnes and Noble in my small town so a visit to the the only bookstore in town bore no fruit. My private WW2 library is much larger (and better) than the local county library. But I try........

Post #: 12
- 11/2/2002 11:18:12 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Redleg
[B]Merely trying to clarify my stance with respect to attempting to document scenarii as brought up by the first post on this thread.

I also searched Google and found some things about Huertgen but not much that related to the specifics I was most interested in attempting to model. The best maps encountered were the two I sent to you.

Eventually, I will produce a Huertgen scenario or two. The hard part (research) is already done.

No Barnes and Noble in my small town so a visit to the the only bookstore in town bore no fruit. My private WW2 library is much larger (and better) than the local county library. But I try........ [/B][/QUOTE]

I have nowadays 1:25000 topo maps of the battle area. Let me know if you need to have something scanned!;)

I also have Huertgenwald battles on my scenario to do list and I won´t do without mountanizer and heavy editing in Freds editors! Know the older Huertgenwald scenarios from WB and Warrior? If you can´t do better, forget about it! From "map making" point of view...i´m sorry to say this...they´re crap! They don´t look even close to the real battlefield terrain! No wonder that I say this, as I live near the battle area, visited it numerous times and know how to recreate it with Freds Editors and some tricks!

I guess Fradar will make the maps, so I know I won´t be disappointed again.:)
________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 13
- 11/3/2002 12:02:55 AM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]Redleg - Good on you, as our British cousins say: The text intro file isn't the place for the designer to trot out his/her knowledge. Include a doc file in the scenario zip, if necessary. Otherwise, give me the outline - I've seen text files where not even the year of the engagement is stated. That's going a bit too far the other way, but generally tell me where it is, what date and time it is, who I am going to fight and most important of all in game terms: What are the objectives?
Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately the SPWAW order/briefing screen is highly inappropiate, but that does not mean you can´t do better (see below)! Detailed historical info for a scenario should be externalized into a word document, supplemented with nice historical pics and scetches IMHO!

By use of huge shapes (SHP) and available text functions (Help text f.e) even ingame maps and briefings can be added to a SPWAW scenario! While the ordinary scenario briefing can only be read once, BEFORE the scenario starts, my ingame variant can be used all of the time!

There´s also an option to use the SPWAW video files! The ones that are played in campaign mode and that are to be found in the "SND/Stream" folder! (SMK = Smacker format). If you know how to make the videos and what they are to be named to work for your scenario (actually campaign) they can be used too! Not to forget the campaign audio briefings! Check WB campaigns and spoken orders!

This is how the huge shape map looks like: (to see pics, right click link and "save target as.."! Sorry..darn Geocities does not allow viewing pics directly :mad: )

http://www.geocities.com/rockinharry/SPWAW/IngameMap.jpg

and this is the ingame briefing screen with ingame map as a backdrop:

http://www.geocities.com/rockinharry/SPWAW/MapBriefing.jpg

Here you get an application dealing with the Smacker video stuff (need "The old Smacker Tools" for creating SPWAW compatible video files) ):

http://www.radgametools.com/smkdown.htm

Here´s the scenario that uses the ingame map and briefing screen(Eastfront 1941-german played):

have fun

Attachment (1)

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 14
- 11/3/2002 10:29:57 AM   
David boutwell

****, Harry!!!

I think I just wet myself! It is a beautiful thing when, after six years of playing a game, one can stiil be introduced to something totally new!! Preach on, Brother!

Regards,

David Boutwell

"Out of ammunition. God save the King."

Post #: 15
- 11/3/2002 10:33:56 AM   
David boutwell

Harry,

Do you have a tutorial on how to do that stuff??

Davis Boutwell

Post #: 16
Great Stuff Harry.... - 11/3/2002 12:10:34 PM   
Orzel Bialy

Send me over whatever info you care to share! :eek:

I'm more than ready to learn anything new that stands to pump some new blood into future SPWAW projects! :cool:

Post #: 17
- 11/5/2002 11:36:54 PM   
RockinHarry

Aargh...I´m late replying! :eek: Let me prepare some notes and I´ll post on this topic possibly next week coming..or so!
You guys know how to work with Freds shape editor?

The briefing text is just a replaced gamehelp.txt file from Steel Panthers main folder. Pops up when pressing the help or F1 button.

_________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 18
- 11/6/2002 2:20:02 AM   
Bing

Rockin Harry - The GeoCities pages won't load for me, I get a message screen saying they are not currently available.

The other addresses do work and I have the scenario with accompanying material. Will kick the tires, take it for a spin around the block and report back.

Bing

Post #: 19
- 11/7/2002 11:12:58 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]Rockin Harry - The GeoCities pages won't load for me, I get a message screen saying they are not currently available.

The other addresses do work and I have the scenario with accompanying material. Will kick the tires, take it for a spin around the block and report back.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks Bing :) ..all feedback is always highly appreciated,.even on older scenarios!

In order to see the screenies you would have to "right mouse click" the link and make a "Save target" of the graphic file to a new window or a folder on your PC. Best is to open/play the scenario that uses the above mentioned features to see them.

________-
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 20
Right Click Save As - 11/8/2002 5:30:18 AM   
Jarhead

I can not get this to work. When I right click the link it is not highlighted to be able to click on. Is there an adjustment that I need to make in my browser ( Internet Explorer 6.0 ):confused:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/ab2.txt[/img]
[FONT=comic sans ms]Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi Mac.[/FONT]

Post #: 21
Re: Right Click Save As - 11/9/2002 10:38:56 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jarhead
[B]I can not get this to work. When I right click the link it is not highlighted to be able to click on. Is there an adjustment that I need to make in my browser ( Internet Explorer 6.0 ):confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

darn Geocities..sorry! :rolleyes:

lets try it this way:

________
Harry

Attachment (1)

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 22
- 11/9/2002 10:52:34 PM   
RockinHarry

...and number 2:

________
Harry

Attachment (1)

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 23
The SPWaW Technique wizard - 11/10/2002 1:48:40 AM   
Grenadier

Harry, you have come a very long way since you started in my SPWW2 scenario conversion team nearly 2 years ago. You are now the undisputed master of Fred Chland'a editors and I find I am constanly learning new things from you instead of the other way around.

Your constant quest to find new ways to enhance the SPWaW gaming experience is a huge part of why this game is practcally timeless and alway with a new innovation around the corner

Brent Grenadier Richards

[url=http://

Post #: 24
Re: The SPWaW Technique wizard - 11/10/2002 11:53:33 PM   
RockinHarry

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Grenadier
[B]Harry, you have come a very long way since you started in my SPWW2 scenario conversion team nearly 2 years ago. You are now the undisputed master of Fred Chland'a editors and I find I am constanly learning new things from you instead of the other way around.

Your constant quest to find new ways to enhance the SPWaW gaming experience is a huge part of why this game is practcally timeless and alway with a new innovation around the corner [/B][/QUOTE]

thanks, I still wonder that nobody else exploited the map/scenario making possibilities with Freds Editors that much, before I entered Matrix game world! :eek: :confused: All my findings actually are based on Fred Chlanda´s data and tables and without them I guess none of the new stuff ever would have been discovered so far!

Brent ..could you give us an update on how Fred is going now and possibly what are his current activities in the gaming community?:)

It also might be a good idea to visit Freds Web site and also send him some feedback:

http://blake.prohosting.com/fchlanda/

________
Harry

RockinHarry in the web:

Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Where have all of the hardcore historian/gamers gone? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI