Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Combat Results vs Predictions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Combat Results vs Predictions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/21/2011 12:17:20 PM   
IainMcNeil

Yes the version you have is pirated of course. Nobody gives away full free copies of the game for trial without any reason or way to purchase them. Are you saying you didn't relaise it was pirated when you downloaded it from a torrent site? If you are not a pirate I expect you to immediately buy the game now you know your mistake.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 31
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/22/2011 3:46:58 AM   
misesfan

As the kids would say nowadays....lolz - pwnage.

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 32
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/23/2011 4:06:33 AM   
MWadwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Yes the version you have is pirated of course. Nobody gives away full free copies of the game for trial without any reason or way to purchase them. Are you saying you didn't relaise it was pirated when you downloaded it from a torrent site? If you are not a pirate I expect you to immediately buy the game now you know your mistake.

Regarding knowing that the game was pirated - I would have to have "testicular fortitude" the size of coconuts to go to the developers site and complain, knowing that the game I was playing was pirated.....

Similarly, in almost every single post I have made, I have made reference to the fact that until the game pi**ed me off at the start of the norway campaign, I was going to buy it. (And by "going", as in the last day I played and got frustrated, was going to be the day that I went online and bought it - at $42AUD via your website, which is where I found this forum.)

And as buying it now, I'm in two minds. One one hand I want to support you, as I admire your effort in producing a version of what was my favourite in the 1990's.

On the other hand I don't want to waste my money on a game that produces little enjoyment (at the moment). I'm in the middle of my shift cycle at the moment (and so haven't had an opporunity to play the game since it last pi**ed me off), so I will wait and see if I feel like playing it again in a few days (when I have some free time), and if I feel like playing then I'll happily pay. Of course, if you don't hear from me again (or one of my posts get deleted again by "Lord Zimoa" as irrelevant) then that will mean that I am unhappy with the game.....

EDIT: I've just purchased the game, as even though I might not want to continue to play the game, I feel that the effort Matrix has put into it should be recognised....

Later,
Matt

< Message edited by MWadwell -- 11/23/2011 10:30:25 AM >

(in reply to IainMcNeil)
Post #: 33
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/23/2011 4:28:00 AM   
GaryChildress

quote:

ORIGINAL: MWadwell

On the other hand I don't want to waste my money on a game that produces little enjoyment (at the moment). I'm in the middle of my shift cycle at the moment (and so haven't had an opporunity to play the game since it last pi**ed me off), so I will wait and see if I feel like playing it again in a few days (when I have some free time), and if I feel like playing then I'll happily pay. Of course, if you don't hear from me again (or one of my posts get deleted again by "Lord Zimoa" as irrelevant) then that will mean that I am unhappy with the game.....

Later,
Matt

Shouldn't you delete the game immediately from your harddrive, knowing now that you have a pirated copy?

(in reply to MWadwell)
Post #: 34
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/23/2011 10:26:24 AM   
MWadwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

quote:

ORIGINAL: MWadwell

Later,
Matt

Shouldn't you delete the game immediately from your harddrive, knowing now that you have a pirated copy?

I had already stopped playing, but I did send a PM to Iain McNeil with a link to the torrent (so that he could send a "Cease and Desist" if he wanted to).

However, I've just purchased the game (even though I'm uncertain if I'll continue to play Panzer Corps) - as I appreciate the effort that Matrix has put into the game, and feel that it should be recognised.....

Later,
Matt

(in reply to GaryChildress)
Post #: 35
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/23/2011 10:27:45 AM   
MWadwell

quote:

ORIGINAL: pwieland

As the kids would say nowadays....lolz - pwnage.

I'm too old to know what that means.....

Later,
Matt

(in reply to misesfan)
Post #: 36
RE: Combat Results vs Predictions - 11/23/2011 10:34:00 AM   
IainMcNeil

Thanks for your support. I would suggest you entirely scan your system as torrent sites are notorious for infecting your machines with malware, spyware and vairous other very unpleasant things. Never ever download installer from torrent sites. You might as well just give you post all your personal and credit card details to the web.

This thread is now locked.

Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games

(in reply to MWadwell)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Panzer Corps >> RE: Combat Results vs Predictions Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI