Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/1/2011 5:41:13 PM   
MisterBenn

It seems that the aura that shows your Long Range Scanner area is not always correctly centred for all levels of zoom. As I zoom on the space port with the component, at a certain point the shaded area suddenly jumps up and to the left, in my example to a place with no system or ship. Hopefully my image demonstrates clearly, I'll whip up something less amateur if you need it!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/1/2011 5:55:21 PM   
Mysterius

I've seen this problem in my own game too, yes. It was in v1701 tho but i don't think this has been fixed since.

"Bigamy is when you have two wives, monotony is when you only have one." - Pierre Desproges

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 2
RE: 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/2/2011 7:16:22 AM   
elliotg

quote:

ORIGINAL: MisterBenn
It seems that the aura that shows your Long Range Scanner area is not always correctly centred for all levels of zoom. As I zoom on the space port with the component, at a certain point the shaded area suddenly jumps up and to the left, in my example to a place with no system or ship. Hopefully my image demonstrates clearly, I'll whip up something less amateur if you need it!

Thanks for the report - I understand what you are saying, but I'm unable to reproduce this problem.

Can you please upload your savegame showing this?

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 3
RE: 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/2/2011 5:02:18 PM   
MisterBenn

Here's the saved game. Interestingly I've played on some more and I have more information now. Edit: FYI I don't think it's relevant but this game was created on version 1702 but was last played on 1703.

1) The Long Range Sensor zone emitted from (I suspect) Toumikli Space Port (the Large Space Port in the Ramazin system) still exhibits the same issue above. If you maximum zoom out with the End key, and mouse wheel scroll in to this colony, the sensor area will just to the wrong position on the 7th zooming step in if your system's like mine!
2) Since I played on I built a resupply ship, the Desperate Mauler, which happens to now be at the same space port. This also has a Long Range Scanner, but the shaded area doesn't exhibit the same problem! It stays centred as you zoom all the way in.

It seems the issue doesn't affect all ships and / or bases in the same way. If you look at the saved game and zoom in on Ramazin with Long Range Scanner ranges turned on, you will see a "double bright" shaded area as both scanner ranges are drawn and overlap. As you zoom in, one of the shaded zones will jump up-left and leave a single, normal-shaded zone behind. Also, both of these vessels have the same component (unimproved Long Range Scanner, range 450000) and the two shaded zones are not the same size I notice!

P.S. Forgive me calling my empire the Kingdom of Flipper. I only just got the game and I thought this race looked like dolphins!

< Message edited by MisterBenn -- 12/2/2011 5:03:25 PM >

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 4
RE: 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/6/2011 1:53:37 AM   
elliotg

Thanks for the savegame.

This is fixed in the next update.

(in reply to MisterBenn)
Post #: 5
RE: 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred - 12/8/2011 2:41:49 PM   
MisterBenn

Thank you, I see it's fixed now.

I only bought in to Distant Worlds a couple of weeks ago (version 1701) - but I am amazed at the rate that these fixes and improvements are getting rolled out in these betas. Putting aside for the moment the fact that I'm in love with this game, it seems the support that's lavished upon it puts a great many other game developers to shame...

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> 1702: Long Range Scanner Display not always centred Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI