Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dream analysis needed

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Dream analysis needed Page: <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dream analysis needed - 11/30/2011 10:24:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Stalker Girl wanted to cut down on the cocktails at night, so, reluctantly, I agreed to keep her company in the endeavor. As a consequence, I think, I have been having very vivid dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I got invited over for dinner to the home of a professional assassin. This guy was a cool cucumber who could eliminate 3 or 4 people with his bare hands and them calmly leave the scene without any sign of concern. For some reason, he had young kids, which seemed a rather odd choice for an assassin...but anyway...the kids were hungry so I agreed to help heat up some leftovers. For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to heat up the leftovers IN a plastic container inside the toaster oven. It did not end well.

So here is the question. What does this mean and does it have any implications for WWIIc?

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 5851
Dissed by the Peking Noodle Company - 11/30/2011 10:31:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Normally, when one opens a fortune cookie, one finds an inspirational aphorism that might have been uttered by Admiral Somerville during one of his motivational talks, but today, my fortune read...

"Control appetite..overindulgence clogs body and mind"

Are you freakin' kidding me? I am so done with the Peking Noodle Company.

Post #: 5852
RE: Gotta love the security! - 11/30/2011 10:41:16 PM   
jeffk3510

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

No Pho King Way!

No, really, I'm not Pho King Kidding.*

* The Editorial Board well recognizes that this is inanely puerile but has chosen to allow it as we are now compensated by "hits".

I remember back in highschool in English class, we had the slowest teacher alive...

we had to write a story that she would read out loud.

Mine started...

"Hello, I'm Sofa Kingdom" (laughs)

Teacher "What is so funny about me being Sofa Kingdom" (laughs)...

Teacher "I guess I dont get it, but I will start over..."Hello, I'm Sofa Kingdom"".....

Aww.. Good times.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

Post #: 5853
RE: Gotta love the security! - 11/30/2011 10:55:44 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: jeffk3510

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

No Pho King Way!

No, really, I'm not Pho King Kidding.*

* The Editorial Board well recognizes that this is inanely puerile but has chosen to allow it as we are now compensated by "hits".

I remember back in highschool in English class, we had the slowest teacher alive...

we had to write a story that she would read out loud.

Mine started...

"Hello, I'm Sofa Kingdom" (laughs)

Teacher "What is so funny about me being Sofa Kingdom" (laughs)...

Teacher "I guess I dont get it, but I will start over..."Hello, I'm Sofa Kingdom"".....

Aww.. Good times.

Ah...so let me get this straight. You signed up for the non-advanced Engrish crass just so you could talk to the cute girls and skate on the homework?

(in reply to jeffk3510)
Post #: 5854
RE: Gotta love the security! - 11/30/2011 11:25:09 PM   
jeffk3510

English wasnt my strongpoint in hs. Girls, football, and math. Love math. Thats why I do what I do for a living.

Life is tough. The sooner you realize that, the easier it will be.

Currently chasing three kids around the Midwest.

Post #: 5855
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/1/2011 5:45:47 AM   
Moondawggie

quote:

Stalker Girl wanted to cut down on the cocktails at night, so, reluctantly, I agreed to keep her company in the endeavor. As a consequence, I think, I have been having very vivid dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I got invited over for dinner to the home of a professional assassin. This guy was a cool cucumber who could eliminate 3 or 4 people with his bare hands and them calmly leave the scene without any sign of concern. For some reason, he had young kids, which seemed a rather odd choice for an assassin...but anyway...the kids were hungry so I agreed to help heat up some leftovers. For some reason I decided it would be a good idea to heat up the leftovers IN a plastic container inside the toaster oven. It did not end well.

So here is the question. What does this mean and does it have any implications for WWIIc?

It means you should resume the standard cocktail ration. and ignore the dreams?

"The Yankees got all the smart ones, and look where it got them."

General George Pickett, the night before Gettysburg

Post #: 5856
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/3/2011 9:56:33 PM   
Chickenboy

AGAIN with the page two rescue...

You should keep better tabs on your AAR and spice it up with mixed drink recipes when necessary to protect your necessary P.1 station, man!

(in reply to Moondawggie)
Post #: 5857
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/3/2011 10:35:49 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

AGAIN with the page two rescue...

You should keep better tabs on your AAR and spice it up with mixed drink recipes when necessary to protect your necessary P.1 station, man!

Yes...quite pitiful, I admit. We had some sloooow turns because the four stooges upgraded to the latest patch and Admiral Lord Sprior got himself abducted by Norse raiders. Nothing serious, they should tire of him soon, but I had to look at the part of the map above the China Sea. Changsa is getting pulverized by air. We have a lot of LYCB's there but it will end badly at some point. I got the last RAF squadron (down to 1 Hurricane) out of there.

Burma: That LYB division out in the jungle near the Indian border is getting plastered by Allied air. Even worse for them, the little burg on the other side of the border is now crawling with Pongoes and Sikhs and Hindus and Muslims and even a Bn. of Zoroastrians. I imagine Admirar Rord Fabertong has sacked the idiot who concocted the plan.

Oz: The small CVL or CVE force is still NW of PH. They are within range of Carnavon which is now level four with good ground support and the best B-25 and B-26 jockeys we have...not to mention about 30 P-38F/G. There is no air HQ yet. If they get their act together and launch it might pay off. The bigger Jap CV force must be in the Indian Ocean somewhere outside the search range of our LB-30's. The CB's sent to Exmouth are unloading at Carnavon instead....D'oh! All the cripples from the 14th Naval Battle of Port Hedland made it back to Geraldton. JJ keeps putting aircraft back at PH and Broome. It's USAAF VII Bomber Command Whack-a-mole.

About 8 days till Yorktown if fully repaired. Illustrious and Wasp are ready. South Dakota and North Carolina will miss the next fight. We have Repulse and 4 pre-war US BB's plus a 24 kt RN BB whose name I cannot recall at this time. PoW Will leave Pearl tomorrow. JJ is reinforcing South of Darwin. They evidently fear an overland attack by UK 18th.

Merauke: 5th Marine Regt. nearly all ashore except for some pack howitzers. An air HQ and two CB's units are landing now. I think they suffered very heavy losses/damage in cruisers and BB's in the fight for PH and don't have much left to do anything about the thorn in the side.

SouPac: A Marine Regt left Auckland today with cover by Copahee, Long Island and Washington. Embarkation of the Fiji forces for the attack on Tanna will start tomorrow. A second B-17 squadron will move to Suva from Oz to support the attack.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/3/2011 10:36:12 PM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5858
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/3/2011 11:05:26 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

plus a 24 kt RN BB whose name I cannot recall at this time.

"R-something something something"?

Post #: 5859
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 3:49:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**********Moffet Field, Sunnyvale, Calif., November 1, 1942************

A USAAF General of substantial girth stands on a podium. Behind him in the hanger is a very large screen composed of parachute silk. He speaks to the crowd.

Gen Dreedle: ..Ladies and Gentlemen, we are engaged in a terrible struggle to defeat the Japanese menace in the Pacific. As a consequence of the needs in the European theater, we find ourselves short of bomber aircraft. That is where the very capable support of M&M Enterprises Aircraft Imagineering comes in. <he points to a young man in fine linen slacks and jacket..the crowd applauds>

I GIVE YOU...THE B-10B/Y!!! <The screen drops to reveal a beautifully polished and painted B-10B with 6 forward facing 50 cal machine guns and a twin Bofors 40 in the nose. There is an audible gasp and then wild applause>

Post #: 5860
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 3:51:20 PM   
Cap Mandrake

November '42 and a 2 plane squadron of B-10B's and a squadron of P-26's show up in SF.

I love this game.

Post #: 5861
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 4:02:32 PM   
Crackaces

quote:

November '42 and a 2 plane squadron of B-10B's and a squadron of P-26's show up in SF.

I love this game.

Those are two planes that some 20 exp level pilots can fly and crack up without losing very much ..and they will eventually become lvl 50 pilots ..

Post #: 5862
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 4:04:58 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Aesthetically, she is a beaut, especially awesome when the spent 40 mm shells spill out from under the fuselage during firing of the Bofors. Unfortunately, the first test version was lost when sustained firing of all 8 guns caused the airspeed to fall to a stall level.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/4/2011 4:13:50 PM >

Post #: 5863
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 4:18:23 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

**********Moffet Field, Sunnyvale, Calif., November 1, 1942************

A USAAF General of substantial girth stands on a podium. Behind him in the hanger is a very large screen composed of parachute silk. He speaks to the crowd.

Gen Dreedle: ..Ladies and Gentlemen, we are engaged in a terrible struggle to defeat the Japanese menace in the Pacific. As a consequence of the needs in the European theater, we find ourselves short of bomber aircraft. That is where the very capable support of M&M Enterprises Aircraft Imagineering comes in. <he points to a young man in fine linen slacks and jacket..the crowd applauds>

I GIVE YOU...THE B-10B/Y!!! <The screen drops to reveal a beautifully polished and painted B-10B with 6 forward facing 50 cal machine guns and a twin Bofors 40 in the nose. There is an audible gasp and then wild applause>

Reminiscent of Homer Simpson's self-designed automobile. Does the B-10B/Y have an air horn that does "La cucaracha" too?

Post #: 5864
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 4:26:57 PM   
Cap Mandrake

***************Nov 2, 1942***************

India: JJ are sweeping with Oscars over Calcutta almost every day and will generally down 1-2 Hurris. I think the only solution is to turn off the CAP for a few days and try to hit their base.

China: Big Jap attack at Tayun is repulsed. Changsha is getting pulverized by air and there isn't much we can do about it. 30 fighters sweep offensively every day.

Oz: Nobody got killed on our side today. JJ has Nicks at Broome again, some of which were killed by B-24's flying from Alice. most of the B-17's at Meekathara did not fly today. The mediums hit the airfield and groudn troops at PH. Oi is loitering near PH...not sure what a has been destroyer leader is going to do. Of interest is Jap surface combatants were seen leaving Guadalcanal headed North. Maybe they are reinforcing the DEI/Oz theater.

Post #: 5865
Chopped up duck parts - 12/4/2011 4:44:07 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I went to one of Stalker Girl's co-worker daughter's 18 year old "debutante" party. I know what you are thinking, "debutante party for an 18 year old"???? Not to put to fine a point on it, but this seems a case of OPENING the barn door after the cow has left the barn.

As you can imagine it was a very wholesome event. They weren't even serving alkeyhol (at least not on purpose). The host was Fillipino so there were about 150 Fillipino* guests, me, Stalker Girl and one Kaiser nurse from New York who came to the party half-drunk and then proceded to help herself to the host's Ketel One inside the house. The food was darn good. There was Karaoke in Tagolog. I learned why you never see any ducks (or leftover parts) in the PI. They eat EVERYTHING.

I was able to impress several guests with my knowledge of Luzon and Mindanao geography. After about 2 hrs. Stalker Girl and I snuck out to go get a brewski. We were both over-dosed on wholesomeness.

* Not sure if there are two "l's" or two "p's" in "Fillipino" and am too lazy to look it up.

Post #: 5866
RE: Chopped up duck parts - 12/4/2011 5:23:12 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I went to one of Stalker Girl's co-worker daughter's 18 year old "debutante" party. I know what you are thinking, "debutante party for an 18 year old"???? Not to put to fine a point on it, but this seems a case of OPENING the barn door after the cow has left the barn.

As you can imagine it was a very wholesome event. They weren't even serving alkeyhol (at least not on purpose). The host was Fillipino so there were about 150 Fillipino* guests, me, Stalker Girl and one Kaiser nurse from New York who came to the party half-drunk and then proceded to help herself to the host's Ketel One inside the house. The food was darn good. There was Karaoke in Tagolog. I learned why you never see any ducks (or leftover parts) in the PI. They eat EVERYTHING.

I was able to impress several guests with my knowledge of Luzon and Mindanao geography. After about 2 hrs. Stalker Girl and I snuck out to go get a brewski. We were both over-dosed on wholesomeness.

* Not sure if there are two "l's" or two "p's" in "Fillipino" and am too lazy to look it up.

Did they have any balut for you? Would you have known if you tried? Anything stew-like that was crunchy, chewy, cartilagenous, yolk-like creamyness and somewhat meaty-tasting? That's a good way for a Filipino to introduce this fine delicacy to outsiders-putting it in a stew.

Mmmm...partially calcified duck embryos...(drools...)

Post #: 5867
RE: Chopped up duck parts - 12/4/2011 5:40:10 PM   
Chickenboy

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5868
RE: Chopped up duck parts - 12/4/2011 5:44:53 PM   
Chickenboy

You see, Captain...the trick to fitting in at Filipino parties is to dress and commit to the appearances of the host. Blend in so as to be nearly invisible. Witness this image from my trip to Clark field a few years ago. Hard to tell where the Americano is, isn't it?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5869
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:12:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Nobody could POSSIBLY tell who is the non-local.

BB losses. Apparently Nagato was sunk again.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/4/2011 7:19:37 PM >

Post #: 5870
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:25:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This is what you call a booty-kicking on crusiers so far in NW Oz. Quite a few Jap cruisers damaged for sure.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5871
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:29:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Jap DD's sunk last month (maybe)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5872
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:32:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Allied DD's sunk. Quite a few damaged as well.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5873
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:38:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

I sure hope Kaga and Soryu are really sunk. I am pretty sure about Kaga, at least.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/4/2011 7:39:12 PM >

Post #: 5874
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:42:02 PM   
zuluhour

Cargo shorts complete give away.

Post #: 5875
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:42:11 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Scenario 2 is a *****

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5876
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:43:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Not to mention the marijuana/hemp shirt.

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 5877
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/4/2011 7:46:55 PM   
zuluhour

Post #: 5878
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/5/2011 1:10:45 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: zuluhour

Not to mention the marijuana/hemp shirt.

Ahem. It was bamboo-motif. Philistine.

Post #: 5879
RE: Dream analysis needed - 12/5/2011 1:34:26 AM   
zuluhour

withdraw

< Message edited by zuluhour -- 12/5/2011 2:28:14 AM >

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 5880
Page:   <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> Dream analysis needed Page: <<   < prev  194 195 [196] 197 198   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI