Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship designs again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship designs again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 11:38:41 AM   
Midas

I'm sorry to raise this again but it's driving me absolutely MAD!

Please, any ships manually created in red, just update the existing components and always show them on the latest design screen until removed by the player DO NOT START DELETING EXISTING COMPONENTS, or ship designs created by player.

That's it, nice and simple want to update your manually created ship? Just highlight ship classes to update as now and hit "upgraded selected designs" which update any existing components but does not add or remove any, please.

For me ship design is just so broken as to be unusable, I know that's me and probable not for everyone.

Ship designs, is for me a large part of the game... unfortunately it just drives me totally mad, sorry.

Sorry about the rant!

Still playing though.
Post #: 1
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 2:02:07 PM   
Evrett

There are 3 screens of ship designs have you checked for your missing designs under the non-obsolete screen? I've never had it delete designs before. Not sure what you mean by components.

You can also turn off automated ship design in the empire policy screen..which I do for the most part since I prefer my own designs. You can turn it back on, run a month, then immediately off again when you want the Ai's opinion of what a certain ship should look like later down the road.  

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan

(in reply to Midas)
Post #: 2
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 2:18:05 PM   
cookie monster

No ship designs have been deleted.

The default view is show latest designs

Seceond view is show non obsolete designs.

The design window is ok and packs alot of information, it is far from broke, but requires some experience to use.

Just keep on clicking away and you'll learn it.

(in reply to Evrett)
Post #: 3
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 3:47:07 PM   
Midas

Hmm

Well ok, not deleted but superseded by the AI design ships which it then proceeds to refit your entire fleet too!

I’ve seen my 7 Rail Gun designed Destroyer turn into the a basic 4 Max blaster weakling, it sticks Troop pods back on, and always removes Heavy Rail Guns in favour of the basic Rail Guns.

I could go on but thanks to Evrett for a great work around.

quote:

You can also turn off automated ship design in the empire policy screen..which I do for the most part since I prefer my own designs. You can turn it back on, run a month, then immediately off again when you want the Ai's opinion of what a certain ship should look like later down the road.

Sorry to whinge, but I find it really frustrating when I discover it’s refitted my ships into something completely different than my manually created designs.

Thx Evrett great Idea.

(in reply to cookie monster)
Post #: 4
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 5:56:57 PM   
Canute0

Its an Auto Designer, not my perfect custom designer.

When you design your own ship, you need to be care about it too.
The Upgrade button or Auto designer install the "best" tech but not allways the tech you prefer for that ship.
The Auto Designer never upgrade your ship by its own, he will create/update some of his owns.

When you start to design your own ships, you should turn of these automation and start to be care about the other ships too, maybe just hit the upgrade button for the private ships.

(in reply to Midas)
Post #: 5
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 6:14:08 PM   
the1sean

Erik and Elliot have stated ship design is getting a massive overhaul in the second patch for Legends, so we should see Beta versions of it pretty soon knowing how hard Elliot is working!

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 6
RE: Ship designs again - 12/10/2011 6:54:57 PM   
Midas

Thx People

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 7
RE: Ship designs again - 12/12/2011 2:38:04 AM   
balto

quote:

When you start to design your own ships, you should turn of these automation and start to be care about the other ships too, maybe just hit the upgrade button for the private ships.

That is how I do it (for private). It is good to see I am not alone.

I think we all echo the feeling that we wish we could custom design all of our ships, and have the AUTO UPDATE only do minor tweaks (better fuel tanks, reactors, engines, cargo, etc..,) for ships that we designate and not REMOVE and ADD stuff like it does now. This Adding and Removing stuff wrecks everything and requires those of that Custom design to keep an eye on ALL builds at ALL times.

Legends is still awesome, but this sure could avoid a lot of micro if it was tweaked.

< Message edited by balto -- 12/12/2011 2:39:08 AM >

(in reply to Canute0)
Post #: 8
RE: Ship designs again - 12/12/2011 5:28:13 AM   
Gelatinous Cube

I built a Silvermist Hunter-Killer-type-destroyer-thing and the AI never force-upgraded them. The entirety of the rest of my fleet was on auto. My design was eventually left in the out-dated section, but it never retrofitted these destroyers to the AI-designed variety. Perhaps because I never set that particular fleet of ships to auto?

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 9
RE: Ship designs again - 12/12/2011 6:10:56 AM   
Gray Death

wohoo, that a very good thing, i love to design ships :)

(in reply to the1sean)
Post #: 10
RE: Ship designs again - 12/13/2011 11:09:03 PM   
Chet Guiles

YES!

(in reply to balto)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Ship designs again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI